• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is That Woman Making Soup??

When I saw that my heart sank a little. Partially because Nintendo had chosen to include that in the trailer, and partially because I had hoped the Skyloftians would be Oocca or at least more exotic.

You might be able to get some soup once you get a bottle. That or she is cursed to forever make soup that will never be ready.

Lupine

Sacred Beast
It might be to show what Skyloft existence is like, which is much like life in Hyrule except for the fact that you can walk out your door and fall into infinity and beyond. It is peaceful, familiar to its inhabitants, and life carries out as normal until it's thrown into turmoil. The soup might be obtained later, too, as some kind of healing drink or it could help on a sidequest.

It's just showing the mundane lives of the citizens of Skyloft. Nintendo needed to show us a sort of antithesis to the fact that a large part of the game will be like a dungeon; you kinda need to be reassured of a "normalcy factor" in Skyward Sword. We don't want the game to SEEM like all dungeon all the time.

There of course also might be a chance that you'll be able to "take some soup with you" on your journey.;)

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Shes STARVING! And she has a family to feed D: --- Im honestly thinking it could be like Grandma`s soup in Wind Waker : D

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
The soup is a time-traveling serum that will allow Link to to move forward and backward through time to allow him to finish his quest finding the Cornerstones of Antiquity that are used to construct the Temple of Time, which is the entire purpose of the game.

;)

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Why is that woman making soup in the trailer? What does it mean to the game?? Any ideas?

That's easy. You have to visit the woman at the beginning of the game. This is going to be a side quest, which is finished by the end of the game. You have to collect ingredients for the soup. This is a big task. All the exotic ingredients are spread throughout the skies and the land below. But, if you really manage it to collect all ingredients, the woman will reward you. Rewarding you with the Overture of Sages which you can use in Ocarina of Time 3D. After that, you will finally be able to explore the Temple of Light.

Beeker

Wild Card
The soup is a time-traveling serum that will allow Link to to move forward and backward through time to allow him to finish his quest finding the Cornerstones of Antiquity that are used to construct the Temple of Time, which is the entire purpose of the game.

;)

This.

Naw, I think that this is just to show alongside the other people of the village of Skyloft, to show that there are normal lives being lived there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom