• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Why No Gerudo in TP? Now Answered!

B

Beefcake

Okay some people are over looking how the new timeline answers a lot of things besides game placement. I' going to go over one thing (kinda two) it answers. People have always wondered why the Gerudos or Gerudo valley doesn't really appear on TP. We now have an answer. On the timeline it list The Hyrule Unification War taking place before OoT. We can only assume this is a war between the Gerudos and other inhabits of the desert against Hyrule who wants to make their land apart of Hyrule. This also explains why Gannondorf is meeting with the King at the beginning of OoT and why you can go to Gerudo Desert. Gannon was sighing a peace treaty ending the war and making his land apart of Hyrule (Even though he planned on backstabbing them later on).

Anyways to get back to my original point. There is no Gerudo Desert or Gerudo people in TP because this is the child timeline. Gannon never signed a treaty Gerudo Desert never became a part of Hyrule. Also with the leader gone they probably called off attacks. For the most part in all Zelda games you don't go outside of Hyrule since Gerudo Desert is not apart of Hyrule in this time line you can't go there. Also on a quick note this explains the war that Link's mother was running from in the back story of OoT.

If you have any questions or arguments I would love to hear them and discuss. Hopefully we can answer more questions that plagued us over the years.

Update!!

Okay now thanks for the comments guys. Anywho I read through them and I thought there would be some holes because I never played the four swords games. So thanks for the info everyone. Heres a little clarification and update.

Can we at least assume Gannondorf was meeting with the king at the start of OoT as some type of treaty to the unification War. Which would mean that the Gerudo were fighting the Hylians (among other races). No ones arguing that Link's mother ran from this war so that's cool.

Heres another theory I want to throw out there. Maybe after Gannon was captured (Child Timeline) the rest of the Gerudos ether moved back or were forced out of the original location. I know it sounds harsh but it kind of makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kombatgod

Timeline Exegete
What are you talking about?
1st-There IS the Gerudo Desert in TP! It has no Gerudo in it, but it's there!
2nd-The Hyrule Unification was (kinda) mentioned in OoT itself! The official timeline doesn't add any new event, jut lists them.
3rd-We always knew TP was in the Child Timeline, this new timeline didn't answer a thing!
4th-On the contrary, this timeline places FSA after TP. How is it that we got Gerudos in FSA and not in TP? IT got me even more confused about it!

The Historia basically gives us this order:

OoT - The Gerudos live in Gerudo Desert
TP - The Gerudo Desert is empty
FSA - The Gerudo lives in the Desert of Doubt

If we assume that there is only one Gerudo tribe, then the most plausible theory is that they moved from Gerudo Desert to the Desert of Doubt some time before TP.

/Blue Window

The Historia basically gives us this order:

OoT - The Gerudos live in Gerudo Desert
TP - The Gerudo Desert is empty
FSA - The Gerudo lives in the Desert of Doubt

If we assume that there is only one Gerudo tribe, then the most plausible theory is that they moved from Gerudo Desert to the Desert of Doubt some time before TP.

/Blue Window

I agree that this theory is the most plausible. I am curious on why the Gerudo moved; all I have to say is that if we don't see the Gerudo soon, I'm going to be very sad

Garo

Boy Wonder
On the timeline it list The Hyrule Unification War taking place before OoT. We can only assume this is a war between the Gerudos and other inhabits of the desert against Hyrule who wants to make their land apart of Hyrule.

We actually don't have to assume anything, as this war is directly mentioned in Ocarina of Time - it was a vicious civil war between most of the dominant races and ended with the the Hylians, led by the Hyrule Royal Family, creating Hyrule. It is thought that the Sheikah went largely extinct during this war. The war was concluded before the beginning of Ocarina of Time, thus your reasoning is invalid.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
And yet again, i support the theory that the Gerudo eventually became the Twili. Even if this theory has flaws in it, there are multiple indications that make this possible. But I already discussed this in other threads and im not taking the effort to list my arguments again.

But ask yourself this: were is arbiter grounds and for what purpose is it in that location? Furtermore, that location is not part of any providence nor is it protected by a light spirit, so what buisness has the Sages just outside of Hyrule?

I agree that this timeline is certainly strange. Part of them fled and part of them were banished? Dunno?

B

Beefcake

Okay

Okay now thanks for the comments guys. Anywho I read through them and I thought there would be some holes because I never played the four swords games. So thanks for the info everyone. Heres a little clarification and update.

Can we at least assume Gannondorf was meeting with the king at the start of OoT as some type of treaty to the unification War. Which would mean that the Gerudo were fighting the Hylians (among other races). No ones arguing that Link's mother ran from this war so that's cool.

Heres another theory I want to through out there. Maybe after Gannon was captured (Child Timeline) the rest of the Gerudos ether moved back or were forced out of the original location. I know it sounds harsh but it kind of makes sense.

To Beefcake

Zelda says that Ganondorf has sweared allegiance to the King of Hyrule, so it is possible that the meeting it is some sort of treaty following the war. Even though the war istelf probably ended about a decade priror to OoT (based on the fact that no one besides a tree talks about the war), it is possible that Ganondorf was in Hyrule to discuss the further co-operation between Hyrule and the Gerudo.

/Blue Window

B

Beefcake

To Blue

If you want to find out how long it was between the war and OoT you could probaly just use Link's age as a child. Since his mother ran from the war after giving birth to him we know the war was still going on as he was born. Although whos to say it ended right after he was born but we know it wasn't that long ago.

To Beefcake

I don't think that there are any other direct references to the Unification War than the Deku Tree Sprout. An educated guess would be that it ended about 5-8 years before the start of the game: This way there is time for the war to conclude, Hyrule to be unified (which seems to be a separate event in the narration of the DTS) and still time left for the war to leave the general consciousness.

/Blue Window

B

Beefcake

To Beefcake

I don't think that there are any other direct references to the Unification War than the Deku Tree Sprout. An educated guess would be that it ended about 5-8 years before the start of the game: This way there is time for the war to conclude, Hyrule to be unified (which seems to be a separate event in the narration of the DTS) and still time left for the war to leave the general consciousness.

/Blue Window

It would be closer to 8. Remember Link's mother ran from this war when he was an infant. I think link is a lot older then 5 at the start of OoT. But then again we don't know how long the war lasted. She could have ran at the start of the war then it the war could of went on for another 5 years.

Oh! This rwally helped!
I didn't know how linked the Civil War and the Timeline split...
Besides I knew that Link's mother was running from the War

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom