• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Should't Link Be Able to Use Feirce Diety Anywhere?

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Actually no, when you open a door as Fierce Deity, his feet will go into the ground making him the right height to enter. The only door you can't enter, or exit, are the ones at the Stockpot Inn.

My comment was about if they made FDL a real in game character, not when you use a glitch.
If he just went through a door normally, the top of half of his body would no doubt go through a section of wall.

HE'S NOT CHEAP!!!!!!!! mabey a little too powerful but not "Cheap!"
oh and project 64, my computer has a LOT of problems, soooo I don't know if I would a game I already have but with cheats on my Full Hardrive laptop
Oh yeah, Thanks alot Random Person (Your so helpful) lol "Blonde Moment"
That's the definition of cheap though, I think. I wasn't saying that it's bad to use him. If it were a multiplayer game, then yeah, but not in this case. But I still think you can't consider him anything but cheap.

Kybyrian

I would assume that they don't allow you to transform into Fierce Deity Link just anyway in the game because of glitches, some of which were said. Of course, however, if they had planned to let you use Fierce Deity Link just anywhere they could have fixed these problems(I assume) and it would have worked out right, but I am also guessing that Nintendo didn't really want their fans running around with a guy who kills everything in less than second just breezing through it all. I believe if I was in the deciding seat, I would have done the same thing.

I would assume that they don't allow you to transform into Fierce Deity Link just anyway in the game because of glitches, some of which were said. Of course, however, if they had planned to let you use Fierce Deity Link just anywhere they could have fixed these problems(I assume) and it would have worked out right, but I am also guessing that Nintendo didn't really want their fans running around with a guy who kills everything in less than second just breezing through it all. I believe if I was in the deciding seat, I would have done the same thing.
I didn't really mean to say that he was only available for boss fights because of the bugs, and that they couldn't have fixed them, more that it's possibly the reason they didn't throw him in to the other parts of the game.

Like they made him, and got the boss fights worked out, but they didn't have time to work out all the other parts so they didn't bother because of the bugs.

OotLord1003

Young Link
That's the definition of cheap though, I think. I wasn't saying that it's bad to use him. If it were a multiplayer game, then yeah, but not in this case. But I still think you can't consider him anything but cheap.

Oh okay I get what youre saying, I was just reffering to the worst. But in like the next smash bros, I think he could make an apperance!

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
either 1) because 'majora' gives it to him im guessing it can only be used in places where his power is concentrated so the mask has someing to fuel off of 2) link himself chooses not to because he doesnt want to seem 'cheap'

Nine-tailed Fox

FUS RO DAH!!!!
Like many people have said, FD is freaking huge! The bombers barely go up to your knee! Another reason is that even if you talk to the soldiers, they won't let you out.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Because he would scare the crap out of small children!
The mask has the power of evil gods inside of it, I don't think I woud want to see someone walking around with that mask on!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Because using the mask turns him into a fierce deity- "Kijin Rinku"- or "terrible/ferocious/demon god Link". Link is a good guy. He had to use the mask to defeat Majora, but after that, what need is there to turn into a dark god? He's a hero in his own right, and he doesn't need to stomp around Termina or Hyrule in a form that doesn't reflect who he is.

Really, you could almost say the mask doesn't fit his personality. Originally, it was going to be an Adult Link mask, but they changed it up for the sole purpose of giving variety. So, really, being a dark god doesn't fit Link- it was simply a power he had to utilize in order to destroy a great evil and save a world. There is no longer any use for it.

octorok74

TETTAC
Maybe the spirit in the Fierce Diety Mask would overwhlem Link and corrupt him, just like how Majoras Mask overwhelmed Skull Kid and corruted him. Plus, he is pretty big so he might accidentally step on some of the kids in town.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
Ya, First you go to the little water section near the entrence to great bay, Put on the zora mask and go into the waterabout to his middle back or waist. Then turn into young link and dive to the bottom (staying in the same place) and put on the zora mask THEN TAP THE B BUTTON for about 10 seconds the push the button that your zora mask was on, B should be blank. Then hold A and "Up" on the control stick untill you roll (if you don't roll try in over again but move back wards a little bit more, but make sure zora link is still standing up when you restart the glitch) one you roll equip the feirce diety mask to where the zora mask the zora mask was put, then press the button it is equiped to BOOM your Oni Link. DO NOT GO IN CLOCK TOWN, TO NOT TALK TO BOMBER KIDS, DO NOT GO TO THE STOCK POT INN, AND DO NOT TALK TO ANY GUYS IN MINIGAME AREAS shops are okay. To turn back to Normal go back to the water and and put on the zora mask.
Theres an easier way, where you go to the horse races, then you put on the mask like right before the race starts, or something like that.

Basically what Axle said, It wouldn't be any fun if you were just stomping around the whole game as FD Link, which would basically be like having God Mode turned on.

I didn't really think FDL was that big, but I guess I never noticed until now. I'd have to agree with everyone who said it might be because he's too powerful that you can't use him everywhere. I had always imagined that FDL was only necessary to combat something equally as strong, so if nothing is in comparison, then it's like the FD mask's got its own attitude and it's uninterested because of how feeble everything is compared to it.

That's why I wanted to bring up the FDL aspect of a Zelda story because it's almost unfair to only use FDL in boss battles. Yeah, it makes things sweet and you get to straight up own, but at least devote an entire level, or place of some sort where you can freely roam as FDL. I have intentions of reaching this point where FDL can roam in The Legend of Zelda: The Cardinal Kingdom; there is a specific kingdom so corrupted by evil, etc. that FDL is on full alert at all times, allowing the gamer to fully utilize his abilities. Other than that, I wouldn't want to give FDL too much spotlight just because to me it's like a last resort transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom