• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why People in Wind Waker Are Disproportionate

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Inbreeding.
When Hyrule was flooded only a handful of men made it to the mountaintops. This would have left a small gene pool. When people all moved out to different islands the gene pool would have been made smaller still, residents would have had to inbreed and produced children who would have inbred too, eventually genetic deformities would have showed up in later generations. Deformities such as big heads. This explains why Ganondorf and Daphnes are the only normally proportioned humans in the game because they came from a time where there was genetic diversity in Hyrule.
What do you think. Makes sense right?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Or maybe because the people on the islands are inbred. I pointed out that Daphnes and Ganondorf are normally proportioned, if it was just art style then they too would have strange proportions.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Or maybe because the people on the islands are inbred. I pointed out that Daphnes and Ganondorf are normally proportioned, if it was just art style then they too would have strange proportions.

I think this is a case of thinking too far into things that aren't really supposed to be thought too far into. A lot of the characters in the GC Pokemon games were disproportionate and oddly shaped, so is that because of inbreeding too? The Villager in Animal Crossing has a circle head, must be inbreeding.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think this is a case of thinking too far into things that aren't really supposed to be thought too far into. A lot of the characters in the GC Pokemon games were disproportionate and oddly shaped, so is that because of inbreeding too? The Villager in Animal Crossing has a circle head, must be inbreeding.

In pokemon I can't remember so I won't comment there.
In Animal crossing there is obviously inbreeding going on. Thing is when you live in a village full of animals there are very few viable partners for producing offspring.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Except the photography guy on Windfall Island is proportionate as Daphnes and Ganondorf are. So is a few of the pirates. It's simply an art style.

Actually, Daphnes and Ganondorf are among the most disproportionate of all, as are all of the larger pirates/sailors. Did you not see their legs in proportion to their arms and large frames? Your theory seems like it'd make for an awesome fanfic, though.

But of course. Alas, even the normal human frame has been lost, as Ganondorf, Daphnes, Lenzo, and the like fell victim to the most horrible fate of all: Skipping Leg Day.

Never skip Leg Day.

D

Deleted member 14134

I agree, incest is the only plausible explanation for quirky looking characters in an E rated game!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Certain characters in classic Zelda games are disproportionate as well...typically the younger characters like the Bombers from MM...always thought they had big heads haha.

I think it's just the fact that they're in a cartoony video game. Not much else... :/

I agree that the theory of inbreeding is reading too far into it. Wind Waker is definitely supposed to be a cartoony game. Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass were the same way. They are disproportionate for a reason and it isn't inbreeding.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
G-King, do you mind if I take this as a headcanon?

Not at all, go right ahead.

I agree, incest is the only plausible explanation for quirky looking characters in an E rated game!

Are you saying incest is out of the question in a series that contains... necrophilia or I suppose biophilla and rape because in OOT and MM ReDeads have bum fun with link even when he is a child.
Majoras Mask contains racism, seeing as some shopkeepers seem to charge more if you are a goron and more still of you are a zora.
Incest seems quite a tame theme for Zelda I think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom