• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Wig-Or-Log

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
This is an amazing story! RP you are really one of the most talented writers I've ever, well, read from, so to speak. I'm kind of new to the forums and I discovered this the other day. At first I was like, what's this? But now that I've been reading it I'm like: Where have you been all my life?!?! Keep up the great work!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
This is an amazing story! RP you are really one of the most talented writers I've ever, well, read from, so to speak. I'm kind of new to the forums and I discovered this the other day. At first I was like, what's this? But now that I've been reading it I'm like: Where have you been all my life?!?! Keep up the great work!

Muchas gracious. Glad that I could capture another reader's attention.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Finally! I just finished reading the entire story nonstop. I am shocked at everything that has happened so far, and excited at what will happen later. I still support the theory that Baas is Atsuma's son because every time the discretes mention him they mention his lineage so there is always a chance. Great job on everything RP and can't wait till the next chapter.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Finally! I just finished reading the entire story nonstop. I am shocked at everything that has happened so far, and excited at what will happen later. I still support the theory that Baas is Atsuma's son because every time the discretes mention him they mention his lineage so there is always a chance. Great job on everything RP and can't wait till the next chapter.

Wow! All of it? Even chapter 19? That was some reading man. Your dedication makes me want to write more. Well... that and my own imagination which keeps telling me I'm not allowed to not finish :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
OMGoodness, I am so sorry that this took so long. It's a chapter that I've been waiting to write since I first started the story. As you will read, this chapter contains a lot and I still don't feel that it's perfect, but I believe if I don't get this out soon then its not gonna get out and I REALLY want to move on. So read, enjoy, comment, and the rest...

Chapter 64 : A Misunderstanding

"You have got to be kidding me." Pandora responded in disbelief.

"Nope, it’s true." Sheina confirmed.

Pandora put her face in the palm of her hand. This conflict was the last thing the team needed. “Well this is just great.” She said. “No wonder Baas is throwing a fit. If anyone had tried to attack Atsuma when he wasn’t ready, Koroko would’ve responded just like Baas did. But how is it that so many people on our team find their friends from the Center? It’s supposed to be extremely rare to do so.”

Sheina gave a shrug. "Maybe fate just likes us."

"Well where are all my friends from the Center, huh fate?" Pandora asked the sky. "Why’d you stick me with Koroko instead?" She then put her hands on her hips and sighed. "Oh well. Atleast Atsuma’s over there now. He’ll handle the situation once he finds out the truth about Baas and Vatti’s relationship."

Atsuma was indeed trying to get to the bottom of the situation. He pulled his sword away from the now calm Baas and spoke with authority.
"Well?" He asked, looking at Koroko.

"Hey, don’t look at me!" Koroko fussed, standing up on his feet. "Baas is the one who freaking switched sides out of nowhere! I wasn’t even attacking him when he suddenly jumped in my way!"

Atsuma turned to Baas. "Is that true?"

"Of course it’s true!" Koroko answered for Baas. "I was attacking that Vatti girl when Baas suddenly blocked my attack. I would have had her too if he hadn’t jumped in the way. I think he might have some kind of crush on..."

"Koroko! I’m asking Baas!" Atsuma said raising his voice. Koroko stopped talking upon seeing the seriousness in Atsuma. It was rare for Atsuma to get serious with Koroko. Then again, Atsuma always hated in team fighting when it wasn’t for training or comedy’s sake.

The angry Leader spoke again to the younger one. "Baas, is that true?"

Baas fiddled nervously, yet assuredly. He switched sword and shield hands to show so. He knew he was in trouble, but he did not regret what he did. Still, his mind contemplated the situation and how to best handle it. Had Baas calmly told Atsuma why he had blocked Koroko’s attack, Atsuma would have been able to handle the situation. If Baas had told Atsuma that Vatti had been his childhood friend, Atsuma would have felt compassion and worked out the situation. If Baas had even only told Atsuma that Vatti had saved his life only recently, Atsuma would have let her go without much of a fuss. But Baas didn’t tell Atsuma any of that, because Baas hadn’t been asked that. He hadn’t been asked why he intercepted Koroko’s attack, he had only been asked did he do it. Most would go into detail, in fact, normally Baas would too, but for some reason his brain told him to only answer the question that had been asked of him. And so, he did.

"Yes." Was the only thing that came out of Baas’ mouth.

"See?" Koroko emphasized.

"Come on Koroko," Atsuma pointed out, "I’m sure Baas isn’t some random person who would just decide to switch countries in the middle of a fight." He then turned back to Baas. "Baas, why-"

But Atsuma couldn’t finish. For from his left, Vatti attacked with her sword using a horizontal slash.

In the midst of the talking, no one had really been paying attention to her and thus had not taken account as to what she might’ve been thinking. She had only been half listening to the conversation when it came to her attention that she stopped fighting because Atsuma interfered. Why? Atsuma wasn’t in charge of her. She didn’t have to listen to him if she didn’t want to. But that wasn’t what made her attack the Leader. In the middle of the conversation, she had heard Koroko say that maybe Baas had a crush on her. Though the phrase hadn’t been completed, it made her blush. What was worse, Atsuma had asked Baas was it true and Baas said yes. Vatti didn’t know what to believe. She had only interpreted what she half heard so couldn’t confirm the truth. Her emotions ran wild. She couldn’t bare to hear anymore, it was too much anxiety for her, too… embarrassing. She especially couldn’t let Atsuma ask why and have Baas go into detail. And thus, her body seemed to move on it’s own as she attacked.

Atsuma was faster than Vatti, so he was able to block the incoming attack. He held the curved sword he stole in his left hand vertically, blade down, to block the slice. This stopped Vatti’s attack and left her wide open. Koroko, upon seeing his best friend get attacked without warning, became infuriated. He jumped back a little with his blade in his hands and attacked Vatti with a vertical slice from above. Seeing his best friend in danger, Baas’ anger rose once again. He jumped forward to stop in front of Vatti’s sword, which was extended in front of his body, and lifted his right leg under the blade. Not touching Vatti or Atsuma, Baas’ leg kicked Koroko in the abdomen before his attack could reach Vatti. After which, he jumped back. The Near landed against a tree, hurt but not injured.

The attack on his best friend, made Atsuma’s rage grow exponentially. It didn’t matter if it was Baas, Vatti, or the most powerful Discrete in all of Wig-Or-Log. Nobody gave a cheap shot to Koroko like that. Not while Atsuma was around. He spun on his left foot to push the attacking Vatti away. After a 270 degree spin in under a second, Atsuma charged forward at Baas to unleash his fury. Baas, still feeling the fury from seeing Vatti attacked, jumped back with Atsuma’s attacks. Atsuma was prepared. He knew Baas’ speed and that there was no way Baas could… what was this? Though Atsuma was attacking at a speed he knew Baas couldn’t match, Baas was… matching it! Always, Atsuma’s sword was swinging from left, right, up, down and any other possible way, but it always met the metal of either Baas’ shield or his sword.

Vatti watched as the two moved farther from her. Baas’ speed had indeed increased since the fight he had just had with her but Vatti had no time to marvel at that. Baas was in trouble. Even if he was holding his own, he shouldn’t have to. Not when he had Vatti around.

Vatti charged forward, prepared to attack Atsuma from behind. But she wasn’t the only one. Koroko saw the assault that was coming at his friend and ran to intercept it. Baas blocked the most recent vertical slice with his sword in his left hand. With the way he was positioned, he could turn to his right to see Vatti coming to his aid, but that wasn’t all he saw. Koroko was right behind her and soon would intercept. All the while, Baas could tell that Vatti did not see him coming. Feeling that using his voice wouldn’t be as effective, Baas, without letting go of the hold he was using against Atsuma, pulled his shield arm under his neck. As he did so, his shield slid down his arm where Baas caught the disk in his hand.

Vatti recognized that pose. Baas, was about to throw his shield. But why? Atsuma was right in front of him. Then again, his stance didn’t show that he was throwing the shield at Atsuma but at… her! Why would he do that unless...

Baas released his right arm and sent his shield flying toward Vatti. Vatti, running full speed toward the shield, stopped short and ducked. The shield’s target was now Koroko, who hadn’t been prepared for it. He stopped and put his sword in a vertical position, just in time to block. However, this left his lower part wide open. Vatti took this opportunity to slide her feet under Koroko’s. Normally Vatti would finish off her opponent, but Baas still needed her help. She picked up his shield and continued her journey to him. Atsuma looked over his left shoulder and saw Koroko fall. Normally, he would stay and finish, but in the rare times Koroko needed his help, he was there to help him. Pushing up against Baas, Atsuma turned around and ran toward Koroko. As he did, he passed Vatti who was sprinting toward Baas. The two reached their friends and began speaking quietly.

"Koroko, are you okay." Atsuma spoke softly.

"I’m fine!" Koroko said firmly. "Only thing really hurt is my pride. But see Atsuma? I told you! He’s helping that girl."

"Yeah, I can see. I don’t know why, but for some reason he’s taking sides with her."

"Do you think he likes her?"

"Maybe. That could explain it, but I doubt Baas would betray us just for some crush. He may get distracted easily, but his personality proves otherwise."

"Well, we’re not gonna let him get away with it are we?"

"Of course not! He’s got to learn his place. But there’s something... not right about him today. Something physical."

"You mean his speed?"

"Exactly. I wasn’t going full force, but my speed should have been more than enough to outmatch his. It might be his anger. It could be making him fight better than usual. Since he’s hardly ever angry, we’ve never really seen him fight when he’s raged."

"But we get people angry all the time. We use it against them. Its suppose to throw off there fighting."

"That’s cause they don’t know how to channel it. If you can control your anger, it can become a very powerful weapon. Plus, Baas’ drive isn’t in protecting his pride. It’s in protecting that girl."

As the two teammates contemplated their situation, Baas and Vatti were having their own discussion.

"Baas." Vatti started in a low voice. "What are you doing?"

"What’s it look like I’m doing? I’m fighting."

"But why are you fighting your own team. This is a war! You should be fighting against me, not with me!"

"I’m not going to let anyone kill you."

Vatti tried hard to hide her smile.
"Baas, you moron, I know we have… feelings for each other but this isn’t the Center. You can’t choose to be friends with an enemy and rebel against your own country. You keep this up, and you could be black banded. I’m sure Orange won’t keep someone who fights their own-"

"Vatti, I have to do this."

"No you don’t. You just think you do because emotions are telling you that you have to."

"Vatti I’m not gonna let them kill you."

"Baas, I’m getting tired of arguing with you. Now get your crybaby butt up and stop protecting me like I’m some helpless little..."

"I’M NOT LOSING YOU AGAIN!" Baas said fiercly. He didn’t shout it, but he said it with enough intensity that it shocked Vatti. She had known Baas her whole life. For him to get this emotional was extremely rare. Baas looked Vatti in her eyes to make sure she understood.

"Losing you was the hardest part of the Center Vatti. Once that part was over, everything else was easy. But I didn’t care, I just wanted my best friend back. Now that you’re back, you think I can just let you leave again? Even if you’re a Blue, even if you’re an enemy of my country, you’re still my best friend. I can’t sit by and let someone kill you. Just like you couldn’t sit by and let me drown."

It was a little... awkward, to hear Baas talk like this. He had always been an honest guy, but to be this honest? Vatti was silent for some seconds more. Then, a little smirk came on her face.

"Baas, you moron. You have got to be the biggest baby ever. Fine! Do what you want, but if you get black-banded, don’t come crying to me."

"Fine, I won't." Baas said. His attitude had completely changed. He had gone from an emotional teenager back to his old self, and that is what Vatti had wanted.

"Fine." Vatti said.

"Fine." Baas repeated.

"Fine."
"Fine."
"Fine!" they both said simultaneously.

The two friends then turned back at Koroko and Atsuma. Simultaneously, the other two friends looked at Baas and Vatti. As though rehearsed, the four fighters spun there weapons and pointed them at the opposite team. They were ready to continue fighting.

"You call that ‘handling it?’" Sheina exclaimed.

Pandora made a face to show her embarrassment. "Not exactly." She said sarcastically. "Something must have gone amiss."

"Gee, ya think?" Sheina said with high sarcasm. This comment made Pandora look at Sheina sternly.
"I’m sorry." Sheina said nervously. "Been spending too much time with Baas."

Pandora refocused her on the scene across the river. "I know Atsuma wouldn’t have attacked Vatti if he knew she was Baas’ childhood friend. Koroko might, but even he would think twice about killing her."

"What should we do?" Sheina asked.

"Well, we tried yelling, but when those two are fighting they only care about the fight." Pandora said shaking her head.

"Yes they do." Sheina agreed talking about the other team.

"Come on." Pandora exclaimed. "We have to get over there before they start fighting again. If we can’t stop them with our voices, we can do it with our bodies."

Pandora began to head toward the water when she noticed Sheina wasn’t following her.
"Come on!" She called to her. "What are you waiting for?"

"Uh..." Sheina exclaimed embarrassed. "I’m not the best swimmer."

Pandora rolled her eyes and went back to help the Leader.

The air between the two team of friends was still. The atmosphere seemed quiet. Both teams felt that either could attack them at any moment. Baas watched the two in front of him. Atsuma was calm, observing him, as he always did. He then looked to Atsuma’s left. Koroko wasn’t calm at all. He was getting antsy not being able to do anything. What was good was that Atsuma had not noticed his partner’s unstillness. He was too busy observing Baas and Sheina. This was good news to Baas. If Koroko charged forward without waiting for Atsuma, it would be two on one with Baas and Vatti having the advantage. Baas was happy about this. Soon, Koroko would charge and Baas and Vatti would be able to take him.

Atsuma watched his prey. He would have to be more careful with Baas. Baas already had the keen mind needed to be a good opponent, the only thing he had been missing was the strength and speed, which he now somehow possessed. Still, as good as Baas was, Atsuma could see the difference between him and Vatti. Vatti was growing ever so frustrated. Standing there, waiting for the moment to strike; she seemed very impatient to come and attack Atsuma and Koroko. And what made things more interesting is that Baas didn’t notice her. He was too busy analyzing Atsuma and Koroko to see that his friend would charge in without him. That meant all Atsuma had to do was wait, and Vatti would charge at him and Koroko alone, thus giving them the advantage.

The Leader smirked as he thought of his plan that would work. Baas saw the smirk. Atsuma was planning something, but that didn’t matter because he still didn’t see Koroko. This thought made Baas smirk as well. Atsuma saw the smirk. Baas was planning something, but that didn’t matter.

Baas knew.

Atsuma knew.

All the had to do was wait-

"YAGH!!!"

Koroko and Vatti both screamed at the same time. Koroko ran charging in to attack. Simultaneously, Vatti did the same thing. They both ran toward each other until they were close enough to strike. Vatti and Koroko’s swords clashed with each other in seconds.

Both Baas and Atsuma had the same look on their face. Wide eyed and shocked. Neither had noticed that their own partner was getting tired of waiting around. Meanwhile, the two in the center glared angrily at each other in the eye. Their swords pressed up against each other with great strength. After a couple more moments in this stance, the two pressed up against each other so that the attacks would repel. This movement left a gap between the two. Vatti’s sword returned to the gap first. She sliced horizontally to make Koroko move back. And so Koroko did, as though he were losing. Vatti continued her slices and it seemed as though Koroko was barely holding his defense. It appeared that between the two, Vatti was winning. But something was off, and Baas could feel it. He knew Koroko’s speed and he knew that he could be blocking some of the attacks Vatti was giving him. Yet he was dodging them and moving backwards as though he were losing his balance. Baas could see through this strategy. Koroko was trying to lure Vatti away from Baas, toward where Atsuma was, and catch Vatti off guard. Baas wasn’t going to let that succeed though. He noted Koroko’s movement, his speed, how long it would take him to reach where Atsuma was; everything had to be timed right if Baas’ plan was going to work. He had to launch… NOW!!!
Baas took took a step forward and pulled his right arm under his neck, preparing to launch his shield. As he moved, he gave the heads up that was needed.
“Vatti duck!” Then, his shield left his arm as his body continued to move forward.

Upon hearing Baas’ voice, Vatti acted on instinct. Not knowing why, she got low and the shield flew over her head. Koroko had not expected Baas shield to come at him, but he had been preparing a counter attack. Because of this, he was prepared to move his sword. He brought it up in a vertical position to block the frisbee like shield. The sword’s stance made the shield ricochet to Koroko’s right, directly at Atsuma. It was thanks to Atsuma’s reflexes that he did not suffer an injury. When Koroko deflected the disk at him, he quickly mimicked his friend’s actions and brought his own sword up using both hands to block the incoming shield. The shield deflected and was now heading directly away from Atsuma toward Baas. Baas had started running just before he launched the shield. In the half a second that it ricocheted back to him, he had made it half way to Atsuma. This had all been a part of his plan. As his feet moved, Baas stretched out his right arm as though he were reaching for the shield that was soaring his way. The shield slid on Baas’ arm perfectly and the weight made his body spin as he was running. Baas knew that would happen and he used the spin to his advantage. He prepared his sword as he spun and attacked the now in range Atsuma with a horizontal slash. Atsuma had had to deflect the shield, thus when he suddenly saw Baas directly in front of him, his sword was not in a good enough range to block the attack. He gasped as he suddenly saw Baas in front of him. Baas felt that he had this, Atsuma would fall. And Atsuma would have fallen, had he been some lesser fighter. But, with seeing Baas, he instinctively lifted his right leg with his knee up high. The knee met Baas’ hand, not his sword. Baas screamed. Part from pain, another part from not expecting the counter. Atsuma shifted his hips to push Baas’ sword hand away. He then brought his left hand down for a vertical slice on Baas. Baas’ left side had been pushed away, thus his right side came forward. Baas realized this and shifted his shoulder so that the shield on it blocked Atsuma’s attack. Atsuma saw the block coming and, at the last second, increased the force on his sword so it would not bounce. The result led to the sword and shield pressing up against each other with Baas and Atsuma struggling to push the other.

After Baas had told her to duck, Vatti had realized the advantage he had given her with Koroko. She quickly tried to attack him with a stab. Koroko, however, saw it in time to dodge. Because of the momentum, Vatti’s body also flew past him. She quickly rebounded and spun for a horizontal attack. Koroko leaned back to have the sword fly over his stomach. Vatti continued with a multiple of slices, all of which Koroko dodged easily. His speed had changed from a second ago. Vatti looked and saw the smirk on his face. This made her angry, and she charged in for another stab. Koroko dodge the attack again, but this time, he popped Vatti lightly on the back of the head using his free left hand. Vatti turned around with one hand rubbing the back of her head. Koroko laughed. Vatti couldn’t believe it! He was mocking her!

Koroko stuck his hand out to Vatti and moved it as though to say. "Come and get me." Vatti clutched her sword, only for a few seconds though. After those few seconds were up though, she smirked at Koroko.

"Okay then..." she said under her breath. She then charged at Koroko, her sword low signaling a diagonal slice. Koroko widened his stance. He wanted to time the attack just right so he could mess with Vatti some more. That’s what Vatti had hoped. She suddenly let her legs fall and she slid toward Koroko. With his wide stance she was able to go under his legs with ease. As she slowed to a stop, her sword was the only thing under Koroko’s legs. She quickly brought it up. Koroko, fearing the worst, quickly lifted his right leg. His leg moved slightly faster than the swords and he was able to bring it over the sword before the sword could make contact with anything.

Vatti quickly stood up. At the same time, Koroko quickly turned around to face her. He gave her a look of disbelief at the move he had just seen.

"Wow," he said. "You are evil."

Vatti tilted her head as if to suggest that what he said might be true.

"In that case," Koroko said. He tossed his sword lightly only to re-catch it. "I must purge the world of your evilness!"
He then approached to attack Vatti with a vertical slice. His speed was too fast for Vatti to make out. The sword was going to hit her. Suddenly, without either of the two seeing him, Baas came in directly from Koroko’s right. Without stopping, he blocked the vertical slice by holding his sword up to it with his right hand. Though hard to see, Baas had twisted in the air to send Koroko’s attack back up. He then continued on his journey falling to the ground. Vatti was prepared to attack. With Koroko now open and stunned, she could take him out. Her sword came up toward his chest as though upper cutting him. It did not reach his chest though, as a curved sword directed the attack away. Atsuma, who had been chasing Baas, came in between the two and with one arm, and without looking away, he knocked Vatti’s sword up. He then continued toward Baas. Baas scurried off the ground to continue running. Atsuma called back to Koroko as he ran.

"You should be more careful!"

"I know you’re not talking!" Koroko called back. "You need to keep tabs on your opponent. That’s the only reason I haven’t won yet."

Atsuma smirked. There was no way Baas was getting away from him. Baas, himself, hadn’t intended to. He quickly stopped short and bounced back at Atsuma. Atsuma, somewhat shocked, stopped in his tracks. Baas attacked with a really fast horizontal slice. Atsuma bent his back to have the sword just barely go over his chest. Atsuma still couldn’t believe how fast Baas had gotten. But speed wasn’t the only thing that it required to win a battle. Atsuma stood up and smirked at Baas.

"Got a little faster I see." He said to the intense looking Baas. "Well then... lets see if you can dodge THESE!"

Atsuma then came at Baas with an arsenal of slices. Baas dodged and blocked with his sword. That is not what Atsuma had been waiting for. He brought his attack from his upper left. Baas dodged it. Still not it. Again, Atsuma came from the upper left. Baas spun on his right leg to bring his sword forward and block it. Again not what Atsuma had been looking for. Once more. Atsuma attacked with a barrage this time to throw off Baas’ timing. Then, he came in from the upper right. Baas spun his body to have his shield fly in front to block the attack. That’s what Atsuma had been waiting for. As his sword came down from the upper right, he brought his knee up from the lower left. Baas was too busy noticing the sword above to notice the knee below. The shield blocked the attack and a sword blocked the knee. But it wasn’t Baas’ sword. Both Baas and Atsuma looked down to see Vatti holding her flat sword against Atsuma’s knee. Because it had hit the flat part, Atsuma’s knee had avoided the blade of the sword.

"You moron." Vatti said to Baas. "Watch your openings!"

"Believe it or not I saw that coming oh master of seeing obvious attacks."

"Right," Vatti said rolling her eyes.

The comments peaked Atsuma’s curiosity. They sounded familiar to how he and Koroko spoke to each other. Speaking of Koroko, he was headed directly toward the action. Baas was free to confront him, and so he did. Their swords collided close to where Vatti and Atsuma had clashed. Koroko pushed through Baas’ attack, Atsuma pushed his leg make Vatti jump back. Baas and Vatti landed back to back against each other.

Atsuma and Koroko circled the two as though they were prey. Atsuma was the first to strike, as he came in for Baas lower left hip. Baas blocked it with his sword with out changing his stance. This left his right hip open, which Koroko tried to exploit. Vatti turned to her left, without moving her stance, and blocked Koroko’s attack. And thus it continued like that. Atsuma and Koroko attacking with Baas and Vatti blocking. Finally, Atsuma and Koroko let up to step aside. Baas and Vatti, pointed their swords toward the other two; keeping them close to their faces as though posing. They then slowly spread away from each other. Once a couple feet apart, it was clear that Baas would be going after Atsuma and Vatti after Koroko.

Baas glanced over at Vatti, all the while keeping his stance. Her stance looked familiar to him. Was she going to...? She was! She was preparing for the curved attack! Baas thought about what would happen next. That move would actually give Vatti the edge. With Koroko’s fighting instinct, he would fall for the fake mess up that Vatti was about to do and Vatti would be able to sink her sword into him! Then... then... wait a second. Then Koroko would be dead. That wasn’t what Baas wanted. Not at all!

Vatti approached Koroko and brought her sword low. Real low. So low, that Koroko assumed that the sword would hit the dirt and came in with an attack from up high. That is just what Vatti had been looking for. She brought kept her sword moving. Koroko was wide open. All she had to do was not trip up, and this big guy would fall.

Suddenly, a foot stepped on Vatti’s sword and pushed it into the ground. It was Baas’. He stepped on Vatti’s sword and, with it in a now ramp like position, jumped off it and kneed Koroko in the face. Koroko landed on his back and rubbed his chin from the pain he received. But that was not on the forefront of his mind. In fact, he, Atsuma and Vatti were all pondering something similar. Baas’ speed had just increased incredibly to get from in front of Atsuma to in between Vatti and Koroko.

Atsuma was flabbergasted. The speed he just witnessed was not possible for many, let alone someone like Baas.

Vatti wasn’t sure what to do. For one thing, she was shocked at the astounding speed of Baas’ attack. Then, there was the anger she received from Baas interfering with her clear victory. Of course, that might not have been his fault as it was a clever move.

Koroko stood up and re-readied his fighting stance. The speed that Baas moved had indeed shocked him, but he was never too astounded to give up on a fight.

Atsuma moved close to Koroko and readied his fighting stance. Baas moved back to where Vatti was. But now his brain was beginning to get confused. He had engaged in this fight because he didn’t want to see Vatti die. Now, he was also in the midst of protecting Koroko. What was the point of all this fighting? Baas was trying to fight to protect lives but in doing so, he was endangering his them. What would he do? Would he jump in and save Koroko again if he was in trouble? Would he continue to save Vatti as well? One thing was for sure, everyone else was still amped up for fighting and he still needed to be on his guard. The last time he dropped it because he was confused, he lost the fight and everyone around him had to pay for it.

The two young friends backed away from the older ones. Baas could see that Vatti was getting tired. She was breathing heavily. Usually she could last quite a while in a fight, but with such tough opponents and such close calls, she had to have been exasperated. Baas knew where this would lead. No matter who won, the next collision of the fighters would be the last.

As the fighters faced each other, once again the atmosphere grew intense. They were waiting and waiting for the correct moment to strike. As they waited, the fighters were instinctively getting farther and farther from each other.

Then, suddenly, the waiting was over. All four charged in, prepared to attack intensively. As they charged, the adrenaline got to them, and they all let out screams.

"YAAAAAH!!!"

"STOOOOOPPPP!!!" came two voices. Then, two females ran in between the fighters, one facing toward Koroko and Atsuma, while the other was facing towards Vatti and Baas. This appearance made everyone stop in their tracks. For soaking wet in front of them with their arms held out to their sides were Pandora and Sheina.

"Atsuma." Pandora demanded. "You have to stop this! It’s just a misunderstanding."

Atsuma raised an eyebrow. There were few voices that could make him second guess what he was doing in the middle of a ight. Pandora had one of those voices.

Sheina was also doing her best to convince her friends to stop.
"Baas, why must you resort to fighting so much?"

"But Sheina…" Baas started.

"Sheina?" Vatti asked. She then looked at the girl in front of her and a smile came across her face. "Oh my goodness, SHEINA!!! I can’t believe I didn’t recognize you!"

"It’s nice to see you too Vatti." Sheina said. "But listen, you’ve got to stop fighting."

"Ats," Pandora continued. "If you just let Baas explain the situation, you’ll understand why he’s doing all this."

Atsuma and Koroko looked at Pandora. There was no reason to doubt her word. They began to calm down and lose their defense. Koroko then began to speak. "I don’t know Atsuma. She’s more evil than those two combined.” He joked. “I think we should switch from fighting them to-"

Just then, Koroko’s words were silenced. For in front of Baas, there was an arrow. It had just suddenly been shot in front of him and was now sticking out the dirt. Someone had shot it from the inside the woods.

For a second, everyone was confused. Then, they quickly tried to prepare themselves for battle, but it was too late. Emerging from the woods came several lightly colored dressed Fars all pointing their bows at the fighters. They all had on Gold bands and they were all screaming at the Oranges and the Blue.

"Drop your weapons now!"
"Drop it!"
"Don’t move!"
"Put your weapons on the ground NOW!"

There was no chance of fighting back. Everyone put their hands in the air to show a sign of surrender. Those whom had had weapons in their hands now had them on the floor. The shouting continued as orders were being demanded. In all the confusion though, everyone could make out what was going on. The Golds had captured the group of fighters.

Chapter 64 End

Last edited:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Another great chapter RP, I am glad you finally posted it. I found myself laughing when Sheina and Pandora were talking and I was really entertained by your fighting scene which once again, you nailed perfectly. Hope you keep writing; can't wait for next chapter.:yes:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, THAT was certainly unexpected... he turned on his own teammates, but didn't let Vatti kill them either. The Golds have now captured all of them, however. I think it's a good thing that Pandora and Sheina stepped in when they did, and that the Golds came in when they did. This means they now won't have time to worry about killing one another... they're having to deal with the reality of being captured. This means no one is going to die by the hand of a friend for now, at least.

I really think you're getting better at these unexpected twists. You're avoiding a lot of the typical scenarios and stereotypes.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
See what happens when I push past a long chapters. The others just start flowing out.

Chapter 65 : Gold Prisoners
"Panda..."

"Don’t say it Koroko."

"But I must Panda."

"No, you must not-"

"Aren’t you suppose to be-"

"Stop it."

"-the one looking out for the enemy. How could you let this happen?"

The truth was, because of her Far eyes, Pandora was indeed supposed to warn the others when the approaching enemy came. However, her eyes had been a little preoccupied at the time when the members of her team had been trying to kill each other.

"Quiet!" A voice screamed from inside of the woods. After that, the man who had made the scream emerged from the shadows. He wore all gold, including his band. As he came in front of the now bounded group of fighters, the feeling of familiarity came over Baas. Hey had seen this man before.

"No more talking and put your weapons on the floor." The Gold ordered.

"We already did that, genius." Atsuma said in an upset manner. "What the point in telling us to put down our weapons. Plus, you’ve bounded us. How counld we possibly even have weapons?"

"He’s got a point Dolg." said another Gold emerging from the shadows of the woods. He had on some fancy blue clothes which again, Baas found familiar.

"Telling them to do things that they’ve already done is a waist of breath." The man’s familiar voice seemed to hold little emotion, as though he only spoke logic.

"Zordo’s right about Atsuma being right." came a third voice. This time a female emerged from the darkness with a smirk on her face. A mesh of shiny looking white and silver clothes surrounded her. She also wielded a long sword a bow and a quiver full of arrows. Not to mention her sword that match the ones that the other two had. "Wow, to be out talked by an Orange…"

"I don’t want to here it from you Magatha. You’re the one that missed that easy shot. You were suppose to kill the boy, not surprise."

Magatha shrugged, keeping her smirk. "Hey, don’t blame me. This one’s sword knocked my bow at the last second." She was pointing to Zordo.

"Indeed." Zordo said. "My apologies."

Now Baas remembered. These guys were-

"The Great One Dolg and his two followers Magatha and Zordo." Atsuma said with a smirk on his face. The three turned and looked at Atsuma as though posing. Dolg then got a huge grin and walked up to the Orange Leader.

"Ah, I see our reputation precedes us."

"Not really." Atsuma said with a light grin. "But my team saw you some time ago. I was trying to remember who was barking out those annoying yells like some kind of stupid animal. Then I heard you do it again, and I remembered!"

*POW*

Atsuma received a punch in the face.

"Really Dolg," Magatha said crossing her arms. "Are you really gonna let this Orange get under your skin?"

"Hardly worth hitting if you ask me." Zordo said. "We’ve already captured them. If you respond to their replies, that just makes you more like a Blue."

"And what is that suppose to mean?" Vatti said sternly.

Magatha looked over at Vatti and smiled a smirk smile. She then slowly walked over to her and, because she was taller, bent down to speak.
"It means, little girl, that we don’t want to be like your people."

Vatti gritted her teeth and growled a little.

"But you I guess that’s a little harsh on our part." Magatha continued, standing up straight and walking away. "I mean after all, they don’t call you guys bluesers simply because it sounds like the word losers…" she then turned only her head to look at Vatti. “Oh wait… yes they do.”

Vatti suddenly jumped forward to tackle the woman in front of her. But before she could get half way, she found herself on the floor. Zordo was on top of her making sure she didn’t get up.

"Really Magatha." He said looking toward his partner. "And you say Dolg does things unnecessarily."
"That’s true, I did. But I never said that I didn’t either." She then stuck her tongue out at Zordo while still keeping her smile.

"You know.”"Atsuma said. "Your teammates are really creepy."

"Yeah." Dolg agreed. "I don’t know why but they… dah… hey, you can’t talk about them like that."

"Baas." Sheina whispered. "What’s gonna happened to us?" After not getting a reply, Sheina turned to look at Baas. He was snickering. "Baas!" She said low getting angry. "How can you laugh at a time like this?"

Baas looked at Sheina while still snickering. "Did you see what that guy did to Vatti. That was so hilarious!"

Sheina couldn’t believe how random Baas was. This was the same guy whom moments ago was throwing a hissy fit over protecting Vatti. Now he was laughing at her pain?

"Excuse me." Koroko said bored looking to one of the Golds.

"What?" the man responded responded.

"I’m hungry, do you guys have anything to eat?"

"Will you all shut up!" Dolg said getting loud. "Geeze, you Oranges are annoying."

"Hey, it’s not our fault you Golds don’t know how to have fun in life." Atsuma said assuredly. Dolg quickly walked over to him and got close to his face.
"Life’s not about having fun all the time. But I guess you guys will have to learn that the hard way once Gold wins the war."

"Pbtsh. Yeah right." Atsuma said rolling his eyes. "As if that would ever happen."

Dolg open his mouth to speak some rash sayings, but Zordo, now off of Vatti and standing to Dolg’s right, put his left hand over Dolg’s mouth. He pulled Dolg back away from Atsuma and spoke while looking down with his eyes closed.

"Perhaps it would be best to not engage and simply take them back to the base."

Dolg gave Zordo a look of disagreement. Zordo returned it with his own look of seriousness. Magatha then walked to Dolg’s left.

"I think Zordo’s right on this one." She said seriously. "The longer we’re out here, the better chance they have of escaping. If an Orange ship happens to pass by, we’ll be in a fix. I don’t have to tell you what will happen if a Blue one does either."

Dolg looked at Magatha in disagreement. Then he looked at the ground as though contemplating the decision. Finally, he shook Zordo’s hand away from his mouth.
“Fine then. Everyone, we’re heading home. Make sure you keep an eye on the prisoners. I’ll be the laughing stock of Wig-Or-Log if anyone finds out that I let the Great One Atsuma and his team escape. And if I’m a laughing stock, then you’ll be something much much worse. Understand!?”

"Yes sir!" The Golds all said at once. They then began marching their captives into the forest. Some pointing their bows at them to keep them from running. Others carrying the weapons the fighters had been holding. Dolg, Zordo and Magath left last, as they tended to do so when they wanted to speak privately.

"Another crisis averted by the great Zordo." Magatha said.

"And what’s that suppose to mean?" Dolg asked.

"Atsuma was getting you riled up. It’s one of his specialties, remember? Had Zordo not intervened, Atsuma would have eventually talked you into doing something you would have regretted."

Dolg stared blankly at Magatha. He then turned to Zordo.
"Is that true Zordo?"

Zordo looked at Dolg, and then turned forward.
"I did what I felt was necessary."

Dolg sighed and shook his head. He hated not getting yes or no responses to yes or no questions, but Zordo tended to do that. He then looked at his two friends and smiled.
"Come on." He began to move faster. "We’re supposed to be leading this march, not holding it up."

Magatha and Zordo did not speed so quickly and thus soon, Dolg was out of hearing range from them.

"Do you think the Commander will ever realize that you’re the only reason Dolg is still alive." Magatha said.

"You shouldn’t underestimate people. Blaming me for Dolg’s success is would not be wise when confronting him in an actual fight."

"True. The guy may be a great Leader, but it’s the little hints you throw in that keeps him that way."

There was a slight pause before Magatha began speaking again.
"I'd say the one I underestimated isn’t Dolg, but you."

"Pardon?"

"You didn’t want to see that boy die, did you? That’s why you ‘accidently’ hit my bow with your sword just before I released the arrow."

"I’m sorry?"

"Hey, I understand. He’s pretty young after all. Probably straight out of the Center. It’s easy for someone to let their emotions get in the way. Still, I didn’t think you would eventually be one of those people. I guess we’ve all got a little Blue in us after all."

"I have no idea what you’re talking about."

Magatha’s voice switched to sarcasm. "Of course you don’t. You, who is actually an expert swordman with great timing, just so happen to ‘accidently’ bump my bow, at the exact moment it would throw off my shot, but still not mess up the plan to capture Atsuma and his team."

"Your words annoy me."

"It’s okay to have a golden heart Zordo. It just means you’re a good guy."

"Interpreting one’s actions should be left to experts. Namely, not you."

"I love how you avoid all my comments by saying weird statements." Magatha replied sarcastically.

"I hate how you force your interpretations to mean things they don’t." Zordo remarked realistically.

"Fine. Deny anything dealing with emotions, as you usually do." Magatha said with a light smile. She began to walk faster to catch up with Dolg. “But know this." She called back to him. "I know your secreeeet."

Zordo did not show much reaction to the comment. He just kept walking, and soon, assumed his place next to Dolg at the front of the group of Golds.

Chapter 65 End​

Last edited:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Great chapter! It really leaves you wondering about Zordo, and what about what they were talking about, is Dolg really not that good by himself? I guess we'll have to wait to find out. Another great chapter RP and I'm happy that you posted it this fast. Keep them coming!

Jedizora

:right:
It really leaves you wondering about Zordo, and what about what they were talking about, is Dolg really not that good by himself?

It did mention that doug was a bit hot headed in the previous chapter. That isn't a great quality for a fighter. Zordo is probly a better sword fighter.(I did give RP the sign up after all!)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Am I spoiled or what?? I read three chapters today! Great job RP. I loved the fighting part with Vatti and Baas against Atsuma and Koroko. I also love the comments between Koroko and Pandora! Great job!

Jedizora

:right:
The man then got close to Souvern. "I guess you don’t know about the Orange man who fights while riding a horse in Orange either. Or the Blue captain that’s been giving all our sailors trouble. You’d probably even make friends with a black band."
I was reveiwing the other chapter with the golds, and I found this. Its that one guy with the horse from the last base, and Vaati, wasn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom