• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Must Nano Assault Be Missed by So Many Gamers?

Byrne

Waterloo
I went to gamestop and I saw nano assault. I thought it was going to be boring, but I got it anyway. I discovered that it was extremely overlooked.
It has great shooting, kinda like starfox, but it also has planet-like cells you explore, like super mario galaxy.
The question is: WHY IS IT MISSED BY SO MANY GAMERS???

Majora's Cat

How about that
But if you've seen any trailers you know that it indeed seems more appealing than Nintendo's similar offer in the form of Star Fox 64 3D. But then there is always nostalgia to take into account...

Okay, so blasting through somewhat disgusting looking microscopic landscapes appeals to most people? The game does not have a storied and already popular franchise to back it, so it's essentially an indie game that mimics Star Fox's style. Nostalgia does factor in, and a game that can't form its own identity, has no previous titles and isn't exposed to the public much will be ignored.

That being said, the game still looks impressive, but it looks like an incredibly linear shooter that is limited to an enclosed space (like Star Fox). The difference? Star Fox is a famous series, hasn't seen the light of day in quite awhile, and Nintendo decided to lavish tons of attention on it.

Byrne

Waterloo
The story is pretty much solid.
You have to use a microscopic ship to defeat a deadly virus known as nanostray. And the starfox-styled shooting is only at boss battles. normaly, you go on cells to purify them and to collect DNA samples.
This is what an anonimus stage looks like:
2011-10-27_10-24-53_0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom