• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why i think Zelda Wii U will be a 2016 title and opinions about Zelda 30 years anniversary!

i REALLY Hope they Release something Special for the 30 Years of Zelda , like a 3D (and ofc 2D Too) Zelda Maker similar to the Map Building Tool from Valve ( TF2) or the RPG Maker (and Since Nintendo makes a Mario Maker for 30 Years Mario...)

Imagine : you can Create entirely new Characters like Lana with an Editor which lets you do Stuff with 2 Normal NPC Models , a Male and Female one
you can Change the Height Width , you can Create your Own Hair Style (like modelling Clay)

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
i REALLY Hope they Release something Special for the 30 Years of Zelda , like a 3D (and ofc 2D Too) Zelda Maker similar to the Map Building Tool from Valve ( TF2) or the RPG Maker (and Since Nintendo makes a Mario Maker for 30 Years Mario...)

Imagine : you can Create entirely new Characters like Lana with an Editor which lets you do Stuff with 2 Normal NPC Models , a Male and Female one
you can Change the Height Width , you can Create your Own Hair Style (like modelling Clay)

Don't forget, you would also be able to play as Linkle! :)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Zelda-Collectors-Edition-Cover.png

Maybe they will release something similar to this? Then again it'd be quite unneccessary since you can always download a majority of the old Zelda games.

Last edited:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Finally, someone with a brain! :) I like you. Yes, I also believe Zelda U will release next year also. That, another remake, another spinoff, or the next original 3DS Zelda. Something Zelda related will release next year, I can tell that much, mostly based on what Miyamoto said about multiple Zelda projects for 3DS being worked on. One of them is MM 3D, but if back to how Miyamoto mentioned "multiple" projects, this means that there is more than just MM 3D for 3DS on the way. This could very well mean another orignal 3DS Zelda is already in the works. If that's the case, we should a new 3DS Zelda release sometime next year or the year after. This all depends on when Zelda U releases and/or whenever next 3DS Zelda's development completes. Also, if the next 3DS Zelda uses same engine as ALBW or OoT3D/MM3D, we should expect a big chance for a 2016 release, however if Zelda U releases next year, then the next 3DS Zelda will be delayed to 2017. It all depends on what happens on Nintendo's part mostly and somewhat on our part as fans. Nintendo wants to make sure we are all satisfied with what they provide us.

I don't think he ever said "multiple Zelda's on the 3DS", he said before MM3D was announced that there is another 3DS Zelda game happening soon and that was MM3D.

And also Aonuma already said Zelda Wii U will release in 2015 twice, once at E3 and then during The Game Awards, he wouldn't keep confirming a 2015 release if he had a feeling it would be delayed till 2016, they wouldn't delay it till 2016 for the 30th anniversary because if they did then that means it would be delayed till November 2016 which would be a full year delay (Don't think it would be releaseing Feb 2016 because it wouldn't), and before you say "But Twilight Princess was delayed" That was delayed till 2006 because they wanted to launch it with the Wii, not because it was the 20th anniversary (which they didn't even do anything to celebrate)

I have a feeling there will be a 2016 Zelda to celebrate the 30th anniversary but it will likely be a collector's edition, or Hyrule Warriors 2, or another remake.

VitaTempusN92

I don't think he ever said "multiple Zelda's on the 3DS", he said before MM3D was announced that there is another 3DS Zelda game happening soon and that was MM3D.

And also Aonuma already said Zelda Wii U will release in 2015 twice, once at E3 and then during The Game Awards, he wouldn't keep confirming a 2015 release if he had a feeling it would be delayed till 2016, they wouldn't delay it till 2016 for the 30th anniversary because if they did then that means it would be delayed till November 2016 which would be a full year delay (Don't think it would be releaseing Feb 2016 because it wouldn't), and before you say "But Twilight Princess was delayed" That was delayed till 2006 because they wanted to launch it with the Wii, not because it was the 20th anniversary (which they didn't even do anything to celebrate)

I have a feeling there will be a 2016 Zelda to celebrate the 30th anniversary but it will likely be a collector's edition, or Hyrule Warriors 2, or another remake.

1) Yes he did say there where multiple. Look again:

Miyamoto: In addition to that, we have ideas for Nintendo 3DS which we have not announced yet, so I hope you will look forward to them.

He said "ideas" in plural, which means more than one! Sorry buddy.

2) Don't even think about getting me started on that buddy.

3) I don't think we'll be getting a HW sequel that soon, or another remake for matter. I think even the Zelda U delayed in favor of the next handheld game or the next handheld game or both most likely.

VitaTempusN92

2016 is the Metroid 30th year anniversary too. They ignored Metroid's 25th anniversary so they could promote Skyward Sword, maybe they'll ignore Zelda next year and promote Metroid.

As much as I love Metroid, Zelda should never and I mean never ever be ignored. Also, with all the hate that Other M got, Nintendo has been kinda gun-shy lately whenever it came to Metroid, scrapping any new concept of Metroid by far. We've already had two Metroid projects post Other M moment get cancelled within the five years. So I wouldn't expect an announcement of a new Metroid game any time soon. Especially since Nintendo is still just in the planning and concept stages for the next Metroid, they haven't even really started working on a project that they're actually satisfied with yet. So, we might not see another Metroid game for at least four more years or more. And by then, the new game might even turn out to be a reboot of the series, mostly because of the fans hating on Other M.

Delaying content to make it bug free and add new epic features as opposed to rushing it and releasing an inferior product will ALWAYS be the better option. That is why Zelda is the king of gaming and loved by its fandom unlike gta which is still releasing bugfixes and content they promised on/near release a year later. Heck some games released are unplayable on release. What is this nonsense?!? You rock on Zelda and keep making god tier games.

Delaying content to make it bug free and add new epic features as opposed to rushing it and releasing an inferior product will ALWAYS be the better option. That is why Zelda is the king of gaming and loved by its fandom unlike gta which is still releasing bugfixes and content they promised on/near release a year later. Heck some games released are unplayable on release. What is this nonsense?!? You rock on Zelda and keep making god tier games.
That's if you ignore the glitch festival that is Ocarina of Time. People can glitch beat the game in under 20 minutes.

Oh there have been glitches like in OoT and other games (Gamecube Majora's Mask infinite item spawn, and Wind Waker had a few graphical things) but there was nothing gamebreaking that took away from the enjoyability of the game. Any glitches were more like "secrets" you had to go out of your way to unlock and would not frustrate you in the course of just playing the game. If you don't want to beat the game in 20 minutes then just don't do the glitch, meanwhile if you want to play say the shooting gallery minigames you can easily do that without worrying the game is going to get a corrupted save file and you will wake up with a missingo head in your bed.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Maybe going off topic, but I wouldn't say Zelda is the "king of gaming", lol. In fact GTA, I'm pretty sure, has a slightly higher overall rating (critical) than the Zelda series and it blows it out of the water in terms of sales. Plus both are different games on completely different scales. GTA is a much bigger game than Zelda, so bugs are bound to be more common.

Anyway, I guess OP you were right. And I'm actually glad they're taking their time because this specific release looks like a much more ambitious project, so they need time.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Maybe going off topic, but I wouldn't say Zelda is the "king of gaming", lol. In fact GTA, I'm pretty sure, has a slightly higher overall rating (critical) than the Zelda series and it blows it out of the water in terms of sales. Plus both are different games on completely different scales. GTA is a much bigger game than Zelda, so bugs are bound to be more common.

GTA games are released on multiple consoles at a time so it has a distinct advantage in regards to sales. It also has fewer games total so it's much more difficult for Zelda games to achieve the higher average score.

(please forgive me mods for going off-topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom