• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Game Recommendations

I've really neglected my Wii, and I have no good excuse for doing so.
I'm ready to give it the treatment it deserves and get some (by "some" I mean a bunch) of games for it.
I already own:
-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-Mario Kart Wii
-Mario Party 8
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
-A few "casual" games like Wii Play and Wii Sports, etc..

What I have on my list to get:
-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (I don't have this already because I don't have Wii motion plus because money)
-Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
-New Super Mario Brothers Wii
-Monster Hunter Tri
-Xenoblade Chronicles
-The Last Story
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-The Force Unleashed I and II (I know people don't like them, but I love Star Wars and I've heard the gameplay is best on Wii)
-Okami
-Marumasa: The Demon Blade
-Pikmin 1 and 2

What games would you guys consider absolute Must Buys on the Wii that I haven't mentioned above?
(inb4 Sin and Punishment, Battalion Wars and Lost in Shadow. I'm just really not interested in these )

*Also tell me about your experiences with the games I plan on getting, I wanna hear some stories!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
You have almost all of them covered in your "to get" list, but I would add Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 1 & 2 from the Trilogy if you don't have them for the GameCube.

A few others I recommend, but not as strongly as the ones listed above are Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Mario Power Tennis, both if you don't have them on the GameCube.

It's nice to see someone putting so much forethought into his recommendations list. All of the games you listed are topnotch Wii titles.

Allow me to suggest a few more:

• Metroid: Other M
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Madworld
  • World of Goo (WiiWare)
  • Wario Land: Shake It!!!

The first two are based off your current Wii library and games you intend to get. Apparently you're a fan of both the Mario and Metroid franchises meaning these titles should fit right in. Wario Land: Shake It!!! is another fantastic platformer.

Madworld and World of Goo are among the most unique games of the generation with the former being a Wii exclusive and the Wii being the only console option for the latter although it is also available for mobile platforms. Madworld's black and white color palette draws attention to the blood spewed from defeated foes, making executions all the more satisfying whereas World of Goo is a unique physics game based on positioning gooey blobs to get to the finish.

Videos included for reference:

[video=youtube;dnQweMdzbPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnQweMdzbPg[/video]
[video=youtube;-A_JfkzPwww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_JfkzPwww[/video]

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
One slightly more obscure game I would recommend is Elebits. It's a bit more on the casual side of the spectrum.

It's a first person hide and seek game where you find a bunch of small electric creatures called Elebits. I enjoy this game but only for small amounts of time and I have not finished it yet. It has a game mode where you can customize rooms which isn't worth much when if you play alone. It's better for creating a level then challenging a friend or sibling to see if he/she can beat it. Regardless, I had a lot of fun just designing rooms because that's just the kind of thing I like to do in video games. The main quest includes boss Elebits and some rare Elebits that you can find.

It might be fun if any of that sounds good to you, but probably not.

Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins of the Moon is decent.

Silent Hill - shattered Memories also ok.

Little Kings Story is fantastic if you like pikmin.

Pandoras Tower is also really good.

I bought and played Madworld and I'm not a fan. Much prefer the 2 No More Heroes games.

Fragile Dreams: Ruins of the Moon - like no other game you will ever play

No More Heroes 1 & 2 - two of the best action games on the wii

Kibry's Return to Dreamland/ Adventure Wii - best Kirby game in years and a lot of fun

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies - A rail shooter unlike any other ever made.

Resident Evil 4 wii version: if you don't have this game on any other platform then its pretty cool on the wii.

Dan

Tatsunoku VS Capcom - It's very easy to learn compared to the normal capcom fighters, looks visually great. No DLC nonsense.
Rayman Origins - Fun co-op platformer that gets rid of them pesky rabbits and brings back our hero, good game.
Sonic and sega all stars racing - It's a pretty fun kart racer, includes online play too, haven't tried that out.

You have almost all of them covered in your "to get" list, but I would add Super Paper Mario and Metroid Prime 1 & 2 from the Trilogy if you don't have them for the GameCube.

A few others I recommend, but not as strongly as the ones listed above are Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Mario Power Tennis, both if you don't have them on the GameCube.

Of course I've played 1&2 in the Prime Trilogy. The first one was one of the few basically perfect gaming experiences I've had.
Did you ever try Super Mario Strikers or Mario Strikers Charged? They look rather intriguing, but I've never tired them

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I'm glad Okami is on your list- I love it. I have only played it on the PS2, but heard it is good on Wii too. Link's Crossbow Training is fun! I also liked Shattered Memories and the Naruto games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Did you ever try Super Mario Strikers or Mario Strikers Charged? They look rather intriguing, but I've never tired them

I have tried Super mario Strikers! It was a great game...for two hours. Honestly, the game is execution based, but it gets boring really quickly. I bought it expecting a FIFA like experience (because back then, the FIFA games for PS2 were AMAZING), but didn't get that. I don't know, youmight like it or you might not! Never tried Mario Strikers Charged, though, since it is a Wii game that I forgot about. DX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom