• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Almost Everybody Dissapointed in Twilight Princess?

I loved TP, It was amazing. Then again, i'm not much of a critic, I don't know how to judge games well.

1. Haters gonna hate
2. Items for dungeons like the spinner or the scepter thing were mainly only used in its own temple.

It was waaay too easy. Seriously, I was so excited for that game, it had awesome music, and awesome graphics, and it seemed awesome! Don't get me wrong, I really do love that game, but it was so ridiculously easy that I was extremely disappointed with it. I felt like a 5 year old playing that game, and it irritated me every single time. The dungeons were kind of fun, but they were so routine, and the boss fights were laughable. Some of them were pretty fun to do, like Fyrus and Stallord, but even though they were fun, they still lacked a challenge. The freakiest thing about that game was when that marshmallow lady turns into a demon, but then she just turns into ice>.<
Even the final fight with Ganondorf was far too easy, and I honestly felt cheated at the end...

The story line was extremely confusing the first time I played through it, and it took me about 3 times going through it to even semi-understand what in the actual hell was going on...Something about darkness, and a wolf, and a couple of princesses, one of whom is a little imp thing, and two different main badguys, who aren't actually both main final bosses, etc...
Then the ending was seriously messed up, that was just horrible. I was kinda hoping SOMEBODY would finally admit they're in love with Link, but NO! Let's break the mirror instead DX

Which brings me to Midna. I hated her at first. She was rude and pushy, and I wanted to accidentally push her off of a cliff. Then she grew on me, and he sarcasm was charming. Then, all of a sudden, she's making gay men a little bit straight (true story, I know a guy), and she's all of a sudden proper and formal?! WHHHHAAAAT?! What happened to the cute little imp? Now just cause you're hot means that you're gonna be a proper princess? No. And then she does the whole breaking mirror bit which makes me cry a little still, and yea.

So I loves and hated the game at the same time, yea? XD

The worst thing for me with TP is that I saw the e3 2004 trailer... which was epic!

Then nothing but silence and a lot of wondering if it was gonna be one of the wars in Hyrule or what not, the graphics and locations looked wonderful, then the game came out and almost none of the content from the trailer was present and it didn't even look the same. The graphics were much better in that trailer... TP was and is the most epic Zelda i have played but it lost a lot of that feeling thinking back to the trailer. and a lot of people were there for the ride, maybe that is where the majority of the hate comes from, nintendo promised us something and what we ended up with was a warped version of it.

I still love it though, but for me having to wait almost two years on the back of that trailer is where my disappointment comes from and not with the actually game, i was just expecting something.. else.

Last edited:
I was never dissapointed with Twilight Princess, I loved every moment of the game, but it's not my most favorite Zelda game.

Are you kidding me? I LOVED Twilight Princess! I thought it was a perfect example of how to take an old concept and put it in a modern game. Not to mention I can spend hours riding around on Epona while using a sword! That's just awesome. Not to mention I liked the art style. It was a dark game and therefor needed a grittier art style to fit it. And while on the subject, I might as well say it beats Skyward Sword's art style by a clawshot (See what I did there?)! Twilight Princess was distinct, Wind Waker was distinct, Skyward Sword takes purple and yellow and mixes them into a disgusting shade of grayish-brown. Not to mentiion it is WAY choppier than the past Wii game. And remember, this is coming from somebody who is okay with N64 graphics. However, back on track, if there is one thing I have against Twilight Princess, it's that it's TOO EASY!!! However, it's still a fun game that has kept me interested enough to play through it three times.

I liked TP. I thought it was a really cool idea and all of my friends like it so I don't know who is disappointed in it.

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I don't understand why a lot of fans rag on Twilight Princess a lot, it brings in an entire new possibility of ideas. Twilight Princess rules, and that's that.

I just found it funny that Nintendo promised a lot after such a long wait and in the end of I wasn't really phased. I don't hate it It just wasn't what I was expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom