• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Why People Don't Like It That Much?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I really like LoZ ALTTP. It's has a really cool, interesting plot. Some people have their own favorite game. Everyone has their own opinion of the zelda games. But I really like this game. Ive played this game in the SNES and GBA version. I have this game on my wii console. Anyway, we all know that some zelda fans like this classic, wonderful game. Some zelda fans don't. But this is my opinion on this zelda game. And i dont care if some zelda fans disagree about my opinion. This is what I think about LoZ ALTTP.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
This was my second Zelda after LA. This game is AMAZING, and still the only one I've 100%ed, which I did on a plane WITHOUT A GUIDE (though I did use a guide on my first playthrough because I was like 6).

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I like ALttP, but the problem is I keeping dying. I also am niso fan of the controls, but hey, thats just me. Another thing I don't like is how slow Link moves normally. Besides these things, the game is great. The harder the better (in some cases), so I am trying to complete it. I wonder what it would look like as a remake?

Twilight

Storming Twilight
I disagree with you, StrangeWig. :shake: I wouldn't say that ALttP is unappreciated. Even with all the modern games being released, like Ocarina of Time 3DS, many people still enjoy playing that fantastic game. Many people play it on this very big world, have it, like it, or heard of it. Every second someone on the world is playing it. So there's no confirmation that ALttP is unappreciated. It's just that veteran players finish the game easily, and don't like that much playing it again, afterall, they'll want more and more games to beat. And there's lot of people that get addicted to another game every week/month(like me), or like 3D games better.
The final result of this?
ALttP is enjoyed by lots of gamers on the world.
Even if they don't play it EVERY single day.

Twilight

Moldorm

Is not Error
ALttP is by far my favorite Zelda title. I've listed many reasons across several threads, so I won't drone on about why it's so important to me. Just know that there are some of us out here who think it's great :)

P

peckingbird

Just to say, I think alttp is quite possibly my favourite Zelda game, I never used to like it but it's grown more and more on my over the years.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I'm on my first play-through of 'A Link to the Past' right now, myself. It's fun, but I think of I'm one of the people that the original poster was talking about. Although, I would probably agree it's the best of the 2D Zelda titles, for some reason, I don't like it as much. I find it incredibly frustrating - more frustrating than any other Zelda game I've ever played (except Zelda II. Yeah.). I mean, it is a great game, technically, and it was the pioneer of a lot of the elements that we Zelda fans have come to know and adore, but to me, I just am really like 'CAN I FINISH THIS GAME ALREADY, PLEASE!?' I'm not having too much fun with it, like I have most other Zelda titles.

And shouldn't a 'game'... be fun? :)

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I love A Link to the Past. It's one of my favorite Zeldas to play. I always die at the final boss battle though. I hate the bosses where, if you fall, you have to climb up and start the entire thing over again. I HATE boss battles that do that.

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I hate the bosses where, if you fall, you have to climb up and start the entire thing over again. I HATE boss battles that do that.

That is probably the number one thing that irks me about A Link to the Past. It drives me crazy having to go through basically the entire dungeon again to get back to the boss. I always end up with only a handful of hearts when I reach the boss again. THAT is frustrating!

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
That is probably the number one thing that irks me about A Link to the Past. It drives me crazy having to go through basically the entire dungeon again to get back to the boss. I always end up with only a handful of hearts when I reach the boss again. THAT is frustrating!

Exactly. Not only does the final boss battle do that, but also the third dungeon where you get the moon pearl, I don't remember the boss's name but wow do I hate him. They don't give you enough room to fight him, the area is so small, and on top of it they put a stupid hole in the middle of the area for you to fall through. The last time I played that boss I fell six times. :mad:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I don't get this thread at all. A Link to the Past is one of the most appreciated games for the Super Nintendo. It's the best 2D Zelda in my opinion. And I've never heard anyone complaining about the game. So, I'm really confused now, seeing such a thread :S
I mean, the game sold about 5 million units.

Most of the member here at Zelda Dungeon are very young, maybe it's more the game for the older generation :suspicious:
Anyway. I'm a bit perplex now xD

@Ghirahim

The name of the boss is Moldorm.

M

Morningspirit23

Oh come on people. It dosen't have that bad graphics, the storylines pretty good, and if it's about the official art, then it's still a pretty good game (and in the official art, Zelda looks amazing.). It dosen't stand out, but it isn't as bad as YouTubers make it out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom