• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Why is it called phantom hourglass and spirit tracks pack?

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I don't see why this is called the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks pack i don't see anything from Phantom Hourglass. Sand Wand, Toon Zelda they are all from Spirit Tracks.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
It does seem like a misnomer, but I suspect they view those games as together, hence the eShop duo release.

There are loads of connections to Phantom Hourglass in this pack. The biggest connection is the Phantom Armour Toon Zelda uses which appeared in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Not only that but the adventure map is based on the worlds of the two games and the Phantom hourglass itself plays a key role on the adventure map. You've also got Item cards and unlockable Character and My Fairy Costumes that are based on Phantom Hourglass.

If you looked into the pack as a whole instead focusing on just the new character and the weapons, you'd understand better why it's called the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks Pack.

ToxicWolf1132

Super High School Level Despair
While I agree with the others that the hourglass is fairly prominent in the map, as well as several other references to the game, I also agree that there could have been more character/weapon specific references to phantom hourglass...sigh, maybe one day Linebeck

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
It does seem like a misnomer, but I suspect they view those games as together, hence the eShop duo release.

But only PH is available on e-shop worldwide. ST is only available on e-shop in Europe and Japan. It's obvious that you're referring to European duo release, which doesn't make sense to count in this case and terms since it was not worldwide.

So a European duo release means nothing here since, the worldwide releases are still separate. Heck, NA still doesn't have ST available in the e-shop, only having PH. While Japan only has ST on e-shop, still missing PH.

I think the name just relates to the fact the phantom hourglass and Spirit Tracks are directly linked games, which is rare for Zelda games. Neither has enough substance on its own to be a separate pack. If they made an Oracle of Ages/Seasons pack we'd probably see something similar.

I think I will need to download it now, knowing about the adventure map. Then again I don't have time to finish the base game.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
While I agree with the others that the hourglass is fairly prominent in the map, as well as several other references to the game, I also agree that there could have been more character/weapon specific references to phantom hourglass...sigh, maybe one day Linebeck
We can only hope. : P

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
I don't see why this is called the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks pack i don't see anything from Phantom Hourglass. Sand Wand, Toon Zelda they are all from Spirit Tracks.

Its cuz of how similar they are.
- same drawing
- ghost train/ship
and uh yeah

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I thought so too, however Toon Zelda is an incredibly fun character. I also wonder if they're saving some characters for a new Hyrule Warriors game later.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
They added some outfits which are recolors of some characters. Like Volga's GT outfit is a recolor of Byrne's outfit. I hoped they added more characters than just Toon Zelda. She's a freaking powerhouse and has great combos but I really hoped for at least one more character. But we suppose to get Yuga and Ravio in the next DLC plus there is one more spot open for a 30th character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom