• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Link Should Be More Like Aeron/Ende from Pandora's Tower

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
linkartwork1twilightpri.png

I have to admit, this is more for the european user of Zelda Dungeon. Or everyone, who was able to import Pandora's Tower. All should know now, this game has yet to released in the Americas.

It is quite a long time since my last post. But I visited the page daily. I just don't had much to say in the past months.

I hope, this post is not misleading to much. It is not a Thread like: Oh, Link is so stupid, Aeron is much cooler blah. It's more something like: This would be a nice feature for the upcoming Zelda.

Currently, I'm playing Pandora's Tower. I'm totally impressed. A great game. It's a bit like The Legend of Zelda, but in a very strange way. Aeron and Helena are pretty much like a Tim Burton Version of Link and Zelda. But there is something about Aeron (I've heard, both characters are called Ende and Seres in the japanese version). Aeron acts a bit like Link. He hasn't much to say. Most of the time, he only uses gestures. But, and this is a really cool feature, he have some dialogue. He even got a voice actor who is doing more than just moaning or screaming. All the time, I was thinking, it's bad for Link to have an own voice actor, who is, actually, talking. But, it's actually would become really cool. Aeron is only talking a few dialoges. Or is calling out for Helena/Seres. It's totally for the atmosphere. He is not mute, but still a very mystic character.

A semi talking Link, I have no problem with that. What is your opinion about that? Did someone play Pandora's Tower? I hope, someone is able to agree with me (well, at least a bit).

[video=youtube;C1P3EwQcFDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1P3EwQcFDM[/video]

Last edited:
I've always thought this, and while I dislike Aeron, i've always assumed that if Zelda made the jump into voice acting, the Link would say very little anyway and leave the talking to his surrounding characters.

During gameplay characters never really talk since they're alone so often as they move through their quests. So its only really in the cutscenes that the voice acting really matters at all. I do like the way they hand Aeron, he is as shy as Helena when he speaks and is somewhat intimidated and untrusting of Magda, the voice acting in project rainfall of which Pandora's Tower is part was quite good, at least my british copy boasts some decent voices...

With Link though it'll depend on his personality, so we'll see, I've never really viewed Link as a shy or suspicious type so for him to be like Aeron may not work out completely but the idea of him saying little during the cutscenes has always been a thought for me and i still believe nintendo will keep Link's lines to a bare minimum if he were to speak in the future.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Ah, you share a part of my opinion Spiritofzant. You dislike Aeron? May I ask, why? He is very handsome and not one bit arrogant like so many Characters from Final Fantasy. I also liked the voice acting very much. So sad, they changed the names of all characters.

Yes. I think so too, Link should only talk in cutscenes. In important moments. It may sounds strange at the beginning, but this could really work well for the upcoming games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom