• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is the Temple of Time in TP in the Sacred Grove?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I put it in the right topic but why is the ToT in the sacred meadow in TP when it should be in Hyrule Castle Town(from OoT) I don't know if it says this anwhere in the game or somewhere else but if it doesn't, what are your theories?

Last edited:

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Locations and such change over time in Hyrule. All this is in connection with timeline theories.

Originally, the Temple of Time was supposed to have an area that lead to the rear of the Lost Woods. That was way back in one of OoT's beta stage and isn't really that relevant here, but it is interesting to note before I give my actual reasoning. And remember, this is all left up to opinion. Nothing has been proven about this, but I'll give the most logical explanation for why things show up the way they do here.

Like Jesper said, things change. The period between OoT and TP was 100+ years and what I see happening is that the Lost Woods has grown over this period. If you take OoT, then you have TP next in line on that part of the timeline, then later on down the road you have ALttP, it makes perfect sense. In OoT, the Temple of Time was standing perfectly normal. 100+ years later in TP the Temple of Time has began to fall apart and only some rubble is now visable. No explanation for why it is falling apart but we know that it is. We also know that by this time the Lost Woods have began to grow around the Temple of Time. Later on, by the time of ALttP, we see that the Temple of Time is no longer visable at all, but the Master Sword is still in the same spot within the lost woods.

Basically, over the vast number of years between OoT and ALttP, we see that the Master Sword and its pedestal never change location, but the Temple of Time eventually disappears and the Lost Woods grow around it. TP just gives us a nice middle ground visual of this happening between those two titles. As for Hyrule Castle, the only thing you can logically say is that it moved over time. In OoT, it was right next to the Temple of Time. In TP, it was way north of the Temple of Time. In ALttP, it is south-east of where the Temple of Time once stood (the Lost Woods/Master Sword location). It doesn't make sense to say that the Temple of Time moved, but it does make sense to say that Hyrule Castle did.

Thanks, Jesper and Mr. Mosley. These were my thoughts on it also but I didn't post them because I thought they wouldn't make sense in my words but you explained it perfectly.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Mosley said:
As for Hyrule Castle, the only thing you can logically say is that it moved over time. In OoT, it was right next to the Temple of Time. In TP, it was way north of the Temple of Time. In ALttP, it is south-east of where the Temple of Time once stood (the Lost Woods/Master Sword location). It doesn't make sense to say that the Temple of Time moved, but it does make sense to say that Hyrule Castle did.

Or that Hyrule was simply retconed.

The castle is said to have moved because an evil is constantly recking the castle every hundred years or so. (Points to ganon invading the caslte over and over.) They feared it would return so they ran away to a different area. (Not too far aparrently.)

No. Quit making assumptions and writing them out as fact.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Basically, over the vast number of years between OoT and ALttP, we see that the Master Sword and its pedestal never change location, but the Temple of Time eventually disappears and the Lost Woods grow around it. TP just gives us a nice middle ground visual of this happening between those two titles. As for Hyrule Castle, the only thing you can logically say is that it moved over time. In OoT, it was right next to the Temple of Time. In TP, it was way north of the Temple of Time. In ALttP, it is south-east of where the Temple of Time once stood (the Lost Woods/Master Sword location). It doesn't make sense to say that the Temple of Time moved, but it does make sense to say that Hyrule Castle did.

When you think about it, the relative position of the Master Sword and Death Mountain remains close enough to say that in relation to each other they never moved. And when you think about it, in TWW, where in the alternate timeline the original Hyrule Castle was destroyed and apparently the crater left there expanded and filled in with water, the Sword still has the same relative position to Death Mountain. So I'd say it all matches up. The castle and towns move around, but the Master Sword, which is not movable by anyone except a hero that it chooses itself, always remains in the same place.

Pinecove

Last Chance
The Temple of Time isn't in The Wind Waker.
The Master Sword is located in the basement of the castle.

Also the area isn't Lake Hylia.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The Temple of Time isn't in The Wind Waker.
The Master Sword is located in the basement of the castle.
My point was that the castle was adapted from the ToT, with the MS still being in the same room, never having moved from its original location. Yes, your statements are true.

Also the area isn't Lake Hylia.
Also exactly what I said. That's just what some others think, and I'm trying to provide other possibilities. I should have made my previous post more clear.

C

calivino

inconsistencies

im sorry but a link to the past isnt even on the same timeline as tp, and that still doesnt explain why it went from a forested area in ss to a built up townin oot, then back to a forested place, alttp is alongside tp as in happens around the same time on different timelines, but it makes sence for the hylians that came down form the sky to settle around the sealed temple as their goddess statue was there and they worshipped it, that explains the castle town in oot, thenthe ransacking makes it revert to being a forested place, BUT the lost forest is in tp iswhere the sword is, and in oot the lost forest is far too far away from the castle to make sence! i just dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom