• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Majora's Mask Master Quest is a Good Idea.

For some reason a lot of people don't want MM MQ.
"MM is already hard enough, it doesn't need a MQ!" We don't want it because we think the game is easy, I know MM inside and out and I still think the game is hard, we just want it because we know it's a good idea. I personaly want MM MQ because it would be the next best thing to playing the game for the first time over again. OoT and MM are a pair, you can't have one without the other. They're both originaly for the N64 and MM is a direct sequal to OoT. Whenever OoT gets a port, MM gets one too. OoT and MM are both on The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, Oot and MM are both on the Wii Virtual Console, and MM will inevitably get a 3DS remake just like OoT. The only time OoT and MM weren't treated as a pair was when The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest was released, but the reason they chose to make a MQ of OoT and not some other LoZ game is because they never got to make Ura Zelda. Now there is a chance for us to have MM MQ, OoT 3DS had a MQ therefore MM 3DS should have a MQ because OoT and MM are a pair. If you think MM MQ will be too hard you don't have to play it.
"MM MQ will take too long to make!" MM 3DS could probably be made in two months, adding in a MQ probably wont take too long, maybe another month or two. We can wait four months.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
"OoT and MM are a pair." Please tell me how this is objective fact. The games are so distant from each other in all reality. Their gameplay mechanics are the same, but the way the games play out are so different. They're not a pair. MM is the only 3D game since OoT that wasn't remotely an OoT clone in terms of layout.

The arguments you are presenting in this thread are not as black and white as you make them out to be. A lot of people had enormous problem tackling dungeons and sidequests in Majora's Mask due to the three day time restraint. Making the game any harder would only lead to increased frustration. While a Master Quest also mirrors the overworld and dungeons as well as shifts focus from combat to puzzles, Majora's Mask literally means "side game" in Japanese and it's unlikely the developers over at Nintendo will ever install large renovations for the title.

The idea of taking too long to make a MM MQ is also completely taken out of context. The priority for 3DS should be to make a new Zelda game. The system already had one remake. New games always sell more than remakes for they introduce a world which no gamer across the globe has ever trekked.

Actually, it was the pre-release title that meant "side-game". It was called The Legend of Zelda: Gaiden before it got its official name Majora's Mask. That's what meant "side-game".

I appreciate the further explanation for the logistical side of the matter but that nevertheless does not alter the terms of the argument. Termina was a one time romp and it's unlikely we'll ever see the demon Majora ever return apart from an allusion in a future game.

I restate my commitment to a new 3DS title over a Majora's Mask remake no matter how many added perks it boasts. New installments always produce more money and Nintendo will place any and all remakes on the back burner.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I appreciate the further explanation for the logistical side of the matter but that nevertheless does not alter the terms of the argument. Termina was a one time romp and it's unlikely we'll ever see the demon Majora ever return apart from an allusion in a future game.

I restate my commitment to a new 3DS title over a Majora's Mask remake no matter how many added perks it boasts. New installments always produce more money and Nintendo will place any and all remakes on the back burner.

Well, of course. The fact still remains: it's a side-game. You just had your facts wrong. ;)

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I would be all for a MM MQ but I can't see that working - the entire game is limited to that 3 day time frame and on top of that, the dungeons, even though they are tough and frustrating, are pretty linear in comparison to OoT. There is no way you could pick up a key and use it on a locked door and then spend hours hunting for the next key. It was more about the puzzles which is why I don't think they would be able to reprogramme the "order" of a dungeon. Especially Stone Tower Temple - Do you really want to be exiting and re-entering several times in order to flip the dungeon for keys just to have to exit, re-flip and work your way back to the locked door? That would really frustrate me!

Nintendo doesn't make remakes. They have other people do it for them. Ergo, it is still considered on the back burner. And you always cook on the back burner. Little children could burn their hands." Curiosity flambéed the cat ", after all.

A lot of people had enormous problem tackling dungeons and sidequests in Majora's Mask due to the three day time restraint. Making the game any harder would only lead to increased frustration.

They don't have to play it if they don't want to. Besides, I think you're exagerating. I was 7 or 8 when I played MM and the three day time limit gave me no trouble at all.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Good point in that it would feel new again. I felt that way with MQ for Oot. It would give it a new layout for those of us who have played it so much. I wouldn't mind the extra challenge. it wasn't that hard of a game but definitely harder than most other Zeldas.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Only Anju and Kafei gave me trouble.

I have to agree with you on that one! I would always get to the point where I would be helping Kafei get his mask back from Sakon and I would keep stepping on those red switches and the we'd be trapped so I'd have to play the Ocarina and start Kafei and Anju's sidequest from the beginning Q_Q

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They don't have to play it if they don't want to. Besides, I think you're exagerating. I was 7 or 8 when I played MM and the three day time limit gave me no trouble at all.

Hate to say it but I think everyone who complained about 3 day system didn't (ab)use it correctly. Song of Double Time and Reverse Song of Time are your friends!

Anyway, MM MQ would be fantastic. For the one who played only OoT, then got OoT3D, Master Quest was like a totally different game. The same could apply for those who buy the theoretical MM3D. You get more bang for your buck that way, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom