• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Not Just Keep the Items?

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Why do they have to keep making such bizarre weapons?

Why not just keep the ones that have actually been useful?

Like, why not just have Bow & Arrow, Bombs, Hookshot, Boomerang.. etc.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
The only thing I'm not liking is the fact that we have a both a bow and a slingshot (again).
Not sure why we have to have two of essentially the same thing.

Otherwise, the items they showed seemed to be pretty much the same as they always have been... with the exception of the whip (even though it was in spirit tracks, it's never been in one of the major zelda games) and the beetle thing, but it serves the same purpose as the owl in TP.

Everything will work out fine in the end. They're just taking old concepts and making them fresh.

I hope they have a boomerang, though. It's probably my favorite weapon.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
SS is supposed to be unique among zelda games. Having the same old items defeats the purpose of it being unique in the first place. >.>

Btw, TP had a hawk, not an owl.

P

Phantom Ganon

If they have a total remake of the longshot I'll love Nintendo.
But anyways back on topic.
Yes I do believe that new items are basically recycled old ideas but the bright side is that there will be one unique weapon like the spinner that will kick-*** and everyone is going to refer to it all the time.
You guys just have to believe me because whenever I say that only time will tell than you have to listen to me!

Zelda is easy enough, whats wrong with learning something new? And the game goes by fast enough, I don't mind playing the game longer, do you? Why don't you just have fun learning it? it makes the game fresh and new, makes the puzzles something we've never seen before, gameplay less predictible, and harder. God I'd be so bored if they kept the same items, every single game. The whip really isn't that weird. And the beetle is a really great idea I think. Why do you want the same all the time? Ocarina of time even had different new items. EVERY zleda game has new items. If you just want the old items, go play the old games... oh wait, the first game had the raft and the blue candle, and then there was all the magic, and the hammer, and the magic powder, and the masks, and so forth. No zelda game has had JUST those items.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
The only reason why OoT had different items was because it was the first 3D Zelda, Link. It was a fresh new start for Nintento. But unlike OoT, this is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess and it should at least have some original items. Like, how abut the Fire and Ice Arrows. Or, how about, like you mentioned, the whip almost like the one from Spirit Tracks. But creating more and more new items just makes the old items worthless, or so over-rated.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I like new items. They present more of a challenge to the game and it's also entertaining to learn what you can do with them. It brings something fresh to Zelda. The items that I think are neccessary for a Zelda game is the bow, bombs, hookshot/longshot, and boomerang. Everything else is mostly something new, interesting, or an improvement on previous items from other Zelda games.

But unlike OoT, this is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess and it should at least have some original items.

What? People are pretty darn sure that this game fits into the very beginning of the Zelda timeline. How is this game at all a direct sequel to TP? Unless you meant something else when you stated that. Otherwise, that's certainly not the case for SS.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
SS is the beginning of the Zelda timeline. One thing I have to say is, I'm not very excited for a whip or the beetle. i want a hookshot and the boomerang. I think I can live with the beetle though, because the boomerang yells outback, while the beetle yells magic item. The whip bothers me because it doesn't fit with medieval times. It worked with ST because ST was kinda western-esque, but SS is about primitive Hyrule and Magical Skyloft. A whip wouldn't fit in at all. Although Nintendo will make it work, without a doubt, but it just doesn't seem to fit in with what we've heard. Maybe it was just for demo purposes only, or maybe it will turn out to be some type of magical rope, who knows... It's magic and that's all I can think how it is related to Zelda...:)

G

Giraffesman3705

2 things:
1. did oyu notice how in the other games these items were ACTUALLY USEFUL even though they werent a maiun weapon like you say? like the dominion rod in tp, you needed it to finish the mission.

2. you cant use etc. in that kind of phraze its like saying my favorite ice cream flavors are choclate vanila strawberry etc. how do you know what etc is?!?!?! etc for oyu could also mean spiner, double hookshot, clawshot, grapling hook, leaf, iron boots, anything really!

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl

Cuz new items r cool.
(such as: whip, spinner, ball & chain, beetle, whirlwind, double clawshots, etc.)

13foxes

Since it's just a demo, so we can't make sure that all the items are going to be the same in the official version. How can we know that they're not going to get rid of the Slingshot? They still have plenty of time to adjust things. I really want the old items to come back, like the Hookshot or the Boomerang (those are my favorite). But, Nintendo could be creative and make something we've never see before, like the Wirlwind in ST. So, they just need a balance between original and new things.

Z

Zenu

I want to see a spear in the game that can be used to thrust into the openings of armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom