• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I Love ZD

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
*Skims topic*

I've been here a year. What the heck?

I came here orignially when Mases used to have a fanart feature - a special little feature every month regarding artwork submitted to partner-site North Castle - personal picks for cool, interesting artwork. Multiple works of mine were featured - as in, I had an artwork on the monthly "hey, look at this!" topic for more than one month. Lady Juliet, owner and proprietor of North Castle would email me to let me know this, and link me to the thread. Eventually (this was after different works by me had been featured something like four or five months?) I was so flattered that I felt the need to register and post a topic thanking Mases for being so kind regarding my little fan arts. I *wasn't* planning on sticking around, because, to me, this was a "big forum" and therefore something scary. I was just "easing into" Legend of Zelda fandom/online disscussion - while I'd found something of a family-feel at North Castle, I feared what a bigger forum would be like. You see, I'd just come out of rather turmoiled anime/manga fandom. I'd been in enough stupid, knockdown-dragout fights that got spread through most of the fandom... and even to third-party "point and mock" sites that stick their noses into random internet fights..... argh. I was just, shall we say.. scarred. (It wasn't like I didn't deserve some of what I got, really, but... argh, I just didn't want to go anywhere where I'd get into constant stupid battles over something that was supposed to be entertaining and fun). I was having fun with the Legend of Zelda and I didn't want that run ruined like my last fandom was ruined for me, so, naturally, I thought "big forum... lots of people mean lots of potential for stupid...I shouldn't stick around."

Then, somehow, I got interested in some of the threads and got to posting on them and I saw people being friendly and respectful. And then people started telling me how much they liked my input, and people giving me Reputation...

And, well, it's a year later and I'm here.

I really like how this place is big on respect. There's a certain level of intelligence here and, even when there are different opinions on things, I haven't seen a lot in the way of putting people down - and when that happens, it's quickly nixed. The mods here do a great job... and most importantly, they actually *care.* I've been on communities where even the adminstrators/owners didn't give a whit about what went on or how their people treated each other - this place has it's "royalty" actually involved and caring.

Also, (this is going to sound real "classy," I know)... I like that people seem to really like and have a high respect for me here. I have problems with depression and the like. I have a hard time forgiving myself when I make mistakes. I'm used to thinking of myself as something lowly, and wondering if my thoughts and opinons are "wrong." Many people here seem to hang on my every word whenever I make a post - replying to agree with my posts, or tell me that I made them think... and then, having the multiple-bars of reputation and the "name known to all" is pretty special to me. It's one of those little things in life that tell me that maybe I'm not a screw-up... people actually think I'm intelligent and thoughtful! *Gasp!* Heh. In one of the forum games, I caught someone calling me a "legendary" fan fiction writer. I got called "legendary." That's special, too. It made me feel good. So, yeah, I like that I'm "high on the totem pole" around here.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
Most other forums I'm on (and I'm on quite a few, no other Zelda though) have a higher level of formality and there's not as much of a sense of community.

That's something I get here. I see a lot of people aren't afraid to talk about things not just having to do with Zelda, but life in general.

I dunno, but this is kinda my relax forum. Zelda is my favorite series and ZD's a good place to unwind after a long day and have some good fun arguing over timelines and other entirely inconsequential topics. :)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
So far, I love ZD because, well... it's about Zelda, and there's plenty of good discussions and fan works made by this community. Also, there are more of the higher-ups taking an active role in the community as members rather than just sitting back and occasionally wanting to flex their muscle when they're in the mood.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
Hmm, well, I don't really have much to say about the forums cause I don't use them very often... Awkward... I love ZD because I originally got into the online Zelda world rating fan-fictions as well as writing walkthroughs and guides for a website I had at the time. It ended up being hard to run the website by myself so I eventually just let it drop into oblivion. The drive to create things eventually brought me here to ZD where I sent in an application for Content Writer. Not sure how long it's been now, three+ years and I've loved it. Thanks ZD staff, arbiters and mods, for keeping a positive focus and ever moving forward. And a special thanks to Mases in particular for giving me a shot, striving so hard and doing such an awesome job keeping everything from exploding. A lot of you guys don't see all the stuff he does behind the scenes, but let me assure you, he does so much! :)

I joined way back over a year ago... in REALLY late 08. Stumbled across the site, really. I've never been a guy who knew much about top websites or anything, so I'd never actually heard of Zelda Dungeon, but I was starting to get obsessively into Zelda (been a fan my whole life, but it was passing into being my favorite series, eclipsing Metroid), and frankly I desperately needed a place to talk about it... an outlet really. :P

So I stumbled across here. I actually ended up emailing Mases about using some images for my site prior to actually joining. Then I did and exploded into doing tons of posting. I also joined right around when the podcasts started, which I found incredibly fun and consider almost like my "brother" on ZD. :sweat: It's indescribably cool to me that fast-forward roughly a year and I'm making guest appearances on them and doing the lightly related mailbag and video discussions. :)

I was frankly really drawn in by the way the community was run and the general sense of friendliness here. This might surprise you, but I've actually been caught up in some crazy **** on some other boards, and making tons of enemies even. The mods here know what the hell they're doing, and are just as respectable as the regular members. I made loads of friends here, and I think I'm on good terms with the vast majority of the member base. :) That said, I remember some of my earlier buddies who really made me feel welcome were Josh, Moosh_is_Cool, Mases himself, Skull_Kid and many others. There were my buddies who joined shortly before or after me, like Kitsu, Ver-go and Kazumi... and loads of other people I can't name. Everyone on my friend list really. ^^

Now I'm honored with both a moderator and site-staff position, and I just love being around. I'm honestly not as active on any other boards, ZD is my hangout. Cheers to it being so awesome, and let's make sure it stays that way. :)

And a special thanks to Mases in particular for giving me a shot, striving so hard and doing such an awesome job keeping everything from exploding. A lot of you guys don't see all the stuff he does behind the scenes, but let me assure you, he does so much! :)
Seconded. Hail Mases!

Majora's Cat

How about that
Though I'm sure that I'm somewhat late to this thread, I can assure people that I have no less love for this forum community than those who have been here much longer than me. Zelda Dungeon is respectful and caring - unlike another forum that I've been on *cough* GameSpot *cough*. People here are very nice and intelligent, much more so than other forums that I have experienced.

I may have only been here for a bit over a month, but I already feel like I've met some amazing people here and am flattered by some of the compliments that have been given to me. Though I'm really still quite a n00b, I find that the community has a lot to offer, no matter how much better older members say ZD was back in the day. To me, it's still an amazing website with tons of compassionate users. I realize by what HKs, HNs, Mods and Admins are saying, the forums are losing quite a bit of quality because of the new flow of users, but that only becomes inevitable when so many newcomers join. There are bound to be some not-so-great quality posts, but my opinion of ZD remains that it is just amazing - far more compelling than Facebook. :)

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I just love this place so, so much :kawaii:

I found out about ZD looking for OoT walkthroughs and noticed the forum. None of my friends played Zelda, I was getting pulled in, so I thought 'meh, why not talk to other people about it?'

When I first joined the forums my first visitor message was a 'welcome to the forums!' message from Arkvoodle :xd:

I just found it insanely kind and sweet how members would welcome others to the forums like that (On other forums I could have been there for a year and nobody would have noticed :dry:) and how everyone was so respectful of eachother's opinions, so I stuck with the forum and now I have a bunch of friends on here who like the same stuff as me :)

I just love this website! LONG LIVE ZELDEDUNGEON! LONG LIVE MASES!

Zelda Dungeon-wow. It's almost been eight months since I've joined.

aww look! its an old post from my brother.

ZD is my second Zelda community to be apart of. I have very much the same history as my brother, although I joined here a year later then he did. I like it here. I don't always agree with the things are. But this community thrives and people for the most part generally enjoy the company of others and that's what makes the topics interesting.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I came here last month, and made friends with people very quickly, I love you all, *kisses*, I love the quiet, peaceful forums, and nobody argueing, my first friends here were Blackice_cc and bellum, who is young, like me.
I am glad you all accept us young members, despite our age, and love chatting with Smitie and Amelie in the shoutbox.

The podcasts are always funny, and everyone has a great time, I have only been in an after-party before though, I think.
I started with a few posts, and then worked my way up to 100, getting reputation.
And now I have many friends, and I'm aiming to be a Hylian Hero when I am here for longer.

Somehow this thread ended up being nerco'd. I look back and see myself when I first joined. That's actually pretty interesting.

And now I have many friends, and I'm aiming to be a Hylian Hero when I am here for longer.
Fortunately, before I left, I actually achieved this, and was very happy with it. Today ZD is still a great community, despite it's large increase in size. Happy to still be around. :3

W

Wolfang31

I like this place because it helped me a lot for completing Ocarina of Time, finding missing Poes in TP, etc. An excellent resource for any Zelda fans!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
before I start I must say I got into the world of Zelda very late. Phantom Hourglass was my first ZD game I bought and also finished. After this I bought TP. But this oldie never heard of OoT... bad I know... But hey I have an excuse! I never have been a gamer :P
But after PH it changed. The first time I became interested was when I played SSBB and had to fight Link everytime. So this made me buy PH which was released at that time. After playing TP and OoT and WW I decided to search for Zelda on the net and that's how I came across this Site. I must say I like it here. The members are all pretty cool and the amazing thing is young and old(er) get along very well. Nobody here tries to feel you uncomfortable by acting like a -know-it-all. I have become friends with many members here and even though we all need a break from time to time I always feel at home here. I don't see myself leaving permanently anytime soon. Unless you guys force me to go and kick me out :P

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
You know what brought me to Zelda dungeon? People had interesting things to say about Zelda. That's not something that you can always find easily in the real world. You know what kept me coming back? I had something to contribute. I find myself in ZD because I like to share the things I know with other people. Not just in Zelda, but in life as well. I also like to share my creativity with others, thus I post art, sigs, stories , etc. The pay off has been really good as I my talents in all these areas have increased tremendously. ZD brings out good things in me and in return, I get to share those things with others.

Zelda Dungeon...how you have changed in the 7 and a half years I've known you.

My latest foray into this site's community on this particular board started around 3 years ago. I've seen this site go through many ups and downs with its community. Content on the front page has never really been in question - nor did I ever much care for it. I don't ever come here to gawk at the beautiful layout, nor do I ever sit and worry about how I'll get through a game.

I don't have many friends here, and I find a lot of things about this place frustrating. Yet, for some reason, I log in, I post, etc. Is it because LoZ.com alone isn't enough for me? Perhaps. I've been a member of ZU for many years, but I'm even less active there. I suppose what I "love" about ZD (if it could be said I truly love anything about it at all) is the fact that it brings happiness to those who post here regularly that I've only known at LoZ.com. While I wish we could share it there, I'm glad that there's a place that makes you feel as good as my warm, internet home does for me.

I've always felt like a guest here, an outsider, rather than a bona fide member of this community. Is this a self-imposed separation? Maybe. I daresay the "Fansite Worker" title I bear whenever I post doesn't do much to help. I've established myself already as "Xizor, from LoZ.com" rather than simply who I am by myself. But why shouldn't I? I am, in fact, Xizor from LoZ.com. It's who I am. I treasure greatly that place. And perhaps my relationship with LoZ.com is why I know and care about ZD at all. I am not sure if I'd ever bother with you guys if ZD and LoZ.com hadn't attempted to merge twice in the past, and nearly embark on a very ambitious project together.

My ties to this place are deep and old; love is not one of them, I don't think. Respect? Curiosity? Intrigue? Boredom? Maybe I'm inventing words to replace love with because I'm embarrassed to say it - though that itself is not an admission. I don't know, really. All I know is that I'll continue to post periodically.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Why do I love Zelda Dungeon.net, because you guys are like a family to me, I have allot of friends on here most of the people are real nice, and I would never have wanted to use ZD if they sucked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom