• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why the BotW2 Trailer Adds to Calamity Ganon's Story

I did a bit of a rewrite of this thread to post to Reddit and think it reads a bit better. I'll leave the original below, but also include the rewrite within this spoiler in case you're having a hard time with my style below.

So the new Breath of the Wild 2 trailer has landed and I'm pumped. Not even just because I'm looking forward to the game, but it has seemingly given a little bit of insight into a theory that I've had in my head for a while now. That being the true nature of Calamity Ganon and his real motivation throughout the game. Now yeah, I know, the game's not out so a lot of this is speculation. I get that I may be way off. I just thought I'd put this here for those that may be interested, as I sure find it interesting to see what people are putting together regarding games.

For starters, here's the trailer for reference. I'll be pointing you to a few time stamps along the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYQ2_2y-pI

Mummydorf Returns
To start, we have to acknowledge the introduction of Ganondorf's remains (which I like to call Mummydorf or Ganoncorpse). This is going to be instrumental in piecing together the importance of this theory. The very fact that these remains exist hint at a deeper purpose to the existence of Calamity Ganon. I feel that purpose may be first hinted at in the very structure of this trailer.
I know that there's some people out there who believe these remains to actually belong to Demise, or someone else entirely unrelated. In my opinion, it's fairly clear that it's Ganondorf. If you don't agree then that's fine, but I would still invite you to read the rest of this theory.

**Do you hear that?**The trailer sounds spookily like something has been reversed in it. It's got that sort of voiceless aura about it whereby sounds seem to start soft and end sharp. However, looking into this doesn't seem to yield anything. There's claims that parts of it sounds like the original LoZ game over screen, some parts sound like Ganon's theme, others feature whispering voices that appear to say things. Whilst I will agree that I hear some of these things, I'm not sure if it's because they're actually there or because there's a kind of placebo effect going on. The first time I listened to the trailer when reversed I didn't hear a thing, it's only when people point out these supposed hidden sounds that I then pick up on them.
So, whilst there isn't much to be garnered from the audio itself, I do think there's something to be read into here. The music sounds similar both forward and backwards, as if they're tried to trick us that reversing the track will reveal something. That hasn't been done accidentally, it's a conscious choice. It's easy to pass this off by saying "It's just trying to sound creepy" and it certainly accomplishes that effect. In a similar style of directionless motion, the trailer begins and ends with the same(ish) shot of the green swirls moving across the screen. It almost seems to be hinting at something devoid of time. Which brings me on to the next point...

Timeshift Stones
There's theories out there that conclude that most, if not all of the tech present in Breath of the Wild is run on timeshift stones or some derivative thereof. There's a good video from a youtuber called BlackNintendoCrisis who explains this well. I'll link it below, but it's a long one so for those that don't fancy watching it, it presents evidence from in-game item description that Guardians are run on the Timeshift Stones that we see in Skyward Sword. Give that most of the tech seems to run in a similar way, it's safe to assume that most of the world's gadget do as well. This also explains a lot of the time-related effects of the Shiekah weapons. Things like the Stasis Rune, Purah being reverted to a child and Monks being frozen in time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefdWyrBBM
For a while now I've been flirting with taking the theory further by hypothesizing that perhaps part of Calamity Ganon's plan was to use the timeshift technology for some purpose. He took control of the Guardians which was logical as they were built to defend against him, but before that he took control of 4 large pillars that surrounded the castle. The anture of these pilalrs was never explicitly referenced in-game, and in fact the best we got was speculation from Zelda herself who wrote in her diary: " ...we have still yet to locate all of the Guardians. Records mention a greater number of them—and even other types. They are said to be stored in five giant columns that rest beneath Hyrule Castle. The thing is... No matter how I search beneath the castle, I can't seem to locate these columns. They must be buried deep. Were they perhaps designed to sense the appearance of Calamity Ganon and to only activate upon his return?"

The pillars surrounding the castle were the very first thing that C.Ganon corrupted on his arrival
However, in-game we see these pillars rise up out of the ground. There are no Guardians that follow them, and we see no clear exit points around the pillars to indicate that anything was inside them. It struck me as odd that this would be the case, as if the writers were hiding some secret from us. I thus conclude that, perhaps, these pillars were also timeshift stone technology, and instead of physically housing Guardians they instead used timeshift processes to pull Guardians from the past and place them in the present, ready for fighting Ganon.
Something bothered me though. If this were the case, why would they not explicitly demonstrate so in-game? Further to that, there was a flaw in Ganon's long term plan. Once he'd taken control of the Guardians and Divine Beasts and conquered Hyrule, why would he not destroy them? He's been defeated by this tech before 10,000 years ago, so you'd think it to be in his best interest, once Hyrule had fallen, to at least dispose of the Divine Beasts which served no useful purpose to him? He even went as far as to keep the beasts Guarded by the blights despite them never once actively working against Link.
It struck me that perhaps Calamity Ganon could have been using the technology for some other, unrevealed purpose. the problem was, BotW didn't give us enough of a story to even begin speculating what that purpose was, only bits of evidence that he had. The only real reason I could propose was that perhaps, somehow, his return was stone related. Rather than resurrecting himself he was reverting time on himself to revitalizing his Calamity self. It wasn't the best conclusion, but it was about as good as I could come up with given the idea that timeshift stones were involved and those pillars seemingly served no other purpose. It was like the theory worked well but there was one final step I was always missing to really glue it all together.
Here, however, we have that potential final step...

The Return of Ganondorf
The trailer for BotW 2 shows a very Malice-like ooze seeping from Mummydorf. It's a similar Malice that affects the creatures of Hyrule in BotW, and is what Calamity Ganon himself is composed of. The Malice stills seems active as it's shown infecting a rat. My point here is that this Ganondorf corpse was obviously still around during the events of BotW, so it isn't that Ganondorf has reincarnated into Calamity Ganon, but rather than the Calamity was sent by him. The Malice originates from his body, sealed presumably by the glowing hand present in the trailer.
What is there to suggest this? Well, take a look at this insert from the Hyrule Compendium
Hyrule Compendium said: The source of the darkness that has appeared time and again throughout Hyrule's history. It's been called many names, from "Great King of Evil" to "Calamity." Hibernating within a cocoon, it attempted to regenerate a physical form after Link awoke but was forced to confront him in an incomplete state.
What is interesting about this is it demonstrates that Calamity Ganon at least had knowledge and understanding of being physically present in a battle. By the time Link awoke, Ganon still had full control of the guardians that hadn't been defeated 100 years ago and could have simply retreated all forces back to the castle to defend himself. Instead, he began building a physical presence for itself. However, it didn't do this in the battle 100 years prior. We know Calamity Ganon had access to the needed technology to build itself a body then, because it built the 4 blights to attack the Divine Beasts. However, it seemed content back then to simply let the machines do all the work. Or at least, that's how it seemed. If it had an understanding of being physically present, and knew that Link was a viable enough threat to require a body post-invasion, then why wouldn't it have needed one during?
What I'm getting to here is the idea that it was Ganondorf's plan all along for Calamity Ganon to get itself a physical body, but rather than build itself one it was supposed to revitalize Mummydorf so that he could again walk the land. However, being sealed for as long as he has has reduced his body to a mere shell, unfit for battle and certainly not capable of taking on Link hand-to-hand. So he had to devise some way of breathing life back into his body too. Other than spells and magic, all of which would certainly be blocked by the seal that had been placed upon him, what is the only known way in the Zelda Universe to breathe life back into lifeless remains? That's right...
Timeshift stones!

Skyward Sword has us using Timeshift Stones to breathe life into long dead enemies
In this image it's demonstrated that by using timeshift technology, you can return the bones of a Bokoblin back to the condition it was in when alive. The process doesn't so much involve time-travel, as if a restored bokoblin moves around and then you take him out of the field of the stones, his bones remain at his new location rather than returning to the old one. You're not changing the past, you're merely bringing it into the present. The same strategy may well be being utilised by Ganondorf here. By taking over the timeshift powered tech of BotW, he may have been planning to get enough power to breathe old life back into his decrepit body, just like the bokoblins of SS.
So what impact does this really have on BotW other than Ganondorf's body being present? Well, potentially, a lot. For example, think back to the story of the Shiekah tribe. Impa tells us that Calamity Ganon has attacked Hyrule many times before. However, it was only follow the last attack, 10,000 years ago, that the Shiekah were banished from the Royal Family. Why so? What changed? The technology changed! 10,000 years ago was the first time Calamity Ganon attacked and was met with technological resistance. Towers, Guardians, Divine Beasts, all of them run on timeshift technology. Following the battle the King decreed that the Shiekah were to be banished and the technology they had created was to be buried deep underground never to be used again. But why?
The great battle of 10,000 years ago was the first time Hyrule has demonstrated such immense technological prowess, all presumably run through timeshift energy
Could it be possible that the King himself realised, before Ganon did, that timeshift technology could be used to rejuvenate Ganondorf of old? We are never given any insight into why the banishment took place, and this could be the very reason. The King had to get rid of the tech quickly. Notice that, despite having obvious knowledge of how to build such tech again, the Shiekah themselves also abandoned their technology in favour of simpler farming lives. Those that didn't and tried to cling to old ways were also those that devoted themselves to Ganon. Perhaps those two motivations are linked...
Fast-forward 10,000 years. The evil capabilities of the Shiekah tech have long been lost to legend and King Rhoam grows restless and loses faith in his daughter's resolve to fulfill her duties. He's anxious that the legends of Calamity Ganon signal a prophesied return, and so in a desperate attempt to defend his kingdom he digs up the old technology. The guardians are made active again, the Divine Beasts take perch and, almost immediately, Calamity Ganon returns. If this theory so far is to be believed, it may well have been the actions that King Rhoam took in trying to defend against this evil, that caused it to rise up again in the first place. Sensing that the technology was present Ganondorf again sent his Malice in the form of Calamity Ganon to attack, and immediately set about taking control of the various pieces of technology. And with every piece he conquered, he gained more and more timeshift energy.
**Timeshift in the Trailer?**Let's take another look at the trailer again. Starting at 0:19 Link and Zelda are shown traversing through some sort of cave/ruins system. Along the way the scenery is punctuated by glowing blue rocks, not unlike the timeshift stones themselves. In fact, they are remarkably similar in appearance to timeshift stones having already been activated! Take a look at this video from Skyward Sword. You'll see a set of stones in their activated form at 11:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=ipnPba86a0M

**So why didn't Ganondorf return in BotW?**I don't know. Here's where we get into pure speculation. If the theory is to be believed then there may be a number of different reasons why Calamity Ganon's return 100 years prior to BotW didn't resurrect Ganondorf. For one, perhaps there simply wasn't enough timeshift tech under his control. The towers and shrines are only activated when Link awakens from his slumber, and by then a good portion of the Guardians have been defeated or wasted away. Personally, I prefer this explanation for one reason, it gives a valid reason why Ganondorf would then return for BotW 2. Following the defeat of Calamity Ganon, Zelda shows that she is still committed to the ancient technology when she tells Link that they should go and fix Divine Beast Vah Ruta. There's a chance that by continuing to resurrect the old tech and restoring them to former glory, they are actually doing Calamity Ganon's job for him. Hence the return.
It may also by that the timeshift technology simply wasn't powerful enough to break the glowing arm seal that's been placed on him. When Clammy Ganon first attack he busies himself trying to resurrect his old body while the Guardians do his work for him up top, only to realise that the seal can't be broken with timeshift energy alone. This would explain why he resorts to building himself a new body during the game, rather than taking over the newly exposed towers and shrines to gain more timeshift energy.
Interestingly, in the trailer we see that Ganondor'fs body doesn't feature the usual warrior-like armour garb he is usually depicted to wear. Neither does he wear the Gerudo clothing we're used to in games like Ocarina of Time. The various bits of arm rings and shoulder bracelets are more reminiscent of modern BotW Gerudo outfits. Could it have been that, 10,000 years ago, Ganondorf did again walk the land before being sealed away again? Could that be how the King of 10,000 years ago knew that it was possible to revive Ganondorf, because it's been done once before?

ConclusionThe trailer is barely a day old, and we've a long way to go before the game itself is released and we get to dive more than skin deep into it's contents. However, I thought this theory was worth putting together as even the trailer alone, the confirmation of the return of Ganon and the fact that the malice is actively spreading from his body, adds a lot to our potential understanding of the first game. With the acknowledgement of timeshift technology in BotW, it's potential applications to the story, the evidence discussed and now the strange palindrome-like structure of the trailer, I'm leaning very heavily in favour of the theory that timeshift technology has a much greater part to play in the BotW games than first meets the eye.
Well, thanks for sticking with this for so long. Yep, it's a long one, but I felt I had a lot to cover in order to portray the thought process from start to finish. What are your thoughts?

Oh boy oh boy is there a lot to talk about for a 2 minute trailer. I've flirted with a few BotW theories before but none of them seemed consequential as there was always one final step needed to ultimately conclude why the theory would be relevant. Here though, in this short trailer, we've potentially been given a few of these steps, and I'd like to use it as a means of revisiting a theory I previously couldn't put a solid endcap on.

In case you haven't seen it, I'll include the trailer here

I'm gonna cover some more obvious ground first, then move on to some of the more wacky and outlandish things I'm thinking after that. I've sort of got to cover the obvious so that we're all on the same page with what I'm thinking here.

Who's the dude?
It seems as though the dead mummified body is indeed Ganondorf. There's theories online (which I love the idea of) that it's actually Demise. However, there's a few clues here and there that seem to suggest otherwise. The first being that Demise is stored within the Master Sword at the end of SS. Any presence of Demise would indicate that Master Sword seal has been broken somehow, however Link appears in the trailer still brandishing such blade. Yes, there may have been events that we've not yet seen to explain this, however I'm reluctant to lean on that idea because of these Ganondorf clues.

Screen_Shot_2019_06_11_at_1.30.08_PM.png

This cave painting appears at around 15 seconds in on the trailer. There's a lot going on in the image, however the main focus is the depiction of some person riding a horse and holding a trident into the air. Again, theories abound online that this is a depiction of some previous hero. In my eyes, it seems more logical that this to be depicting Ganondorf himself

latest

The theories stating otherwise usually revolve around the idea that the cave painting seems to depict armour similar to BotW's ancient armour. However, the only similarity I see is with the swirly geometric patterns which seem to me to be more of an artstyle than an actual 1:1 representation of what the character was wearing. The horse's tail displays a similar geometric pattern and obviously isn't meant to accurately depict a horse's tail, but rather the stylized image of one.

Which brings us on to the body itself. Whilst we don't get much of a view, there's enough for us to pull out a few key details. The first of which being the garb of the body.
Screen_Shot_2019_06_11_at_1.40.01_PM.png

The particular focus I was first drawn to was the decorative bejeweled headpiece that has followed Ganondorf around since his introduction to the series. It's a typically Gerudo accessory and is something that no other villain, Demise included, has been shown wearing. Yuga wore a bejeweled headpiece, but it was clear that it was something worn on top of his head rather than something physically being attached to him.

The rest of the decorations appear problematic for the idea that this is Ganondorf at first, as they don't seem to mesh with any of his previous incarnations. However, they are similar to the typical Gerudo garb from BotW. In particular things like the arm rings and shoulder bracelets.

jpg

So what does this mean then?

Do you hear that?
The trailer sounds spookily like something has been reversed in it. It's got that sort of voiceless aura about it whereby sounds seem to start soft and end sharp. However, looking into this doesn't seem to yield anything. There's claims that parts of it sounds like the original LoZ game over screen, some parts sound like Ganon's theme, others feature whispering voices that appear to say things. Whilst I will agree that I hear some of these things, I'm not sure if it's because they're actually there or because there's a kind of placebo effect going on. The first time I listened to the trailer when reversed I didn't hear a thing, it's only when people point out these supposed hidden sounds that I then pick up on them.

Listen for yourself and see what you think

So, whilst there isn't much to be garnered from the audio itself, I do think there's something to be read into here. The music sounds similar both forward and backwards, as if they're tried to trick us that reversing the track will reveal something. In a similar way, the trailer begins and ends with the same(ish) shot of the green swirls moving across the screen. It almost seems to be hinting at something devoid of time. Which brings me on to the next point...

Timeshift Stones
I've previously talked about a theory regarding timeshift stones in BotW. I won't tread old ground but the basic jist of it is that a lot, if not all, of the tech present in Breath of the Wild is run on timeshift stones or some derivative thereof. There's a good video which I also linked when originally discussing this that summarizes it well which I'll link below if you fancy a watch.

I took the theory further by hypothesizing that perhaps part of Calamity Ganon's plan was to use the timeshift technology for some purpose. He took control of the Guardians which was logical as they were built to defend against him, but he also took control of 4 large pillars surrounding the castle which Zelda herself theorised held more Guardians, however none were shown emerging from them. Here's where the "no final step" problem of BotW arose, because I couldn't see a reason why Ganon would take control of the tech for the purpose of utilising timeshift stones, only bits of evidence that he had. The only real reason I could propose was that perhaps, somehow, his return was stone related. Rather than resurrecting himself he was reverting time on himself to revitalizing his Calamity self. It wasn't the best conclusion, but it was about as good as I could come up with given the idea that timeshift stones were involved and those pillars seemingly served no other purpose.

Here, however, we have that potential final step.

The trailer shows a very Malice-like ooze seeping from Mummydorf. It's a similar Malice that affect the creatures of Hyrule in BotW, and is what Calamity Ganon himself is composed of. The Malice stills seems active as it's shown infecting a rat. My point here is that this Ganondorf corpse was obviously still around during the events of BotW, so it isn't that Ganondorf has reincarnated into Calamity Ganon, but rather than the Calamity was sent by him. The Malice originates from his body, sealed presumably by the glowing hand present in the trailer.

What is there to suggest this? Well, take a look at this insert from the Hyrule Compendium
Hyrule Compendium said:
The source of the darkness that has appeared time and again throughout Hyrule's history. It's been called many names, from "Great King of Evil" to "Calamity." Hibernating within a cocoon, it attempted to regenerate a physical form after Link awoke but was forced to confront him in an incomplete state.
What is interesting about this is it demonstrates that Calamity Ganon at least had knowledge and understanding of being physically present in a battle. By the time Link awoke, Ganon still had full control of the guardians that hadn't been defeated 100 years ago and could have simply retreated all forces back to the castle to defend himself. Iit instead began building a physical presence for itself. However, it didn't do this in the battle 100 years prior. We know Calamity Ganon had access to the needed technology to build itself a body then, because it built the 4 blights to attack the Divine Beasts. However, it seemed content back then to simply let the machines do all the work. Or at least, that's how it seemed. If it had an understanding of being physically present, and knew that Link was a viable enough threat to require a body post-invasion, then why wouldn't it have during?

What I'm getting to here is the idea that it was Ganondorf's plan all along for Calamity Ganon to get itself a physical body, but rather than build itself one it was supposed to revitalize Mummydorf so that he could again walk the land. However, being sealed for as long as he has has reduced his body to a mere shell, unfit for battle and certainly not capable of taking on Link hand-to-hand. So he had to devise some way of breathing life back into his body too. Other than spells and magic, all of which would certainly be blocked by the seal that had been placed upon him, what is the only known way in the Zelda Universe to breathe life back into lifeless remains? That's right...

1707.jpg

Timeshift stones!

In this image it's demonstrated that by using timeshift technology, you can return the bones of a Bokoblin back to the condition it was in when alive. The process doesn't so much involve time-travel, as if a restored bokoblin moves around and then you take him out of the field of the stones, his bones remain at his new location rather than returning to the old one. You're not changing the past, you're merely bringing it into the present. The same strategy may well be being utilised by Ganondorf here. By taking over the timeshift powered tech of BotW, he may have been planning to get enough power to breathe old life back into his decrepit body, just like the bokoblins of SS.

So what impact does this really have on BotW other than Ganondorf's body being present? Well, potentially, a lot. For example, think back to the story of the Shiekah tribe. Impa tells us that Calamity Ganon has attacked Hyrule many times before. However, it was only follow the last attack, 10,000 years ago, that the Shiekah were banished from the Royal Family. Why so? What changed? The technology changed! 10,000 years ago was the first time Calamity Ganon attacked and was met with technological resistance. Towers, Guardians, Divine Beasts, all of them run on timeshift technology. Following the battle the King decreed that the Shiekah were to be banished and the technology they had created was to be buried deep underground never to be used again. But why?

lmNtAQC.jpg

Could it be possible that the King himself realised, before Ganon did, that timeshift technology could be used to rejuvenate Ganondorf of old? We are never given any insight into why the banishment took place, and this could be the very reason. The King had to get rid of the tech quickly. Notice that, despite having obvious knowledge of how to build such tech again, the Shiekah themselves also abandoned their technology in favour of simpler farming lives. Those that didn't and tried to cling to old ways were also those that devoted themselves to Ganon. Perhaps those two motivations are linked

Fast-forward 10,000 years. The evil capabilities of the Shiekah tech have long been lost to legend and King Rhoam grows restless and loses faith in his daughter's resolve to fulfill her duties. He's anxious that the legends of Calamity Ganon signal a prophesied return, and so in a desperate attempt to defend his kingdom he digs up the old technology. The guardians are made active again, the Divine Beasts take perch and, almost immediately, Calamity Ganon returns. If this theory so far is to be believed, it may well have been the actions that King Rhoam took in trying to defend against this evil, that caused it to rise up again in the first place. Sensing that the technology was present Ganondorf again sent his Malice in the form of Calamity Ganon to attack, and immediately set about taking control of the various pieces of technology. Notice that not once did he destroy the tech, even after he was victorious. The technology always remained untouched and undamaged. You'd think Ganon would rather have the Divine Beasts destroyed rather than converted if they are weapons so capable of fighting against him.

Anything Else?
Actually, yeah. Let's take another look at the trailer again. Starting at 0:19 Link and Zelda are shown traversing through some sort of cave/ruins system. Along the way the scenery is punctuated by glowing blue rocks, not unlike the timeshift stones themselves. In fact, they are remarkably similar in appearance to timeshift stones having already been activated! Take a look at this video from Skyward Sword. You'll see a set of stones in their activated form at 11:55

So why didn't Ganondorf return in BotW?
I don't know. Here's where we get into pure speculation. If the theory is to be believed then there may be a number of different reasons why Calamity Ganon's return 100 years prior to BotW didn't resurrect Ganondorf. For one, perhaps there simply wasn't enough timeshift tech under his control. The towers and shrines are only activated when Link awakens from his slumber, and by then a good portion of the Guardians have been defeated or wasted away. Personally, I prefer this explanation for one reason, it gives a valid reason why Ganondorf would then return for BotW 2. Following the defeat of Calamity Ganon, Zelda shows that she is still committed to the ancient technology when she tells Link that they should go and fix Divine Beast Vah Ruta. There's a chance that by continuing to resurrect the old tech and restoring them to former glory, they are actually doing Calamity Ganon's job for him. Hence the return.

It may also by that the timeshift technology simply wasn't powerful enough to break the glowing arm seal that's been placed on him. When Clammy Ganon first attack he busies himself trying to resurrect his old body while the Guardians do his work for him up top, only to realise he can't. This would explain why he resorts to building himself a new body during the game, rather than taking over the newly exposed towers and shrines.

Interestingly, we made the point earlier about the fact that Ganondorf's body featured decorations and accessories more alike the Gerudo of the present day than anything we've seen in the past. Could it have been that, 10,000 years ago, Ganondorf did again walk the land before being sealed away again? Could that be how the King of 10,000 years ago knew that it was possible to revive Ganondorf, because it's been done once before?

Conclusion
The trailer is barely a day old, and we've a long way to go before the game itself is released and we get to dive more than skin deep into it's contents. However, I thought this thread was worth putting together as even the trailer alone, the confirmation of the return of Ganon and the fact that the malice is actively spreading from his body, adds a lot to our potential understanding of the first game. With the acknowledgement of timeshift technology in BotW, it's potential applications to the story, the evidence discussed and now the strange palindrome-like structure of the trailer, I'm leaning very heavily in favour of the theory that timeshift technology has a much greater part to play in the BotW games than first meets the eye.

Well, thanks for sticking with this for so long. Yep, it's a long one, but I felt I had a lot to cover in order to portray the thought process from start to finish. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok so the time stone thing is a pretty awesome connection if it proves out. Also I'm 100% certain that's Ganondorf's body. Having said that. I'm guessing Ganondorf may have been the vessel for the Malice of which Demise was the first user.

The Master Sword is pretty heavily damaged, what if the re-born Ganondorf of 10,000 years ago tried to release Demise from the master sword and thats what damaged it. Demise's new prison becomes Ganondorf's body. Ganon becomes a servant of Demise whos is sealed in the sword.

So NintendoBlackCrisis, the YouTuber I linked as reference to the timeshift stone references in BotW, has released a new video about time travel in lieu of the new trailer. He raises a few points about things like landscape and the absence of Shiekah tech in the overworld.

I don't agree with a lot of his points, but I do find it interesting that some form of time travel seems to be reaching the common consciousness when it comes to this trailer among fans. Worth a watch if you're looking for a good starting point for your own theories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom