• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why This Stereotype?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I personally don't believe that stereotype, even though my brother is a prime example of it (all he does is play Call of Duty)... It's probably just because this is the internet, and most people are jerks on the internet.

Honestly, I personally don't like those games, but it's because they aren't my thing. I just don't like guns. Some of my friends in school play those games, though, and they're perfectly normal (well, sort of) individuals. When it comes to the game consoles themselves, I don't have them, nor want them, simply because you cant play Zelda games on them. I have nothing against Sony or Microsoft, or the consoles, or the games. They simply aren't my thing.

I can't speak for everyone, though... Like I said, my brother IS that stereotype. And I have seen quite a few people on this site who believe that stereotype. From what I've seen most of it is because of personal experience. I really wouldn't know too much about their reasons, though.

shaymin1

Derp.
I don`t believe this stereotype (to an extent).
There are quite a few good games on the PS3 and XBox 360 but the thing is, most of them get overshadowed by shooters.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
nareky said:
Anyone who says that is just a Nintendo fan(boy)

^ yes. I love them all. I like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. I own a Wii and a X360 (I play my cousin's PS3), and they're all good consoles. People play Xbox 360 and PS3 because they both have great games and provide great gaming experiences. That's all.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
People who say crap like that are simply ignorant. I have an X-box 360 myself and I've never played "mindless games" or "Blown up things" on it. COD is about as far from my type of game as they come. My favorite games to play on the x-box are the Fable games (the original, which was released on the original x-box may be the very best one in the series, but I still really enjoy playing the sequels which were made for the 360), which at least to a degree can be considered similar to Zelda.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I believe this point came up a long while ago.

Whether you believe the stereotype or not, the reason why it exists on this site is primarily due to it being a Nintendo based fandom site. People get defensive by attacking first it would seem.

Because it's true.

No, really, stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. First off, I seriously doubt people who believe in the stereotype think that every single player is that way. Also, people don't just label stereotypes for fun. The fact remains that a substantial amount of 360/PS3 from children to young adults are indeed mindless CoD/OMGSH00TERSANDGORELOLOL drones. Now, does this mean that every Xbox/PS3 user is a representative of this stereotype? Aboslutely not. There are always exceptions to stereotypical labeling whether it be the minority or majority of the population. There are many, many, many, players on these systems that don't play those types of games, however, there are a considerable amount of people who do apply to the Call of Duty stereotype so it would pretty much be blind ignorance to deny the existence and/or severity of this faction of players.

Butt hurt Nintendo Wii fans is your answer, usually people who look at the third party line ups on Nintendo Wii and realize there's not much to look forward to, so they bash other consoles.
Granted I love my Wii, it actually has sentimental value which is why I'm keeping it around.
Also I don't see what's wrong with the stereotype of blowing stuff up, I wear it proudly, being a gaming snob must be boring.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Butthurt Nintendo Wii fans is your answer, usually people who look at the third party line ups on Nintendo Wii and realize there's not much to look forward to, so they bash other consoles.
Also I don't see what's wrong with the stereotype of blowing stuff up, I wear it proudly, being a gaming snob must be boring.

This.

The PS3 and 360 DO have great games, aI don't know where the notion that they don't came from. I mean, if they didn't, why would they still exist? Why would MILLIONS of people buy CoD MW3 on launch? Why does HALO exist? What about Resident Evil, and more recently, Final Fantasy? Surely if those series sucked they would be dead.

Just because it isn't all kid-friendly and fantasy like does not mean it's bad. I don't think that the general NINTENDO fanboy came up with this stereotype, just the Wii sector due to the sheer amount of "kiddie" games released on the system in comparison tot he "adult" games. Zelda isn't the future of gaming, ESPECIALLY considering how many people still do not know the difference between ZELDA and LINK. Zelda isn't the best of gaming, either, no matter what your preferences may be.

Meh, it's probably a Nintendo fanboy's response to the cracks about the technological inferiority of the Wii compared to the PS3 or 360. I don't really think that sort of thing matters too much as long as the games are good, and each system definitely has good games. *sings* Why can't weeee bee friends? Why can't wee be friends?

I've never heard that stereotype before...but I own an Xbox 360 and love it....and I have never ever played COD before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom