• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Almost Everybody Dissapointed in Twilight Princess?

M

mindavsnavi

I loved TP the only problem was the sidequests and ganondorf was NOT introduced at the end there was still three more dungeons

I really don't want to go into full detail because I already explained it in an old thread but lets just say the game was overhyped. People thought it was going to be the best Zelda game ever made.Check out the video below me and you'll see.
[video=youtube;zwMdcESljqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg[/video]

Last edited:

Adam

Undefeated
i personally love the game! but i only love it because it's zelda. i'm not totally convinced if would have been a good game on its own. it was too vast and too short in my opinion and i believe most people feel this way. the general expectations weren't met creating a mob-like hate towards the game. does that make sense?

i think it biggest mistake was to put in trailer things that didn`t happen in the game

that must be why we heard akmost nothing about SS until last E3

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I really don't want to go into full detail because I already explained it in an old thread but lets just say the game was overhyped. People thought it was going to be the best Zelda game ever made.Check out the video below me and you'll see.

I personally feel that the game fully lived up to the hype. I really can't see how people don't like this game. It is one of the best Zelda games ever made, and will remain so for a very long time. I think this video accurately depicts the "epicness" of the actual game. Maybe I'm in a minority of opinion, but I thought TP was truly fantastic.

your sure?

where the massive wars?
where the hard and creepy ghoma boss fight?
where the moblins?
where the huge forest?

the trailer promised us a lot of things that we didn`t have and thats why we were dissapoints

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master

I don't completely understand why people always bring out the "overhyped" card. Sure there was a lot of hype. It had a lot to live up to.
But it wasn't a bad game because people expected to much from it and got less, it's because it just wasn't a brand new Zelda game with new gameplay improvements and a fresh take on the series. Instead, it was a game that tried to be like OOT and failed because of that. Despite what you may think of Wind Waker, you still can't deny that it at least tried it's best to innovate and bring the series forward. Twilight Princess didn't.

I don't completely understand why people always bring out the "overhyped" card. Sure there was a lot of hype. It had a lot to live up to.
But it wasn't a bad game because people expected to much from it and got less, it's because it just wasn't a brand new Zelda game with new gameplay improvements and a fresh take on the series. Instead, it was a game that tried to be like OOT and failed because of that. Despite what you may think of Wind Waker, you still can't deny that it at least tried it's best to innovate and bring the series forward. Twilight Princess didn't.
People thought it was going to be the best Zelda game ever made, though when they played it they expected more. Like I said in my other post, I can list a lot of reasons why people didn't like TP though I don't feel like typing it up. The game being overhyped was one of the reasons. I can also defend the game since I do think it is a very, very good game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
1. It didn't live up to it's "Shield's will shatter" and "Swords will bleed" hype
2. Ganondorf was thrown in for no apparent reason than "He is Ganondorf" and we needed to be told that he was a bad guy and couldn't just see it like we did in OoT..
3. Zant was thrown out the window.. After 100% energy in chasing Zant, He gets pushed aside and Ganondorf takes his spotlight.. -.-
4. And there was just pointless parts that were made solely to make the game longer, And yes I'm talking about Temple of Time and the annoying Statue quest afterwards..

I like the game, I really do but it could've been so much more..:dry:

Vibed

must read before he posts
I'll keep this short. For me, the main dissappointments were:

1. It wasn't too much like the trailers. All of the things in those looked cool, but I think what struck a chord with me was the orchestrated music, which never came around in the final game. The MIDI quality they used was crap on top of that.

2. It ended up being too much of the same. The game makes it painfully obvious with how much it hearkens back to OoT, story, puzzles, events, and all. Things started to get boring.

3. Many key events were just not fun. The first thing that comes to mind is the Twilight Realm bug collecting.

It's a great game, but after all the other Zeldas, it's just boringly stale.

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I love Twilight Princess! I thought that game was pretty epic if you ask me. The only thing I really didn't like in the game was where you get the Vessel of Light and collect all of those bugs! Especially the last time you collect them because they were spread far away from each other so it got a little annoying. But otherwise, Twilight princess was an awesome game!

I love the one guy crying in amazement in the crowd. :P

Consider this: Those who didn't like TP usually tend to cry the loudest than those who enjoyed it. Actually, I think that goes for any game.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
umm the game was... well... umm... here ill just make a list of the good and the bad;

good;
1. good story with interesting events.
2. naming epona was cool, i guess.
3. epic sauce sword upgrade, seriously it did like triple damage.
4. WOLF.
5. hmm big bosses, i guess.

bad;
1. 5 HEART PEICES, WTF!
2. epona wrangling?
3. wheres mah fire arrowz?
4. TEARS OF FREIKIN LIGHT!
5. epona was useless.
6. carrige mission sucked on gc.
7. Oot on sleeping pills.
8. hey wheres the dificulty settings?
9. over hyped!
10. MIDNA!
11. oh mah gawsh 11 already?!
12. CITY IN THE GAWSH DARNED SHKY!
13. oh hello over 9000 collection quests.
14. hey link the gamecube cant do hd!

funny;
1. gorons have steel nipples
2. oh hai lantern guy.

to be honest i liked the game it was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom