• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Why MM is Random

Why MM is random
I think MM is one of the randomnest games in the zelda series. First of you just finished Oot, which is a simple fantasy game. Then you hear about a sequel. After you buy the sequel you see nothing but wildness. As soon as you enter clock town you see... A GIANT CONSTIPATED MOON THAT IS GOING TO CRUSH THE CITY IN THREE DAYS! Pretty mad. Then later in the game you go to a nice farm and find that at night there are TONS OF UN-DEAD SHEPARD ALIENS IN PAJAMAS THAT ARE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR COWS! Finally you reach the last boss and see... A MAD CHICKEN MAN RUNNING AROUND TRYING DANCE YOU TO DEATH! and if that's not enough... HE TURNS INTO A STEROID ALTERED SCREAMING WOMAN THAT LOOKS LIKE SHE CAME OUT OF A BIOLOGY TEXTBOOK! there are many more examples, but this is why I think MM is random. What do you think?

Big Octo

=^)
Must we forget the criminally insane action of removing the face of a dead or dying individual only to wear it an imitate them?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Because it's too canon for Hyrule Historia.

No, it's not canon at all. He completely forgot to mention Oldowlasawa's (however you spell that) colorful mask collection. I mean, just look at him, how does he not have one? Also Reggie hasn't been mentioned, so that's also a problem.

On a side note, MM is probably the most nonsensical Zelda title, if you really think about it.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Your interpretation of Majora's Mask is certainly intriguing, lol.

Anyway, yeah the game is just odd and quite twisted as a whole. It's as if they took the concept of the last game, Ocarina of Time, ripped it up, rolled it up, spat it out and somehow came up with a masterpiece. I do believe it's these odd and strange, foreign aspects that give the game it's unique identity and charm. Essentially, it makes the game in my opinion.

MW7

Must we forget the criminally insane action of removing the face of a dead or dying individual only to wear it an imitate them?

Whoa! I always remember Groundhog Day with regards to the game, but you just made me realize that Majora's Mask took an idea from Silence of the Lambs too.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I cannot believe you neglected to mention the 40 year-old cartographer in a one piece who claims to be the greatest fairy ever.

My first thought exactly!

I agree with the TS, but aren't all Zelda games kinda random? I mean, maybe MM is a bit worse than other games, but you can make up such a story about all the Zelda games. OoT;
A boy wakes up in his tree house to be awakened by a fairy. Then he gets swallowed by a giant tree! And if you think that is worse, he gets beaten down by crazy rock eaters after helping them, only to get eaten again by a giant whale! But not before he gets magic power by a weird naked lady on top of a mountain who is laughing like crazy!

Dunnow if this sounds the same, but this is only as Young Link, not even Adult Link :P. And that's just OoT

Woah guys, aren't you forgetting someone!? The Happy Mask Salesman freaked me out as a kid. ^OwO^ In my honest opinion, he is one of the freakiest parts of the game (at least as a kid not expecting that one scene near the beginning haha).

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Why MM is random
I think MM is one of the randomnest games in the zelda series. First of you just finished Oot, which is a simple fantasy game. Then you hear about a sequel. After you buy the sequel you see nothing but wildness. As soon as you enter clock town you see... A GIANT CONSTIPATED MOON THAT IS GOING TO CRUSH THE CITY IN THREE DAYS! Pretty mad. Then later in the game you go to a nice farm and find that at night there are TONS OF UN-DEAD SHEPARD ALIENS IN PAJAMAS THAT ARE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR COWS! Finally you reach the last boss and see... A MAD CHICKEN MAN RUNNING AROUND TRYING DANCE YOU TO DEATH! and if that's not enough... HE TURNS INTO A STEROID ALTERED SCREAMING WOMAN THAT LOOKS LIKE SHE CAME OUT OF A BIOLOGY TEXTBOOK! there are many more examples, but this is why I think MM is random. What do you think?

Well, one reason could be that Link is in purgatory!
If you've ever seen this video-: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw -then you'd know it could be just a really bad "dream sequence" of some sort, and last time I checked, Dreams, or well, what you experience in most ethereal settings, is that they can be quite random and nonsensical. I mean, that video- I honestly do think that Link is Dead in MM. I mean, It all does make sense, and it also apparently matches up within the timeline too.

I have only seen a few Game Theories, but this one is the only one I agree with nearly 100%. (if not 100%)

I cannot believe you neglected to mention the 40 year-old cartographer in a one piece who claims to be the greatest fairy ever.
Tingle is only 35 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom