• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why TPHD?

OoT3d was commissioned off a whim, for a sales boost essentially; the idea, at the time, was that it was an isolated incident, not the start of a chain of remakes.

WWHD was developed for a few reasons, but primarily because the Zelda team was inspired by its visuals when put into HD. If there was any possibility of a remake, that was it; now that possibility is gone.

MM3d was solely due to popular demand, which was immense even at the release of OoT3d. Any personal motivations by Aonouma, or sales boosts, was an afterthought.

Of course, the word on the street now is TPHD; and although I want it as much as anyone, I'm left wondering why Nintendo would really be motivated to make it a reality. Yes, it makes sense from a player's perspective (next in the logical sequence of remakes, plus it'll hit 10 years in a year and a half), but from a logistics standpoint, if they wanted it out before Zelda U (which would be the goal), they'd have to have started already, possibly have started as far back as a year ago when popular demand for the game was next to nothing; and beyond that, there's simply no reason for them to remake it. Neither Aonouma nor Miyamoto have spoken about it, or really expressed any desire in it, for that matter.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Hd remakes are just kind of the popular thing to do right now and Nintendo is joining in. Given capcom and some others having a large stock of fantastic games but can't seem to come up with much new good games. They decided to give their old games a bit of a better look to get some easy money. I don't mind this at all since I get my collection of Dmc I'm happy about. Still want an Hd remake of the legends series since that way they can cut out all the lil problems that are stopping them from putting it on psn.

But I admit I do not understand hd Twilight princess. Sure it did great and all and unless they add so much content it blows my mind I'm not rebuying it when I can play the wii version on my wii u. For the other three i understood since you might not be able to get the games easily or have the hardware to play it. Sure the wii has the n64 games. But I was happy with the 3ds touch up and the little differences they gave you. Minus the zora swim eating magic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The only thing a TPHD would fix is the ugly colors (hopefully), but it wouldn't be any less of a bad game, so I want anything to do with it about 100000000 feet away from me. I think people are just driven by hype and nostalgia at this point, kind of like how people are always begging for the next Pokemon remake.

I think there is good reason to dismiss this rumor as bogus. There have been three Zelda remakes in the past four years. And as the OP mentions, there were good reasons for those remakes. Twilight Princess isn't particularly old. The Wii version can be played on the Wii U through backwards compatibility. Yes, the game's visuals are a bit grainy and pixelated by today's standards, but they're not terrible either. A TP remake next generation is much more likely.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Too early in my opinion.

I love Twilight Princess and I think it's the pinnacle of the series, but there needs to be a reason for remakes. Wherever it be availability of a game (hard to get ahold of), to reintroduce it to a new crowd, or to make significant improvements. TP is still very much available and will probably be available digitally inure Wii U soon. I don't exactly think it needs to be reintroduced to a specific crowd like OoT3D was.

I guess the only argument is that technically it's 2 generations and near a decade old. However I think it still holds up extremely well graphically, gameplay wise and control wise; it's still very much player friendly. I certainly wouldn't want to see it on the mediocre 3DS screen downsized and non-hd. I guess the Wii U would be better, but I'd love to see it on a console as powerful a the PS4 or the Xbox One.

Short answer: give it 2-3 more years.

Aewon

Emperor of the Flesh-Eating Replicators
Because the NX needs a decent launch title.

D

Deleted member 14134

I feel like a TP remake would be too soon. Like JC said the game still seems easily available and hasn't been out for that long. If Nintendo is following this trend does that mean we'll also see a HD SS remake to despite it being released less than half a decade ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom