• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why This Game Might Be My Dream Wish.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Ever since Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask,Zelda Games have been getting more and more linear,Skyward Sword will fix this.This element of true Bare-Bones Zelda will come into play with the dungeons.Exploration was a crucial element of the Legend of Zelda for the NES And since Skyward Sword has this "Interlinked" overworld where it blurs the lines between dungeons and the overworld,you must search for where this next dungeon is( It might hold your hand for the first few but then lets it go after like the second dungeon) using the skill of exploration.I think another thing that need to be sorted out though is the shopping system,needs to be important as like in the first game,not mandatory but EXTREMELY Helpful.Also,difficulty(should have a hard and easy mode,hard being unlocked after the game becomes completed) Sooooo if you get what im saying.....I sorta want SS To be like LoZ Or even AoL......Speaking of which,I think that LoZ Should be REMADE WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND STUFF(That's not relevant to this thread but I had to get it out)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah I hope that the game really does whast the developers say it will. I hope that the dungeon-field thing isn't too stressed, I still want my basic 'Hyrule Field' to be completely apart from 'Temple of [Element]', also towns need to be, y'know, filled with life. That would be a nice thing to have.

I so agree with you about shops, back in LoZ you could get all sorts of things that were EXTREMELY useful, but no other game really does that with their shops. If SS did that, it could be the new OoT.

Last edited:
Yes!

Ever since Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask,Zelda Games have been getting more and more linear,Skyward Sword will fix this.This element of true Bare-Bones Zelda will come into play with the dungeons.Exploration was a crucial element of the Legend of Zelda for the NES And since Skyward Sword has this "Interlinked" overworld where it blurs the lines between dungeons and the overworld,you must search for where this next dungeon is( It might hold your hand for the first few but then lets it go after like the second dungeon) using the skill of exploration.I think another thing that need to be sorted out though is the shopping system,needs to be important as like in the first game,not mandatory but EXTREMELY Helpful.Also,difficulty(should have a hard and easy mode,hard being unlocked after the game becomes completed) Sooooo if you get what im saying.....I sorta want SS To be like LoZ Or even AoL......Speaking of which,I think that LoZ Should be REMADE WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND STUFF(That's not relevant to this thread but I had to get it out)

Yes, Skyward Sword will be the beginning of a Renaissance of classic goodness!

Ganondork

goo
You know, when I first heard that the overworld and the dungeons were interlinked, I was actually kind of afraid. What I like to do is to complete a dungeon and then stroll through Hyrule trying to find every heart piece/rupee I can with this new item. I'm still kind of afraid I might miss things since I might accidentally stumble into the dungeon itself before I'm thoroughly pleased with my results in the overworld.

I do like the shopping idea, and they haven't done a "pay me rupees and I'll make it worth your while"-type deal for a while. Such a thing was actually nice, and it made rupees more valuable. If there were more maps and such to be bought - even if they're small maps like treasure maps; like the Wind Waker - then I'd feel a greater need to actually cut down all the grass I see to get rupees.

I don't agree with the difficulty mode though. I think that Zelda should be done on a single difficulty. Zelda does a sufficient job at teaching us the guidelines of each item or any other useful thing. They don't have to give beginners a help, because that means they either have to tone down enemy difficulty, or puzzles themselves. That makes Nintendo have to make two different versions, which wouldn't be a good thing.

I'd like it to be slightly like Legend of Zelda or Adventure of Link, but not as difficult as Adventure of Link. Although, I've heard that each enemy deals at least one heart of damage, so that will lead to a higher death count in a first play through.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I like where you're heading with this. I do like the fact that Skyward Sword won't be linear, and the fact that it isn't makes me really excited. But this also frightens me a little. I mean, there are instances where I like to just look around towns, fields, etc. looking for secrets, as Ganondork said. What if I stumbled upon the dungeon without knowing it? But honestly, I think that, even though Nintendo said they'd be blurring the line between field and dungeon, that we'll still be able to tell if it's a dungeon.

One good example I think of when I think about stumbling upon dungeons is in Ocarina of Time. The Forest Temple, Ice Cavern, and Water Temple can be seen as a child. When I first played, I was curious as to what these "mysterious looking entries" were. Well, I soon came to find out they were dungeons, and it added a sense of curiosity to the adventure. I think Skyward Sword will do just that, leave you wondering about things you've seen before/earlier in your quest.

Anyway, back on topic, they said that Rupees would be used better in this game, in a sense that you aren't left with tons of Rupees, there's always stuff to buy. I think that's what you're trying to get at, though I'm not sure.

Difficulty Mode isn't really needed for a series like Zelda. I mean, all types of people play Zelda games, and having just one difficulty won't intimidate some players. And also, people interpret and play games differently, so what's hard for me wouldn't necessarily be hard to you. Difficult Mode's a cool idea, it's just it doesn't really fit into a series like Zelda.

Skyward Sword, I hope, will be more like Ocarina of Time meets Wind Waker meets The Legend of Zelda. What I mean by this is, the exploration in this game is an equivalent to Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker, whereas the difficulty level and the "open world" idea is more like The Legend of Zelda.

This is going to be a great game, I can feel it in my bones!

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Dude, you dream you wish for a game?
Thats a joke, anyways, i think SS will be pretty satisfying as a game, maybe even being on of the best TLOZ games!
I share a lot of opinions with people who already posted before me, so i think i dont have to repost.

But i do hope the siren world is more like another overworld and not like the twilight in TP... Also i hope the game has the typical number of dungeons.

I think the game plays very well with the lore the franchise has created , and i think will unveil some things but(i hope) leave more gaps for us to fill with theories(and nintendo to fill its pockets!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom