• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Fifth Anniversary

The Nintendo Wii celebrates it's fifth anniversary today. It's hard to believe so much time has passed since the dawn of the motion control revolution. Originally dubbed "Revolution" the Wii was first unveiled at E3 2005 along with several games including Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and features such as the Virtual Console. What are your favorite memories with the Wii? Do you believe Skyward Sword is a fitting swan song for the little box that could?

I've always loved playing my Wii. The first game I got for it was Twilight Princess. I played that game for months without end. And yes, I do think that Skyward Sword is going to be the proper swan song for the starter of the motion control craze.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
While I've never owned a Wii in my life, I've great experiences with it. Playing all sorts of games using the Wiimote felt so different, but consoling at the same time. Just great stuff, I have to say. Sure, the graphics are subpar, but Nintendo more than made up with intuitive gameplay in my opinion. The Wii isn't for everyone, but I have enjoyed it. No, Skyward Sword is not a fitting swan song. The Wii needs to live a lot longer, because it is only now with the advent of SS touching its inner scope.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
i got mine used back in may with super paper mario. best one's ive played on it are megaman 10, madworld, and epic mickey. if more games had taked advantage of the wii controls then it would've done alot better. hopefully skyward sword will get it right.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Well, I had memories in '05 about Miyamoto-San PROMISING Earthbound for VC. But of course, the amazing genius broke his promise... and for that... I can't help but buy his games, consoles and look up to him as a God.

But anyway, I love my Wii. Zelda, Mario, VC, Kirby, WiiWare.... Sonic.... wow... not that much.

Playing Twilight Princess was the best moment I had with my wii,playing Skyward Sword and Brawl for the first time were awesome moments too and I still hope to find myself a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy to live again a great moment with my Wii

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Wow. Celebrating the Wii's fifth anniversary is big. I still have my old Wii, which maybe plan to get a new one. Playing all those games like TP, SSBB, NSMB Wii, MK Wii, etc. The release of Skyward Sword has just begun experiencing the Wii. Happy Anniversary to Wii for turning 5.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Before Skyward Sword my favorite memory was unwrapping the box that contained it on a Christmas morn. Though I was expecting it (as I'd asked for it incessantly), my face lit up in utter delight, and once all the other presents were opened I set it up and commenced playing it. First my family and I made our own Miis, or at least I attempted replicating one for each member, and then decided to try out the game--Mario Kart Wii--that came with it. When not hanging out with my family I played that for the rest of the day, marveling at the fresh experience it presented. And not two months later I had saved up enough for Super Smash Brothers Brawl, which I purchased while out-of-town for a basketball game. That kept my interest for many months, until friends let me borrow a few other titles, but none have ever come close to Brawl.

That is until I took up the Nunchuk and Wiimote in hand and set out against a land full of foes. Skyward Sword has launched me heavenward with its novel perception of gameplay and storyline of irrefutable authenticity. It has set itself apart from any other title I've played, an experience so unique I hardly recognize it as even belong to Zelda. Now I'm forging new memories that can't be replaced due to this, and I'm loving every minute of it. :)

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
Ive always been a Nintendo fan, so when the wii came out, i was extremely excited! Although i could not get it until last year, my experience with it has been amazing. I love the awesomeness of Nintendo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom