• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Almost Everybody Dissapointed in Twilight Princess?

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I definably wasn't , but I think that people we're disappointed because 1.) the Wii version didn't have that people expected. 2.) They maybe waited too long to expect like the greatest thing in the world. But still I think Twilight Princess was just awesome!

S

Snowflake

The game in my opinion was and still is a great game, never got around to beat it(due to console issues) but still a great game

I never understood that either! I think that game is awesome, but i do think that the reason people hate on that game was the new motion controls. It could be that the makers of the game focused (at some parts)more on how to make use of the motion controls than on game play or even plot. but i don't agree with that.

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I really liked the game itself. its what i was looking in a zelda game. i actually loved Midna....lol look at my signature:) i love TP and thats about it:yes:

TP consisted of many good or excellent parts which failed to compose a roundup and coherent whole. As one person once called it, TP was fan service. Fans demanded realistic graphics - they get it. Fans liked fishing in the small pond in OoT, so they get a huge pond with different kinds of bait to fish in TP. Fans thought thought the worlds up to now have always been to small, so they get a giant world with nothing in it. And a wolf always looks cool, doesn't it...

The problem is that you can't build an uber car mixing up parts of a Ferrari, Mercedes and a Bentley. Whenever there is no underlying formula or goal, the product can only be messed up. And that was the case with TP. I still think it is one of the better games and I just loved that it was quite extensive which is the best a Zelda fan can wish for, that a game never ends! I also think that we need at least as many creepy or dark Zelda games as we need, let's say, more child-friendly games such Wind waker, Skywards Sword or most of the handhelds. Yes, I mean mostly in terms of graphics but also the content of those games is imho often much more apt for a younger audience than TP or MM. That's why I deeply hope that the next Zelda game will be pretty close to the tech Demo of the Wii-U in graphics and storyline!

I was disappointed. I don't know if it's just me but that game seemed easier and streamlined. I didn't like Zelda or Midna either, and I didn't like being the wolf until you got the ability to turn into a wolf whenever. I didn't like how I had to earn that from the game, and it's not even fun. The whole experience of being a wolf made it feel less like Zelda, and I know in MM you changed form too but they were all humanoids and our favorite races. It's cool that he's a wolf cuz it represents courage and what not, but I just didn't enjoy it. Felt weird. Not to mention Ganon's randomness poppin in. if they were gonna include him they shoulda had just him the whole time and I would have been okay with that. Yah it's not original, but its good. Him poppin out of nowhere is just ridiculous honestly.

D

Darklink517

Basically Everyone Thought Tp For Wii Was Gonna Be Like Skyward Sword Like The Motion Controls And EVERYTHING Overall Though Twilight Princess was Great I EnJoy Doiny My <3<3<3 Run On It

I was disappointed. I don't know if it's just me but that game seemed easier and streamlined. I didn't like Zelda or Midna either, and I didn't like being the wolf until you got the ability to turn into a wolf whenever. I didn't like how I had to earn that from the game, and it's not even fun. The whole experience of being a wolf made it feel less like Zelda, and I know in MM you changed form too but they were all humanoids and our favorite races. It's cool that he's a wolf cuz it represents courage and what not, but I just didn't enjoy it. Felt weird. Not to mention Ganon's randomness poppin in. if they were gonna include him they shoulda had just him the whole time and I would have been okay with that. Yah it's not original, but its good. Him poppin out of nowhere is just ridiculous honestly.

I can understand now why some were disappointed and the flaws are just obvious to me then they were years ago. I was questioning whether I should move The Wind Waker up on my favorite list and put TP below TWW. I'm starting to prefer TWW over TP as of late because of the story and the way the game progressed for this new Link. I mean sure TP had the player turn into a wolf, a darker storyline compared to TWW, and interesting weapons/tools (Ball and Chain FTW) but overall TWW was better in several areas. I think some of things that were flaws besides Gannodorf appearing out of no where was how some weapons/tools become useless like the Slingshot, Domino Rod, and Spinner. Then there is some of the landscapes being such a waste like in Snowpeak or Hyrule field being empty and barren (seriously just enemies, golden bugs, heart pieces, and hidden caves and grottoes?). How about the fact Nintendo wasted a great opportunity of making a new main antagonist with Zant but had to throw in Gannondorf for some odd reason like they didn't trust a new character and had to rehash the same one from ALTTP and OOT. Once I watched the scenes where Zant acted like a five year old and did the same with the way he fights. I just couldn't help but feel disappointed now when the guy acted so badass in the beginning and now he's a bad guy with a five year old mindset. I still consider TP to be one of my favorite Zelda games and I really did enjoy it but I think its Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion of the series because of the way they designed the game.

i love the game and all but it was too easy if they made it harded and the dog parts more cooler then people would love this game alot more
:triforce:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. 5 HEART PEICES, WTF!
2. epona wrangling?
3. wheres mah fire arrowz?
4. TEARS OF FREIKIN LIGHT!
5. epona was useless.
6. carrige mission sucked on gc.
7. Oot on sleeping pills.
8. hey wheres the dificulty settings?
9. over hyped!
10. MIDNA!
11. oh mah gawsh 11 already?!
12. CITY IN THE GAWSH DARNED SHKY!
13. oh hello over 9000 collection quests.
14. hey link the gamecube cant do hd!
1) Yeah, it was sort of a weird twist, but not that big of a deal.
2) What's wrong with that?
3) Or better yet, where in the ****sicles is the Magic Meter on the back of the boxart?!
4) I agree.
5) I dunno.
6) I dunno what you're talking about there. I mean, it's your opinion, but...
7) Yeah, it was a truly toned down version of OoT in all respects; Nintendo could've improved.
8) We don't know this one, maybe Nintendo planned to do it later on but totally forgot when they figured they could release a motion console called Revolution?
9) I KNOW RIGHT? I myself overhyped it and thought it would be the best game ever...
10) She was such an awful character...I hate her guts and Nintendo better NOT make another one of her again. EVER.
11) I don't understand that one.
12) It wasn't THAT annoying..
13) You mean over 2 collection quests? TP had nothing to do >.>'
14) Nothing wrong with HD/SD graphics. They're just a display type, lol.

E

Estalphos

hahaha everyone complains about everything, i personally like TP a lot, mayorly because of Midna.

MW7

All I wanted was nonlinearity and the game didn't have it. It's that simple. All they had to do was let you shuffle the order to the dungeons a little or give you more options within the dungeons themselves and the game would have at least equalled OOT in my eyes. I didn't like the tears of light quests also but those didn't bother me nearly as much.

I actually loved Twilight Princess as well. No, it wasn't my favorite, but the graphics were quite well and they characters were interesting and quirky like they are in all of the different games. ^_^ It was an amazing game to play through. I have completed it like 4 times now lol.

Because they made the slingshot TOTALLY USELESS!
I personally think that you get extra ammo with the slingshot so it isn't useless. if you run out of arrows, you can use the slingshot.

Last edited:
I actually find TP good too, but it was too easy. But I liked the story, it looked great and the minigames and music were the best ever. The only point is that there wasn't enough "new" in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom