• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Injuries

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Wow, I just read an article in Gameinformer, about all these injuries, from the Wii,and they're making this thing called the Wii, full body pod.

The article goes as following

"We've all seen the YouTube videos of televisions ruined by an overexcited gamer throwing a Wii remote through thier set. Nintendo initially sought to combat the lack of general motor skills by encouraging gamers to use the remote's wrist strap, but clearly it didn't take.As a response Nintendo is launching a new play it safe initiative.

"Many of our Following customers are very fragile, due to lack of excersize and low bone density caused by a lack of sun exposure", commented company spokesman Reggie Fils-Aime. "Frankly most of them look like dudes I used to give swirlies to in high school - I was all state football, two years. We've had a lot of reports of broken ankles, sprained wrists, and that was just playing tetris party! Man, you should see the pictures we got of Wii Fit injuries; it looks like the aftermath of a soccer riot.

The linchpin of the play it safe campaign is the WiiBodyPod, a new full body version of the wii remote jacket By stepping into the WiiBodyPod, gamers will be protected from injury by a polyurethane shell as they flail and flop, their ways through Raymans Raving Rabiids Hey, it's the best we could do; I hope it works. But these people are Amazing, this one guy managed to cut his thumb off with the numchuck! "how'd he even do that?" marvled Fils-Aime.
GameInformer 2009

What do you think about this idea, and what do the injuries mean to you, post your ideas here!

What the hell? That doesn't sound right at all. Are you sure this isn't one of Game Informer's ridiculous jokes?

Either way, I don't see any major problem, as it's the peoples' own fault for getting too excited and doing stupid crap like letting go of the Wiimote.

My shoulder was pretty sore after playing Wii Sports Baseball for a while, but it was nothing major.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
...WTF? Some dude cut off his ****ing thumb with a Nunchuck? That thing has no edges, period. I would have trouble cutting my thumb off with a dull knife, let alone that. These people are made of marshmellows and toothpicks. Seriously. The retards...

This is just one of Game Informers stupid, biased jokes. They try their best to make Nintendo look bad in everything they do. They've pulled far too many of these "jokes" before, and it's getting very old.

"Many of our Following customers are very fragile, due to lack of excersize and low bone density caused by a lack of sun exposure", commented company spokesman Reggie Fils-Aime. "Frankly most of them look like dudes I used to give swirlies to in high school - I was all state football, two years. We've had a lot of reports of broken ankles, sprained wrists, and that was just playing tetris party! Man, you should see the pictures we got of Wii Fit injuries; it looks like the aftermath of a soccer riot

This, is why Reggie is awesome. :)

I would sure hope this a joke, since it seems incredibly stupid, but then again I wouldn't doubt it with America.

Seriously, how do break an ankle playing tetris? :facepalm:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It is just a stupid, lame joke... that's why websites like GameInformer and GameFaqs are crap...

And there's no way you could cut yourself with the Nunchuk

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Yeah, its those darn biased online people. One little incident happens (i.e. people letting go of the controller during gameplay, thus causing damage), then they decide to poke at it. And really, wearing body armour to safely play a game? That sounds like the stereotypical super-mother. And yet, these people don't poke a single stick at Microsoft or Sony. Look, just because there are a few companies that make games for Nintendo that don't know the awesome true power of the console doesn't mean that the console itself sucks. In example, notice how the XBOX360, their graphics improve annually because people discover their true power, just like the N64 did. I'm just saying that people are always picking on the 110 year old company for no apparent reason.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Either way, I don't see any major problem, as it's the peoples' own fault for getting too excited and doing stupid crap like letting go of the Wiimote.
I very much agree with this. I hardly even swing the remote, but rather just flick my wrist. It gets the job done, and you don't need to worry about the possibility of flailing into anything/anyone. And if these people aren't wearing the straps, than it's just even more their fault.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
it may be an April Fools, joke like someone else said, it was the april magizine o_O. As Josh said, I do believe people can be so foolish and It's no suprise about America:P. As far as I know, the Body Pod is true.

it may be an April Fools, joke like someone else said, it was the april magizine o_O. As Josh said, I do believe people can be so foolish and It's no suprise about America:P. As far as I know, the Body Pod is true.
I don't see how it's possible.

They're not going to construct a fricking rubber cast for a person to play a game in. It doesn't make sense, is probably impossible, and even if it was possible it would have too much potential to kill someone (by smothering them.)

And I guaranty you no one ever cut their finger off with the Wiimote. Physically impossible.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
How the heak did a man manged to cut off his tumb!!! And those people are not even being safe! It's more likely there fault because there not doing the stuff that will keep them safe!!:mad:

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
What the hell? That doesn't sound right at all. Are you sure this isn't one of Game Informer's ridiculous jokes?
It must be. The spelling and grammar are absolutely atrocious. *points to a single misspelled word*

But I break tv's all the time, but with normal controllers. I get pissed when I fail at a game. xD

But I've never once thrown a WiiMote. I've never gotten hurt with one either.

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Wait that sounds like the Wii jacket.

It is just a joke. Game informer always does that so do not think it is true

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It is because of ******** articles like that that rumors start to run across the internet, and next time we hear about it, we'll hear that a wii controller cause the 3rd world war or something... Seriously, it's the opinion of biased people who don't like Nintendo, clearly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom