• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Motion Plus (WMP) Ruined Skyward Sword

T

TUNA9906

I had some calibrating issues but not like that. I would get a new remote. The gold one that came with the special edition of SS has worked fine for me.

I think I agree with most people. Either something wrong with the wii mote or you were swinging it like a mad man or not calibrating it right in the first place. I only have to centre the wii mote if I was pointing off in some crazy direction while getting out an item other than that it worked great for me.

I only played TP on gamecube so this was first motion zelda for me and it was great fun

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I never needed to recalibrate. It did it at the start of each game and if the batteries went but other than that it was great. sounds like you've got a dodgy remote

FYI, I only read the starting post, but I completely think that WMP MADE SS, the feature worked perfectly for me. Also, you couldn't have played Skyward Sword without it because that is what figures out the turn of the wrist if the Wiimote isn't pointed at the screen. Otherwise you'd have to make sure that the Wiimote was constantly facing it, not an easy task.

Alright I have a few suggestions that will hopefully help. Try getting a Wii Mote Plus if you can the one where the extra motion is already in the Wii Remote since they really seem to register better. Also try actually putting your arm in too it you will get more accurate swings. Lastly search on Zelda Dungeon on Axel the Beasts post where he explains in detail how to help with every mechanic of the Wii Mote Plus in SS.

Night Owl

~Momentai
When you use an Item that you point with it auto centers when you equip and use it. Either point at the screen before you equip or just go off the position it is at when you equip it.

I never really had a problem with the controls, aside from having to re-calibrate between players.
Playing styles vary between people and if you all use the same wiimote it can seem off.
If you learn to play how it was meant to be played you'll never have a problem. It goes for any game.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Make sure your sensor bar in a good position to get the signal. That's what happened to me. If it's for the Bow and Arrow or Beetle, then that's normal. There's a centering option for that. Don't swing it really hard. The Wii Motion Plus is really sensitive.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Wii Motion Plus single handedly ruined Syward Sword for me! I had to recalibrate and recenter the darn thing after almost every hack or slash! If it was only a once in a blue moon thing where it gets messed up I'd be fine with that, but it happend every minute! Take for example the final part of the final Ghiriamim battle; It took me six trys to beat him because of the stupid WMP. It didnt give me time to apreciate the game because I was constantly frustrated. WMP should've been an option.

It seems like you experienced something very rare. Perhaps there's a problem with your Wii-remote or sensor bar. My playthroughs of Skyward Sword were very smooth, with almost no problems with the motion controls. Only very rarely did I experience a motion control problem; and it was usually my error, not the controls' fault.

I personally liked the Wii motion plus functionality in the game. It made it feel like I was actually apart of the game instead of jus the normal button pressing to make link swing the sword o_O
In skyward sword, links sword arm would pretty much mimic whatever my movement was. Unlike in twilight princess were he jus has the basic moves with the remote to make him do certain swings. Playing the 2 games at the same time (one after the other more or less) I could actually tell the difference between have the Wii motion plus and not having it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom