• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why i think Zelda Wii U will be a 2016 title and opinions about Zelda 30 years anniversary!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Oh not another one.

2015 is the year Nintendo keeps telling us, it's the Date Aounuma himself is telling us. They were at the stage where they could add anything they want to in the game, that is how far along in development it is. It's nearly done. We are going to see it and be able to have it in our homes this year 2015.
It is too important to them to get it out on time for them to delay it.

Oh G-king you were right it is too important a title to delay. And yet they went ahead and delayed it anyway. They were nearly done as you said and now they have decided to take more time. The original ideas they had will be taken out and never seen again. We are actually not going to get the same experience we would have got had the game released this year. No, instead when we could have had two games. One being Zelda U and the next utilizing these ideas they are going to have to take so much more time to put it to the game they pretty much finished already.
5 years in between games is too long. SS did not live up to the expectations a game 4 years in the making had. And this game won't either. One of the best games in the series: MM was made in one year and it was the most unique and interesting of all.
You can only refine an experience so much before you change and loose the essence of what it was in the first place.

What's most interesting to me is the now open 2015 holiday release window. It's something that was inevitably going to go to to Zelda, and now it's open-- Starfix, anyone? Or X? I've no guess at this point, really.

To me, it seems as though Ainouma felt pressed by Nintendo to push for a 2015 release, but now, for some reason, they see themselves in a better position financially, and they've given him the green light to roll back the release and expand development.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
GTA games are released on multiple consoles at a time so it has a distinct advantage in regards to sales. It also has fewer games total so it's much more difficult for Zelda games to achieve the higher average score.

(please forgive me mods for going off-topic)
Maybe we should make another topic to dicuss it, lol. Anyway, I think GTA has, what, 10 games in its entire franchise(?). I guess it's slightly lower but not that by that much. Both are great series, but I think GTA peaks ahead due to its superior sales figures. Even if it is multi plat, GTA V sold 45 million to Skyward Sword's 3 million (and the game has been out 2 years less). I don't think it's even a competition which one generates the better sales figures.

5 years in between games is too long. SS did not live up to the expectations a game 4 years in the making had. And this game won't either. One of the best games in the series: MM was made in one year and it was the most unique and interesting of all.
You can only refine an experience so much before you change and loose the essence of what it was in the first place.
Completely agree, 5 years is way too long. 3 years should be the development cycle imo.

Reactions: Dio

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Maybe we should make another topic to dicuss it, lol. Anyway, I think GTA has, what, 10 games in its entire franchise(?). I guess it's slightly lower but not that by that much. Both are great series, but I think GTA peaks ahead due to its superior sales figures. Even if it is multi plat, GTA V sold 45 million to Skyward Sword's 3 million (and the game has been out 2 years less). I don't think it's even a competition which one generates the better sales figures.

That's quite the margin, I'll agree, haha. I guess I'll attempt to end this topic by admitting GTA must be a more approachable series, partly due to it being a sandbox game and not being dedicated to an adventure plot like Zelda games, particularly Skyward Sword.

In regards to the topic at hand, I think it's nice Zelda Wii U will be released on the 30th anniversary, despite it meaning getting the game at a later date. I'm positive it wasn't a factor in delaying the game, at the very least. I also believe that the festivities by Nintendo will not be as celebratory as the 25th anniversary in 2011, let's just see how it goes.

The score for gta I was talking about was the review of the games which falls far short of the review of Zelda games. Pretty much all of which are considered near perfect and several are considered (highly arguably) to actually be perfect by the vast majority of reviewers.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Should we rename this thread to the 'I told you so' thread?

So... no Zelda 2015.. no E3 appearance AT ALL... what i want to know is what Nintendo are going to fill E3 with now.

'E3 will be for games releasing in 2015' there better be a heavy amount of decent reveals... I cant imagine something like Metroid being revealed and released this year...

1. Maybe I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but I think their is a small chance that Nintendo will end up deciding to releases some information about the game at E3. It's unlikely but if it dose happen it will either be something related to the game it'self like concept art or more realistically an update on the development process that explains more about the change in development plans.

2. If nothing about Zelda U is mentioned this E3 then my best case scenario would be an announcement for a new Metroid, but your right there is no way one could be both announced and released this year.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I think the best possible thing for Nintendo to do in future would be to just not tell us they're making a Zelda game until a week before they release it. That way we might see it only a year after being announced.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I think the best possible thing for Nintendo to do in future would be to just not tell us they're making a Zelda game until a week before they release it. That way we might see it only a year after being announced.

Or just do what they did with ALBW, not say anything until the year that their ready to release the game. That way we at least get some information about the game before release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom