• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Minish Cap SHOULDNT Be the First Game in the Timeline (WARNING HUGE RANT) :D

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Here's much evidence that it could go at the beginning of the timeline. Note that this is my theory on why it goes there.

1. Eiji Aonuma (?) stated that the Four Swords saga was "the oldest tale in the Hylian chronology." Whether this means that 4 Swords is first is ambiguous, but I doubt that it is. As my reason why, Vaati was sealed away in the Four Sword at the end of the Minish Cap, thus setting the stage for 4 Swords.

2. The Triforce plays so little a role in this game, it is easy to overlook the fact that it is even there. It only appears on the Kinstone halves as they appear in the field, on the floor and walls of the Royal Family Crypt and Hyrule Castle, and various other small incarnations. It is safe to assume that either it hasn't been found yet, or that not even the Royal Family remembers it, despite it being in their crest.

3. In the opening cinematic, the Hero of Men is depicted as having no hat. Now before you get all "Here we go again, another person who thinks its first just because Link gets his hat" on me, think for a moment. If the Hero of Men is considered a Hero by the Hylians, then where would the Hero of Time be? Or the Hero of Winds (for those of you who think its after ST)? If it is true that this guy is a true hero and that the Hylians revere him, then it shows that he isn't wearing the trademark hat of the Links that appear throughout history, therefore, making him NOT a Link.

4. There is no mention of Ganondorf, the Master Sword, or even the Goddesses. Surely if the game took place any time post-OoT, the people would remember the suffering Ganondorf caused, the Blade of Evil's Bane, or the Goddesses who created Hyrule. Especially since, if they did know about the goddesses, they would likely know about the Golden Power.

Pinecove

Last Chance
1. Eiji Aonuma (?) stated that the Four Swords saga was "the oldest tale in the Hylian chronology." Whether this means that 4 Swords is first is ambiguous, but I doubt that it is. As my reason why, Vaati was sealed away in the Four Sword at the end of the Minish Cap, thus setting the stage for 4 Swords.

And just a few months ago he stated OoT had been the oldest story until SS.

2. The Triforce plays so little a role in this game, it is easy to overlook the fact that it is even there. It only appears on the Kinstone halves as they appear in the field, on the floor and walls of the Royal Family Crypt and Hyrule Castle, and various other small incarnations. It is safe to assume that either it hasn't been found yet, or that not even the Royal Family remembers it, despite it being in their crest.

This can be the case if TMC is post ST.

3. In the opening cinematic, the Hero of Men is depicted as having no hat. Now before you get all "Here we go again, another person who thinks its first just because Link gets his hat" on me, think for a moment. If the Hero of Men is considered a Hero by the Hylians, then where would the Hero of Time be? Or the Hero of Winds (for those of you who think its after ST)? If it is true that this guy is a true hero and that the Hylians revere him, then it shows that he isn't wearing the trademark hat of the Links that appear throughout history, therefore, making him NOT a Link.

If the MC BS comes after ST then it's possible he's wearing green because it's part of his guard uniform.

4. There is no mention of Ganondorf, the Master Sword, or even the Goddesses. Surely if the game took place any time post-OoT, the people would remember the suffering Ganondorf caused, the Blade of Evil's Bane, or the Goddesses who created Hyrule. Especially since, if they did know about the goddesses, they would likely know about the Golden Power.

Once again, not if TMC comes post ST.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
1. Eiji Aonuma (?) stated that the Four Swords saga was "the oldest tale in the Hylian chronology." Whether this means that 4 Swords is first is ambiguous, but I doubt that it is.

Do you happen to have a source for this? That'd be super.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I have it:

BB: That’s something that, you (Bill Trinen – Localization Team) and I have talked about with the release of the Zelda compilation disc, cleaning up some of the spellings like Ganon, and making sure everything is cohesive. Maybe that’s an American thing – us wanting to know how it all works together. I guess that leads me to my next questions. How do the Links in The Four Swords Adventure relate to the overall story line? Or is it just a subchapter or something like that?
EA: The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline. With this one on the GameCube being a sequel to that, and taking place sometime after that.

Source.
Notice how Aonuma says "we're thinking." That combined with the fact of the recent SS interview leads me to believe that TMC was never first to begin with.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't remember, is it prominent in FS/FSA? Anyway, it's quite evident that at least the Royal Family knows about it, so it's either been found and Vaati's dumb for not trying to get it, or it's been forgotten by most.

4. There is no mention of ... the Goddesses. Surely if the game took place any time post-OoT, the people would remember ... the Goddesses who created Hyrule.
I think you have this backwards. Unless it was a Moses kind of thing, I would think that a lack of goddess-worshipping would come after an abundance of it.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I don't remember, is it prominent in FS/FSA? Anyway, it's quite evident that at least the Royal Family knows about it, so it's either been found and Vaati's dumb for not trying to get it, or it's been forgotten by most.

Yeah, the Triforce symbol is prominent in FSA. It's even in Hyrule castle so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom