• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Why is the text so tiny?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I never understood why they did this with Skyward Sword either, but here it's just jarring. Why did they make the text so small? There's still a lot of open space in the text box they could be using and now I have to sit really close to the TV to see it. x.x

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I never took issue with the size of the text. I don't like that annoying sound it makes when it comes up though.

Dan

Don't have any issues with the text myself. Would be nice to have the option to change the size of text, this option exists in some other games.
Maybe you need glasses though? :P

Salem

SICK
Now I feel discouraged to buy this game, I played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and it's text is too small I had to sit close to the tv.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Now I feel discouraged to buy this game, I played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and it's text is too small I had to sit close to the tv.
It's not the case at all. As members here could tell you. The text is nice and big, and easy to read

D

Deleted member 14134

What kind/size of TV are you playing on? I feel like if you're playing on a widescreen HD or better you should be able to read the text without issue.

How about why they have opaque egg yolk yellow shadows on white text so that it's practically unreadable? The majority of the text is a chore to read, and it's downright impossible to read the Light Spirits' dialogue because the text color matches the shadow so its just a big blob.

How about why they have opaque egg yolk yellow shadows on white text so that it's practically unreadable? The majority of the text is a chore to read, and it's downright impossible to read the Light Spirits' dialogue because the text color matches the shadow so its just a big blob.

That must be your TV's settings, because I can read that just fine.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My TV is widescreen. I can read it, but whereas with the original where I could sit 10 feet away and read it, now I gotta sit 2 feet in front of it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm sure the yellow outline has to do with all the retexturing[?] that Nintendo did. The graphics were much darker, but changing the brightness apparently made the text field a little too bright, haha.
How big is your TV? Do you use an HD cable or RCA connections?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom