• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why make another Zelda?

The real question is... why not make another CD-i Zelda? Just imagine exploring a massive overworld... where everything looks like a Faces of Evil cutscene. And Tingle is the king of Hyrule, and Zelda's face is literally just :bestcool:. It needs to happen.

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
To be honest i never totally understood all the hate on SS. Personally it's one of my favorite games of all time. Like i can kinda see where people are coming from with their problems with it, but i never really agreed with those being problems. Personally i enjoyed exploring the sky for new islands on my loftwing, and enjoyed exploring the lands below, even if they did feel a little tight and enclosed. I would probably go as far as to say SS is my favorite zelda game, even my favorite game period.

Even tho i love SS, i definitely do think a better game could be made, and this new game looks like it could do that for me. There is little in life i love more than the legend of zelda series, and i would be devastated if they ever stopped making games. Not because the games we have aren't good enough, or that i'm not content with what we have, but because they can always keep going forward. they can always keep adding more

onebizarrekai

gay energy
You know, I wish that people would just stop debating about Skyward Sword. There's the army of people who hate it, and the army of people who are defending it, and here I am, just sitting in the middle of it all, having evened out my opinions of it, not loving it or hating it. Yes, I don't particularly enjoy playing that game, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Here's another example of this when it comes to me: I don't like playing Chrono Trigger, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game! Worst of all, Skyward Sword is more than three years old now. Can people just take a break for once? Talk about something else!

I have no idea why ANYBODY would possibly ask a question as to why they would make another Zelda. Clearly this person likes to dwell on the past and does not look towards the future. Zelda is doing just fine. This whole 'Skyward Sword Incident' (I swear, that will be in a history book one day) is mostly based on people's opinions, and people keep talking about it rather than wondering, "I wonder what the next game will be like! Maybe I'll like it more!" But no. It's like they completely ignore the fact that there will be new games to come, and they may or may not be better. Let Nintendo take chances. Let them do whatever they want, and stop complaining.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They have already reached their pinnacle.

Lets be honest, everything will be a disapointment compared to Skyward Sword, and that is a FACT.

I think you mean OOT mate.
And although no zelda game or any game from another series will have the same impact as OOT, you are not considering the fact that people LOVE playing Zelda games. My favourite is TP, but I also enjoyed SS. I am glad they chose to make another game that has brought me and many others some joy.

Djinn

and Tonic
I like to think there is a very simple answer to any sequels or remakes happening. Spaceballs covered it nicely years ago

2225e3614ae0088d2cfcf1d22956691fe6f02976289e258a8e57ed6a6729e0f3.jpg

The Search for more Money

You know, I wish that people would just stop debating about Skyward Sword. There's the army of people who hate it, and the army of people who are defending it, and here I am, just sitting in the middle of it all, having evened out my opinions of it, not loving it or hating it. Yes, I don't particularly enjoy playing that game, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Here's another example of this when it comes to me: I don't like playing Chrono Trigger, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game! Worst of all, Skyward Sword is more than three years old now. Can people just take a break for once? Talk about something else!

I have no idea why ANYBODY would possibly ask a question as to why they would make another Zelda. Clearly this person likes to dwell on the past and does not look towards the future. Zelda is doing just fine. This whole 'Skyward Sword Incident' (I swear, that will be in a history book one day) is mostly based on people's opinions, and people keep talking about it rather than wondering, "I wonder what the next game will be like! Maybe I'll like it more!" But no. It's like they completely ignore the fact that there will be new games to come, and they may or may not be better. Let Nintendo take chances. Let them do whatever they want, and stop complaining.
This. Not to mention the fact that a sizable group of fans wanted change in the series; they just didn't want the changes that SS provided. They fail to acknowledge the fact that change rarely occurs overnight, and SS is just one game in a series of future titles on the road to whatever they think is a "perfect Zelda game." It's a long road paved with trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom