• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Why the Hell is Zelda 2 So Hard?!

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
No offense but that's pretty sad... To kill a Stalfos you duck and stab at its legs!

P.S. I'm already at the last dungeon in that game! :P

Most NES games were difficult back then. Compared to other NES games Adventure of Link isn't too hard. Except for the final boss, which I was never able to beat...

Are you playing on an emulator? I would suggest using a Game Genie cheat to give you invincibility so you can play through the game without dying. That way, you can experience the full game without worrying about the difficulty.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Game, as a standalone, is > Game with cheats.
But,
Game with cheats is > No game at all.

I agree with illmatic; If you can't play it the normal way, I think it's better to play with cheats than not play at all. It's an amazing game and you shouldn't judge it too harshly until you've actually played it instead of giving up when it doesn't follow the standard 2D format you're used to.

Claire

The Geekette
It's a lot more difficult when you're playing on the NES. With an emulator, you can take advantage of a variety of cheats. If you're using an emulator, you might consider using save states until your skills improve. You'd be getting an easier route in that you have a sort of unlimited continues from the save state, but you'll still encounter the same amount of difficult with the actual gameplay. It's really not as horrible as many try to make it seem! Once you get the hang of it, it should prove to be a fun game. Fun, but still a lot harder to play than the latest game generations (my opinion, anyway).

Zelda 2's my 2nd favorite Zelda game, and I've gotten used to seeing people deem it as "too hard". It's a good game, it really is. Grind your levels up in the forests first, then once you've gotten the hang of basic combat, it'll be MUCH easier to progress.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Game developers back then were evil and wanted to torture you. They would punish you with long passwords that you had to buy a notebook to remember and the ones that DID save were REAL impossible to figure out. They laughed all the way to the bank while they said:

a random game maker from the 80s said:
"Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! The dumb kid that bought this game will never beat it! ROFLZ!"

...and started tap-dancing.

Or, maybe you just need practice! :D

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Most NES games were difficult back then. Compared to other NES games Adventure of Link isn't too hard.

My opinion is that most of the games were more difficult than Zelda II back in the NES era. Battletoads, Ghost´s n´Goblins, Ice Climber & the Ninja gaiden games are only some of the examples that could be mentioned. :cool:

Kafei

M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN
Game developers back then were evil and wanted to torture you. They would punish you with long passwords that you had to buy a notebook to remember and the ones that DID save were REAL impossible to figure out. They laughed all the way to the bank while they said:

"Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaa! The dumb kid that bought this game will never beat it! ROFLZ!" and started tap-dancing.

Or, maybe you just need practice!
I'm Almost positive your right.

pacpix

AWESOME
Honestly the game is not to difficult. Each enemy has a weakness and is easy to spot what it is. Also you must level grind. Not only to get higher levels making it easier to defeat enemies, but to train yourself to learn all your enemies attacks. Just keep at it and eventually you will start making progress. Then the game starts to seem easier... until the end.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Game developers back then were evil and wanted to torture you. They would punish you with long passwords that you had to buy a notebook to remember ...

Metroid was one of the worst. Numbers as well as capital and lowercase letters, and the passwords were something like 24 characters long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom