• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Motion Plus or Wii Remote Plus? Which one do you prefer (and why)?

Now as the release of Skyward Sword draws closer, I have decided to start this thread to se if you guys prefere the Wii motion plus attachement or the more recent Wii remote plus. Keep in mind that both of them has their share of pros and cons, so there is not really possible to call one better than the other.

I personally prefere the motion plus, for several reasons. First of all; I got big hands, so the extra length makes it easier to hold comfortabely. It also adds a considerably amount of mass, so it requires more force to swing it faster than the spesifications of the gyrosensor (resulting in more responsive movment). The last point is that it's easier to hold with two hands, which provides usefull in some of the Wii sports resort minigames.

So, which one do you prefere, and why?

Last edited:
I haven't used either, and would likely be happy with either option. However, for simplicity's sake I'd probably go with the Wii Remote Plus, since it's packed in with the bundle I'll most likely be getting, and I have yet to even try the Wii Motion Plus.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I would choose Wii Remote Plus because it feels better in the hand. Kinda like how the Wii remotes were at the start.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wiimote Plus, I used both controllers and found that the Wii Motion Plus was too bundle-y or crowded, whichever one is appropriate terminology. Less clutter aroudn the hand means more precise motions, right?

What's the difference between the 2?

One comes in the form of an approximately 50 cubic-centimeter sized block you connect to the expansion-connector of the remote, while the other one has the whole thing built into the remote itself.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I prefer the Wii Remote Plus, because it's prettier. I don't need anything extra to use it.

SS' remote looks awesome. I have the bundle preordered. *.*

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I prefer the Wii Remote Plus. It maintains the same size that I'm used to using with the original Wii remote, and doesn't have extra parts that can get lost.

That said, I don't mind using the Wii Motion Plus that much either. It's not bad at all, it's just that the new remote is more streamlined. I'm glad that there is an upgrade available for my older Wiimotes, so I don't have to replace them all. But still, any new Wiimotes I get will likely be Wii Remote Plus.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I prefer the Wiimote Plus. It only needs one jacket and is less cumbersome. The motion plus really gets in the way when playing games like Other M, Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii. It is also easier to break a motion plus as it is connected my small pieces of metal and plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom