• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Is Zelda So Serious

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Why is Zelda so serious in Twilight Princess. When you first meet her she's quiet probably because of what happened to Hyrule. Later she is for no reason and she talks all fancy. Maybe because of her being part of the Royal Family and almost Queen Zelda. Please Discuss this!

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
Midna tried to lighten it up, and Zelda replied with, "Midna, this is no time for levity."

The only time I really ever saw a Zelda act like a child was in MC, during the Picori Festaval.

Tp is a very dark game. It's just a way of keeping the game at it's seriouse level. I mean, you couldn't have all that darkness during the whole thing and then have the princess cracking jokes in the end.

Jetter

Well I guess in OoT she was serious as an Adult too. I guess it's the Adult Zelda's that take it more seriously.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Why is Zelda so serious in Twilight Princess. When you first meet her she's quiet probably because of what happened to Hyrule. Later she is for no reason and she talks all fancy. Maybe because of her being part of the Royal Family and almost Queen Zelda. Please Discuss this!
Why wouldn't she be? Look at her situation.

Her personality is also different. She's a different Zelda, so why would she have the same personality as another? She also appears older, around early 20's. Her entire design shows us these things. Instead of colors that are more like pink or bright, her colors are a subdued purple... lavender. Her color palette is that of an older, more mature character. Similarly, her hair is also darker. Ocarina of Time!Zelda had a brighter wardrobe and light color palette (pinks, bright blues, blonde hair) because she was younger and more lighthearted (despite her situation...) compared to Twilight Princess!Zelda. Younger/less mature/naive/etc characters usually have brighter, more colorful palettes while older/more mature/wiser characters usually have darker palettes. They could have given TP!Zelda a dark purple palette, but that would have made her appear too stoic. Lavender, while a color choice for more mature characters, also symbolizes care/tenderness, which TP!Zelda displayed in her sacrificing herself to save Midna.

Twilight Princess!Zelda is... almost stoic in her personality. She's just a lot more collected, she's wiser, she's more mature. She's older. If her personality was like Ocarina of Time!Zelda's or like Tetra's or like TMC!Zelda's... it just wouldn't have fit her role in Twilight Princess. TP!Zelda's position is also a lot different. She had to surrender her kingdom and was taken prisoner.

Her situation was pretty dire. In OoT, Zelda didn't have the option to surrender. Ganondorf wasn't a character who'd even consider that- he was all about killing off just about everybody he could. In TP, Zant was willing to make a deal, even though it was in his favor. So, Zelda had a lot to worry about. Any wrong move would cause further suffering to her kingdom.

And... of course the Adult Zeldas take their situations more serious. They're adults. TMC!Zelda and even Tetra were not nearly as mature. They cared about their kingdom/duties/whatever as much as they could, but their maturity levels can only be so high if they are still kids.

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Well, of course she's pretty serious. She's looking down at the entire kingdom, in danger of being taken over and falling completely into darkness, under the rule of horrible people. I'm sure quite a few people would be serious if they were in such a serious situation. The situation everybody is in in the game is no laughing matter, especially for somebody as important as Zelda. I wouldn't be joking around if I were her, either.

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Well, if you hadn't noticed, none of the chosen people with Triforces ever seem to mess around or anything that much. Link only smiles once or twice, Zelda never smiled at all in the whole game, and Ganondorf just laughed in that evil way.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Well at least shes finally worthy of the the triforce, I mean...LoZ: Im going to sit here and not help link>AoL: I was stupid and im sleeping beauty now>ALTTP&TMC:never played :( >OoT: Yeah i told link to help almost destroy the world>TWW,PH,ST,FS/FSA: 10 YEARS OLD!>TP:basically already stated in the thread.

Jetter

Thanks for the reasons. I thought it sounded like a dumb question because I knew the reasons,but I wanted your takes. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom