• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Why Majora's Mask 3D Makes Sense

Should Majora's Mask 3D Be made?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares!

• No!

• Total voters

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
Hi, All.
I'm here to explin to you why Majora's Mask 3D
Would Make sence, and be made soon, mabie even before The Legend Of ZELDA : 3D, or The Legend Of ZELDA : U
I'm going to start off explaining what Majora's Mask (MM) Is:
Majora's Mask is one of the most ominus Zelda games Video Games Out There.

You've Met With A Terrible Fate, Haven't you?
-Happy Mask Salesman

2rzz981.jpg

That was the Motto Of the game, and just by knowing that, you know it is dark.
Anyways the story starts off as you going thrugh some woods on epona, epona stops for a moment, a fairy pops out and scares her, you get robbed by a mysterious lost child or Skull Kid
that is wearing a strange mask.
you, Link comits a chase, but Skull Kid jumps on epona riding off, your hanging on her leg and get knoked off.
when you finaly catch up with skull kid he turns you into a Deku Boy and runs off, but one of the fairys he has (He has two) stops to slow you down by pounding you in the face: But gets left behind.
so you team up with him, then you are in this strange room, there are gears, a small river/stream, and you go up theese stairs and before you go out a door you meet the mask salesman, then you go out the door, do a bounch of kid stuff (LITERALY!) and when you get to majora, teal, the fairy thats still with him says:
"Swamp, Mountion, Ocean, Canyon, Hurry Get the four who are there, bring them here!"

105e8ph.jpg

Then, you hit him (Skull Kid) with Bubble Blast A newly learned attack. You get your ocarina; the Ocarina Of Time you have a flashback, you learn the song of time, you play it, time resets, you meet the mask salesman, he teaches you the Song Of Healing witch restors you to normal, he askes for the mask skull kid was wearing (you promised to bring it to him) you look downward, he starts shaking you, he explains the evil of the mask, and you set off to the Swamp.

What are you saving? COME ON! YOU DIDN'T Notice the Moon! ITS FALLING!

29bkhev.jpg

anways, one reason Majora's Mask should be rermade is remakes usualy bring in LOTS more money than new games.
Another is Operation moonfall is the most supported remake operation i've ever seen, NINTENDO PAY ATTENTION!

108buvo.jpg

also, it makes no sence at all to remake a game, but not its seqyual, especialy when its being demanded by tons of people.

It wont take long to make, it origanaly took a year, 11 months mabie, with todays technolagy tha'd be about 1 month, 6 at the most!

If they are remaking it, but hiding it, then they're probaly working on things that were not there before
It could be stuff like:
  • Online Item Trading (No masks) (Tha'd be easy)
  • Goron Race Track Edittor, w/ sharing online, and racing online (a bit hard)
  • Textures beter than OoT 3D (CAKE!)
  • That Part with whats his face.. Kafi? anyways, that part 2 player (Hmm, local> Easy Online> a bit hard)
  • Mask Maker (Probaly not) (Difficult)

No Matter whats new, or old in MM3D, we still want it.
People have already designed box arts too! Take a Look:

mins53.jpg

30nkyud.jpg

34pmmig.jpg

ix6suq.jpg

Here is a Vid for one of them:
[video=youtube;Ps8keCDDwJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8keCDDwJk[/video]

Theres also a custom 3Ds!

903o1c.jpg

Here is a PIC I Made a while back:

1pdl6p.jpg

People realy want majora's mask 3D as you can see.
The only question is; Do you?
Thank you for your time! ( I Might add more later!)

Comment, and like!

Links:
http://operation-moonfall.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should of been announced instead of WWHD, but you can't really do much about it. look at it this way, the recent Nintendo Direct was solely aimed at the Wii U and all it did was announce future plans for it. It completely disregarded the 3DS and revealed no plans for it. What we need really is a repeat of the Recent Nintendo Direct, but focuses on the 3DS, and hopefully Nintendo could talk more about Zelda in general. I still believe in the idea of Majora's Mask 3D being made, it's just we need Operation Moonfall to kick start again and really beg Nintendo for it. A Wind Waker remake didn't have much support but Nintendo went with it anyway, why not go for what the fans really want?

Kirino

Tatakae
It would be nice, but between MM3D, WWHD, and OoT3D there has been way too many remakes lately.

Drahsid

I think it should of been announced instead of WWHD, but you can't really do much about it. look at it this way, the recent Nintendo Direct was solely aimed at the Wii U and all it did was announce future plans for it. It completely disregarded the 3DS and revealed no plans for it. What we need really is a repeat of the Recent Nintendo Direct, but focuses on the 3DS, and hopefully Nintendo could talk more about Zelda in general. I still believe the idea of Majora's Mask 3D being made , it's just we Operation Moonfall to kick start again and really beg Nintendo for it. A Wind Waker remake didn't have much support but Nintendo went with it anyway, just one big push will make Majora's Mask 3D a reality.

Wind-Waker in 3D... They said Cel-Shaded was over. Did they not?
I persanaly thing Wind_Waker was made for home consels, not portable.

It would be nice, but between MM3D, WWHD, and OoT3D there has been way too many remakes lately.

MM3D isn't made.
if it is, when did I miss that!?!?!?!?

Yeah... I guess it'd be neat to see all of my favorite characters, locales, and enemies in updated graphics, but I couldn't care less about that whole "3D" gimmick. Just so long as they stick to the original gameplay and suchlike, I am all for it. Here's to hoping "MM3D" is released at some point in the future...

Wind-Waker in 3D... They said Cel-Shaded was over. Did they not?
I persanaly thing Wind_Waker was made for home consels, not portable.

I know that. I was saying that a remake of the Wind Waker in any shape or form wasn't supported as much as Majora's Mask 3D if not at all, and with the fans support it got, It just doesn't make sense why Nintendo didn't go with the fan's desire.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Of course it makes sense xD

WWHD was a bit of a shock but a good shock! MM3D would also be a nice little surprise if they decided to remake it I would certainly be happy but it seems most likely for 3DS so it would mean that I would have to buy myself one :(

Drahsid

I know that. I was saying that a remake of the Wind Waker in any shape or form wasn't supported as much as Majora's Mask 3D if not at all, and with the fans support it got, It just doesn't make sense why Nintendo didn't go with the fans desire.

Possible Reasons:
  • They Hate us D:
  • They don't Care
  • Its a joke?
  • Nintendo was high.

I think it should of been announced instead of WWHD, but you can't really do much about it. look at it this way, the recent Nintendo Direct was solely aimed at the Wii U and all it did was announce future plans for it. It completely disregarded the 3DS and revealed no plans for it. What we need really is a repeat of the Recent Nintendo Direct, but focuses on the 3DS, and hopefully Nintendo could talk more about Zelda in general.

If Iwata follows through on what he said, there will be another Nintendo Direct focusing on the 3DS soon. How soon, I don't know, but it's what he said.

At any rate, I am generally a supporter of Operation Moonfall, but not an avid supporter. In other words, I'd love for Majora's Mask to be remade on the 3DS, but not for a "just because" reason. "Just because" Ocarina of Time had a remake? "Just because" it's the next three-dimensional installment after the aforementioned game? If this is all Grezzo is going to do with it, I'd rather they spend their time on something else...like a fleshed-out spin-off.

But I do have reasons I'm a supporter of the Operation. For one, MM's cutscenes and scenery all but beg for a rendition in stereoscopic 3D. Picture the opening sequence when Majora's Mask comes spinning toward the camera ominously, but suddenly it's going too far and flying at you, as if reaching out to your soul... More philosophical soliloquizing. But the game could make better use of 3D than OoT, I'm fairly certain.

I also want MM3D to add on real additional content, not just a boss rush mode and Sheikah Stones. If they made a Master Quest specifically for it, all the better, but that still sounds more like a port than a remake. What about a real "New Day" mode after beating the game that lets you run around, do what you like, and see what happened to the people you helped? What about Nintendo Network integration that gives you more Bomber's Notebook sidequests, masks, and dungeons? What about a whole side area that challenges you by letting you destroy a horde of monsters as the Fierce Deity? Or remixed music?

I want significant changes for MM3D, not just, "Well, we made OoT in 3D, might as well make the sequel." Yes, Grezzo is independent, but they could still use their independence to make brand new games and not obligatory remakes.

Long story short, I support Operation Moonfall, but I agree with Axle the Beast. If that makes any sense.

Drahsid

If Iwata follows through on what he said, there will be another Nintendo Direct focusing on the 3DS soon. How soon, I don't know, but it's what he said.

At any rate, I am generally a supporter of Operation Moonfall, but not an avid supporter. In other words, I'd love for Majora's Mask to be remade on the 3DS, but not for a "just because" reason. "Just because" Ocarina of Time had a remake? "Just because" it's the next three-dimensional installment after the aforementioned game? If this is all Grezzo is going to do with it, I'd rather they spend their time on something else...like a fleshed-out spin-off.

But I do have reasons I'm a supporter of the Operation. For one, MM's cutscenes and scenery all but beg for a rendition in stereoscopic 3D. Picture the opening sequence when Majora's Mask comes spinning toward the camera ominously, but suddenly it's going too far and flying at you, as if reaching out to your soul... More philosophical soliloquizing. But the game could make better use of 3D than OoT, I'm fairly certain.

I also want MM3D to add on real additional content, not just a boss rush mode and Sheikah Stones. If they made a Master Quest specifically for it, all the better, but that still sounds more like a port than a remake. What about a real "New Day" mode after beating the game that lets you run around, do what you like, and see what happened to the people you helped? What about Nintendo Network integration that gives you more Bomber's Notebook sidequests, masks, and dungeons? What about a whole side area that challenges you by letting you destroy a horde of monsters as the Fierce Deity? Or remixed music?

I want significant changes for MM3D, not just, "Well, we made OoT in 3D, might as well make the sequel." Yes, Grezzo is independent, but they could still use their independence to make brand new games and not obligatory remakes.

Long story short, I support Operation Moonfall, but I agree with Axle the Beast. If that makes any sense.

Good reasons, and a dawn of a new day where you see what happens to the people? mabie they'd do random stuff that never happens again; like in Zombie U.

I agree that they should add more content to it. This seems like a long shot, but if they made Majoras Mask 3d I think it would be amazing if they had a directors cut mode after you beat the main game. Since Majoras Mask doesn't have a master quest like OoT does they could instead restore some of the planned content for the N64DD release, like the original 7 days instead of 3, and extra dungeons.

Relating to the first post though, I would like to see a new 3DS Zelda first before they remade Majoras Mask, just because of the remake fatigue. That being said I will not be getting Wind Waker HD because I think it's unnecessary and Wind Waker still looks great. Majoras Mask on the other hand deserves a graphical remake, I honestly think Ocarina of Time graphics still hold up but Majoras Mask's graphics don't, it's just so muddy looking.

Drahsid

I agree that they should add more content to it. This seems like a long shot, but if they made Majoras Mask 3d I think it would be amazing if they had a directors cut mode after you beat the main game. Since Majoras Mask doesn't have a master quest like OoT does they could instead restore some of the planned content for the N64DD release, like the original 7 days instead of 3, and extra dungeons.

Relating to the first post though, I would like to see a new 3DS Zelda first before they remade Majoras Mask, just because of the remake fatigue. That being said I will not be getting Wind Waker HD because I think it's unnecessary and Wind Waker still looks great. Majoras Mask on the other hand deserves a graphical remake, I honestly think Ocarina of Time graphics still hold up but Majoras Mask's graphics don't, it's just so muddy looking.

Atleast Majora's Mask Looks (Alot) More Graphicle than Skyward Sword.
And somthing that would be cool is if they make some extension required to play it on 3Ds to make it more graphicle (Like the expansion pack on the N64) it could be somthing that adds to its RaM, VRaM, or CPU & Pageing File Maxes.
Although this wouldn't happen.
but we all can hope for Majora's Mask 3D!

Deeds

no text
I do agree. Like others have said, it's quite weird to make a remake where a huge petition hasn't been made for it. Like Majora's Mask 3D has. Hopefully they'll announce it in the near future, for a big suprise. It could be a bridge game for Zelda 3DS, like WWHD is for ZeldaU. That would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom