• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Why is the Wind Waker So Expensive?

It's the only 3D zelda game I haven't beat (And once the oracles come out for the 3DS, it will be the only zelda game I haven't played). It's like 180 dollars new, though, and 35$+ used. I can't fork out that much for an old game cube game. It's ridiculous. Does anyone know why this is so expensive, and possibly where to find a better deal on it?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wager TWW's high price as of late is chiefly because of two things:
1) Limited availability - it's a GameCube game released about 10 years ago (and if it helps any, when it hit Player's Choice, people were buying the crap out of it)
2) Tons of hype for TWWHD which leads to #1 (so many people are buying TWW because HD will come out this fall - they want to reminisce)

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
The reason it's so expensive is because the GC version is the only release that game has had so far in the 10 years of it's existence. On top of that, the GC didn't exactly have a stellar install base, so most of the people who bought the wind waker were fans and have held on to their copy.

If you have a Wii U or are planning on getting one I would just suggest waiting for the the version coming out on that. =P Though in my personal opinion $35 is well worth the cost even for a used copy of the original version. :yes:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not planning on getting a wii u unless there is a huge price drop...

I have to say then, that you're out of luck. Not even my local gamestop, which is known for having cheap stock, is selling TWW for anything lower than $30. I suppose they have limited inventory as well, so they're selling thing at higher prices. I checked Amazon, the cheapest I saw was $40 used. And we can expect that TWWHD on release will be $60 (cheapskate Nintendo practices >_> )

I have to say then, that you're out of luck. Not even my local gamestop, which is known for having cheap stock, is selling TWW for anything lower than $30. I suppose they have limited inventory as well, so they're selling thing at higher prices. I checked Amazon, the cheapest I saw was $40 used. And we can expect that TWWHD on release will be $60 (cheapskate Nintendo practices >_> )

Maybe the price of the gamecube version will drop after the release of the HD version? I mean, how can they justify selling a used 10 year old copy of the game for over half the price of a brand new HD addition that's readily available in abundance at the store?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Maybe the price of the gamecube version will drop after the release of the HD version? I mean, how can they justify selling a used 10 year old copy of the game for over half the price of a brand new HD addition that's readily available in abundance at the store?

Because it becomes a collector item at that point. It's like the price of OoTV1.0 Gold Cart in mint condition: it's ridiculously high because everyone desires it. When TWWHD comes out - and it'll surely be available digitally - there will likely be an overabundance of copies [and then the fact that it's available digitally which means near infinite supply]. Compared to TWW which has so few copies on the market, which should cost more? The collector's item or the overstocked item?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Because you're trying to buy a new version. Get a used version...it costs $8-12. Why hell, I see one on Ebay right now for $10. If you must get a new copy, just get Wind Waker HD. The original is not worth anything over $20

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

DarkestLink

By that same token, TWWHD isn't either (assuming there aren't any additional changes bar a graphical change). :I Collector's items will always be priced highly

Can't judge yet. But regardless, it sure as hell isn't worth $60 when we own the game already. And I said it's not worth more than $20 because it's so easy to get one cheaper. If you think quality-wise it's worth over $20, then sure...but you're still kinda ripping yourself off there.

No. I am looking for a used version. The used versions are 35$+. Anything on ebay will be 35$ before it sells, which I cannot afford. I've been trying to get a copy off of ebay for days now. I agree that it doesn't seem worth more than 20 dollars, but I'd sure as hell like to have it.

DarkestLink

No. I am looking for a used version. The used versions are 35$+. Anything on ebay will be 35$ before it sells, which I cannot afford. I've been trying to get a copy off of ebay for days now. I agree that it doesn't seem worth more than 20 dollars, but I'd sure as hell like to have it.

I see one for $21. A tiny bit overpriced, but the shipping is free, so it balances out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom