• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Why Marin Does Call Tarin by His Name?

Salem

SICK
So we all know that Tarin is Marin's dad, right? At least the instruction booklet says that, there's isn't anything in the game that says that, at least I don't remember.

Marin always calls him by his name, she never says "dad" or "father". Why is that?

Big Octo

=^)
It's a somewhat common thing for some people to do in real life, and nothing needs to make sense in the dream world.

MW7

I think it's a funny way for a person to act like they are more mature than they are. I try to call my parents names other than mom and dad all the time. Sometimes I use their first names and other times I come up with nicknames like calling my dad papa smurf. I am weird, but I think it's funny. I wouldn't be surprised if Marin, a person who has a number of talking animal friends, is a weird person as well. But realistically it's probably the fact that Nintendo designers are not the best storytellers and miss details like that.

Salem

SICK
Guys I'm aware that some people do that in real life, I was talking about it cause it felt out of place for me, or maybe that somehow Tarin isn't actually her dad and I missed that but however he is in fact her dad , so..

Correct me if I'm wrong, is she the only Zelda character to regularly call her parent by his name?
realistically it's probably the fact that Nintendo designers are not the best storytellers and miss details like that.
That's likely to be the real reason.:clap:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Sometimes I use their first names and other times I come up with nicknames like calling my dad papa smurf.
Epic lol. I call my parents "mom" and "dad", but sometimes "drill sargeant dad" because that's what my dad acts like when he's mad/annoyed/etc. Your nickname kicks my nickname's butt. Papa Smurf xD

I would agree it's a missed detail, something lost in translation, something like that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would pitch it to Marin not being more mature, however having an estranged relationship with her dad. I have a couple of IRL friends who call their parents by their first names and other such things. Those friends aren't on the best temrs with thei rparents; it's more like they're roommates than the parents' children so to speak.

Salem

SICK
I would pitch it to Marin not being more mature, however having an estranged relationship with her dad. I have a couple of IRL friends who call their parents by their first names and other such things. Those friends aren't on the best temrs with thei rparents; it's more like they're roommates than the parents' children so to speak.
What, was she?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom