• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Why the Hell is Zelda 2 So Hard?!

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
That game was a little to broad, IMO I think that's the main reason why it could be hard. The level up system also seemed a little annoying. You just gotta take your time with that game, if you just run around your gonna get yourself killed.

You should try the walkthrough for it if you need help.

It really only gets difficult on the last 2 palaces imo. Having to make that trek back there if you die and not getting bumped into a lava pit by on the way to the last one is a PITA

The game isn't that difficult. The first 2 dungeons are pretty easy. Grinding is quick and there aren't a lot of levels to gain. I'm terrible at truly hard games, and I've beat this many times over the years, which is why I know it's not nearly as difficult as people complain about.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Games from that era used difficulty to inflate play time. While it's easy for the modern gaming adult to drop a game they don't like and move onto something more appealing, such was not the case in the 80s. If you were a child with an NES and a copy of Zelda 2, that was your gaming life for the next few months. You either figured out how to progress or you didn't have anything to play.

Also, games were still designed based on the arcade mentality: intense difficulty punctuated by lots of continue screens. Heck, Nintendo didn't shake the archaic concept of a game over screen in Mario until Odyssey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom