• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Why The "Link Created Termina With His Mind" Is NOT True!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
What I'm saying is that the idea of Termina as any kind of fantasy is incredibly unlikely because we have been told numerous times that it is not a fantasy and in-game evidence goes a long way to support that.

It's no good to say Alice In Wonderland follows one set of rules so Majora's Mask must do too. People complained that Twilight tampered with vampire lore by not having vampires die in sunlight but that part of vampire fiction began with the 1920s film, Nosferatu and then never really resurfaced until the 80s. There are no rules, no standard to which everything must adhere. Two pieces of fiction cannot be expected to work to the same rules just because you can see some similarity. Alice In Wonderland may have been a dream. That has nothing to do with Majora's Mask.
With regard to Majora's Mask, we had our answer right from the very beginning. All of the "In The Mind" theories are just attempts to disagree with an established fact.

I'm just trying to present the evidence which goes against the notion of Termina having been dreamt up by someone. Baseless speculation about the Lost Woods and comparisons to other Zelda games we were distinctly told were dreams, as well as unrelated works of fiction can't give strength to the argument that Termina came from the mind of Link or Skull Kid or anyone else. Only evidence can and the strongest evidence is the numerous sources which all agree that Termina is a parallel world.

I feel as if the general thrust of what your saying is 'keep an open mind' and I'm sorry if I come across as not doing so, but when the answer to the question is given, why would I disagree with it?

I am not trying to get into this discussion, I dont think I could truly say if Termina its completely real or there is something created by the mind of some character, though I prefer the parallel world version over the dream one.

I am just here because of this:

I'm making a distinction between somewhere Link can go and somewhere he can't. If Termina was a fantasy then Link could not go there..

because we have this:

Koholintisland.gif

Koholit island was created from the dream of the wind fish, most of the inhabitants of this island didn't have an idea that they were living in a dream. The point is that its not true that Link cant get in a world created by the dream of someone else, and that it may be possible for others could get in Link´s dream

Cfrock

Keep it strong
That's a good point but, as I said in my last post, the rules of one work of fiction do not automatically apply to another. The Wind Fish is a form of deity, a creature which holds great power; Skull Kid and Link aren't. It's very unlikely any dream either of them had could manifest the way the Wind Fish's does. If so, why were there not dream worlds popping up all over the place?

I'll concede that within the Zelda Universe there is precedent for people being able to 'go' to a dream. It was in a seperate timeline to Majora's Mask and was the dream of a deity rather than a creepy kid from the woods but still. I've never played Link's Awakening so it often slips my mind.

The main point of my argument still stands though. With nothing but speculation to support the idea that Termina is 'all in Link's (or anyone else's) head', it is simply too doubtful an explanation for me to agree with, especially when we were told the answer as soon as the game was released.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Hes dealing with inner termoil, he just went through a perilous adventure, and he is in a way fighting the inner turmiol. That clears most questions up, and since this is in his mind there are prevous creatures from Hyrule, also some weird things kinda happen in anybodys nightmares.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I don't understand how anyone can still think that this theory has any basis whatsoever. As many people have said, we have been outright told over and over again that Termina is a parallel universe. A parallel universe is not a dream, it is a parallel universe. I don't believe that skull kid or Link are deities in any way, and that seems to be the only way that a world can be created from the mind. As you said, the goddesses willed the world into existence. They are also goddesses. Not normal kids. Also the Windfish, who is basically a god or at least a deity in some way. So yeah, I really don't see this as having any ground to stand on.

Also, cucco.

most of the inhabitants of this island didn't have an idea that they were living in a dream.

That's kinda how a dream works. Unless you're a lucid dreamer, you don't have any idea you're dreaming.

Also, cucco.

That's kinda how a dream works. Unless you're a lucid dreamer, you don't have any idea you're dreaming.

uhm, yes? I dont think that what I said goes against that, or it does?

If anything, what I said is that the inhabitants of Termina are the same, that's if they are part of a dream, and I am not saying they are. I am not sure why, but just thinking about it made me relate the Happy Mask Slesman to the Owl in a creppy way :lol: , please ignore that.

Actually, the (only) part I like about the whole "Link´s mind" thing is how you can find emotions in other character that could be related to Link, it´s interesting, personally, I find the Kafei/Anju part of it amusing or my personal thoughts of the stone mask.

But I still think its not a dream or whatever.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I honestly don't think Termina is a dream...in fact the only way I would consider it is if by some way at the beginning/end of MM Link was shown to be sleeping. LA had this, MM didn't, so the whole Termina being a dream just doesn't fit with me..:/

Also the Skull Kid was said to be the same from the lost woods, I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo's intention that Termina is a parallel dimension.

Honestly though I just don't see the evidence. Just like how I don't see the evidence for Sheik being a guy...the game clearly said it's just Zelda in a disguise.:/ But to each there own...

:rubshandstogether: good...good... :right:

Last edited:
Wow! Sorry I've been gone for so long... I'm shocked so many people answered this forum. Anyways, even though you can't controll a dream, you can controll your subconcious. And we all know Termian is NOT a dream. Remember, Skull Kid was first found when Link and Epona were still in Hyrule. Skull Kid, Tatl, and Tael are from Termina, so you really can't go to the next world if your in Link's subconcious. Some people think Majora created Termina, which is wrong. I finally found a perfect explanation, this will convince you.
The Goddesses created the Giants, so they are basically the Goddesses for Termina (Exept Male) Now, in Ocaraina of Time, the Keaton Mask existed, so Kafei's mask is indeed from Hyrule. Not the same copy, but the concept is from Hyrule. That information, they got from the Giants, when they were in Clock Town. So, even though they don't know it, the "Keaton" concept is from Hyrule. Great Fairies were of course from Hyrule, as we all know. Now that I'm typing this I start to realize how off-topic this is, so sorry.
Really, but first couple sentencese said it, Termina is indeed a alternate dimension, as Nintendo said. It's not like you don't have an explanation, it's kinda obvious by now. Anyway, if you don't agree, please don't rub it in my face by saying some explanation that isn't true. There's nothing I can do, so leave me alone. I will NEVER get convinced.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Wow! Sorry I've been gone for so long... I'm shocked so many people answered this forum. Anyways, even though you can't controll a dream, you can controll your subconcious. And we all know Termian is NOT a dream. Remember, Skull Kid was first found when Link and Epona were still in Hyrule. Skull Kid, Tatl, and Tael are from Termina, so you really can't go to the next world if your in Link's subconcious. Some people think Majora created Termina, which is wrong. I finally found a perfect explanation, this will convince you.
The Goddesses created the Giants, so they are basically the Goddesses for Termina (Exept Male) Now, in Ocaraina of Time, the Keaton Mask existed, so Kafei's mask is indeed from Hyrule. Not the same copy, but the concept is from Hyrule. That information, they got from the Giants, when they were in Clock Town. So, even though they don't know it, the "Keaton" concept is from Hyrule. Great Fairies were of course from Hyrule, as we all know. Now that I'm typing this I start to realize how off-topic this is, so sorry.
Really, but first couple sentencese said it, Termina is indeed a alternate dimension, as Nintendo said. It's not like you don't have an explanation, it's kinda obvious by now. Anyway, if you don't agree, please don't rub it in my face by saying some explanation that isn't true. There's nothing I can do, so leave me alone. I will NEVER get convinced.

Not necessarily, the HMS can clearly travel between the realms, and Termina is the world of masks, if anything, it is heavily related to him, also, I recommend you reading the stone tower babel, it has a great theory on the giants

Not necessarily, the HMS can clearly travel between the realms, and Termina is the world of masks, if anything, it is heavily related to him, also, I recommend you reading the stone tower babel, it has a great theory on the giants

Correct, but, Majora was made in Termina, and... Oh shoot. Just remembered... Majora's Mask grants wishes... Shoot. I am perfectly out of evidence, but Termina is a alternate dimension, so, done.

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
Thank you for reading this forum. My sister and I personally HATE the "Link created Termina with his mind" theory. We decided to come up with some reasons why Link DIDN'T create it with his mind.
1. Why would Link make a realm where the Moon would fall and kill everyone in it?
2. Why would Link break up a lovely couple, in the most of tragic ways? (Anju and Kafei)
3. Why would Link make a poor, innocent, Skull Kid into a monster?
4. Why would Link create the Demon Mask, Majora's Mask?
5. Why would Link turn himself into a Deku Scrub when he was getting tortured when he was?
6. Why would Link turn himself into a Goron?
7. Why would Link turn himself into a Zora?
8. Why would Link separate two loving siblings? (Tatl and Tael)
9. Why would Link make his own horse be stolen? (Epona)
10. Why would Link make lingering spirits, (Darmani) and a cursed father? (Pamela's Gibdo father)
We have many more, but we thought 10 would convince you that's it's not true.
<3 Thanks for Reading <3

agree completely!

Tingle was in Termina, but also exists outside termina, and Link did not meet him in OoT.

are they two different tingles or does tingle know how to get to Termina/Hyrule can someone explain this please! I'm confused :O

How do you not know that this isn't the desperate subconscious fantasy of the Skull Kid? It is possible his subconscious thinks he has no friends because he is a "bad guy", so in his dreams, he imagines himself the antagonist. And because he sees Link as a hero, possibly from hearing his legends, he created a scenario where his good friend Link helped him from his soul crushing loneliness. He becomes "good" as well, his friendship with the "giants" (other skull kids possibly) is reignited, and everything is hunky dory.

...but that's was just a sudden thought. Feel free to break it down.

..? Nintendo did confirm that Termina is a alternate dimension. there is no "claim", there is facts, and reasons. There is no "burden of proof" that "lies within me". the only proof that we don't have is that Termina is a dream, which is NOT true. It's simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom