• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I Love ZD

linkman8

True and Noble
I've been here at ZD for about four to five years now, and I've been a moderator for, I think, three to four of them. Since I first came to this place back in 2005, I loved the entire atmosphere, I suppose.
We're kind of in the middle between a large and small-scale forum, the medium where everyone knows everyone else and talks to majority of them on a common basis, be it on the forum or on the shoutbox. We've been that way for as long as I can remember. I guess it's the community that's what I've liked the most about ZD.
Don't get me wrong, I love being a part of a Zelda-geared forum, because needless to say it's one of my favorite games, so that adds a nice big plus to it. On top of that, we also have some pretty interesting conversations here regarding Zelda or otherwise.
Boy am I going to miss ZD in a few years, providing I leave when I move on to college and whatnot. So many memories here.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Hmm... Inflexus loves me... Strange :p

Well, I used to work for another site (which will remain unnamed) as a webmaster. I was a content writer there for a while, but around January of last year people became very elitist, and I was tired of it. I came over to Zelda Dungeon and joined. Whenever my members annoyed me or I got sick of dealing them, I'd come over here and chat, and my members annoyed me quite often.

I became an Administrator on the forums, and a content writer when I resigned from my position in March of last year and joined Zelda Dungeon. About 2 weeks after my resignation, Mases asked me if I'd be interested in helping out Zelda Dungeon. Now, to be honest, I don't quite understand why he did ask me to join him. None of the content I'd ever produced was in the same league as Zelda Dungeon, but he asked me to anyway. I'd guess he saw some potential in me somehow...

Shortly after that (much to my dismay), I ran into a few problems and had to temporarily leave the site, and might have to take another leave (though hopefully much shorter) soon when I move to attend college. In the short time I've been around this place I've made many friends. If I ever have to leave, I'll miss this place. In the past couple months, it's been my getaway from school and work...

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I love ZD because it's a fun place to be. The content in the forums is always changing, and the moderation is good, but not obnoxious. Other forums I have been to are either so heavily moderated that it is really dull, or, there is so little it is aggravating.

I've made several friends here, and that really makes a big difference.

Plus, Caleb works here, so I kinda have to be loyal :)

I initially joined ZD as a way to talk about Zelda (duh) with people who actually know about it. Not many of my real-life friends can talk much on the subject.

You guys are such a friendly bunch. You always accept people, no matter what their age, race, gender or level of obsession with Zelda is. :lol: Even though real life stuff will get in the way sometimes, I'll always come back and post my various theories on obscure portions of the Zeldaverse. ZD Forums rule!

On a side note, the actual site is cool too, because I can use the guides available and the picture gallery has heaps to look at.

Let's see... I don't really know what compelled me to join the forums, but I'm sure glad I did. Being home schooled, and having most of my friends go to school, I don't get to see them very much. So here is always a good place to come and chat about life, video games, and basically anything. And no-one will care if you're totally off your rocker =D.

Besides that, I've met many people from all around the world (THE DUTCH ARE COMING!), I've learned a bit about Zelda, I've had interesting discussions, the list goes on. What keeps me coming back is mostly the people (well duh, without people, we wouldn't have much of a forum, now would we?). And then, not long after Inflexus was promoted, BANG, I turn yellow. And then moderator, and then moderator of everything =D. And now staffer.

Granted, there have been several times when I get that "do I really want to go on today?" feeling, and don't come here for a few days. But that usually passes, and I feel like having a nice long chat with my internet buddies.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I've been coming to ZD since 2004. Yeah, long time, I know. I really don't know what keeps me coming back. I certainly don't read the guides on the main page... Originally I would come here to read the news updates, because believe it or not, they were flowing back then. I would lurk around the old ZD forums, but I never posted. Uhh... I guess what keeps me coming back now... is an interest in the community. I like how these forums have progressed, and I like the constant activity. It's refreshing... coming from a pretty much dead community and all.

I've been here ..not very long.

I'll just say that it is the only LoZ board place that I know of, that actually still posting with such enthusiasm about the games. Your passion reminds me of teh old Zelda Community days.

...but at the same time, it becomes kind of scary. =P

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
About seven months ago I joined Zelda Dungeon. The site wasn't new to me. Back when I still frequented Zelda Dimension (the other ZD :P), Zelda Dungeon got mentioned quite often. At the time I didn't feel like joining another Zelda forum since I was visiting too many already. Looking back, I regret not registering sooner.

The last seven months here have been wonderful. I met new people, but also saw some familiar names. What I like about Zelda Dungeon so much is that everyone's nice to each other. Regardless of age, experience or other factors. The fact that a Zelda site remains true to its roots, namely Zelda, is also is something I applaud. I would have never imagined I could ever reach the HH rank, either.

Now, I'm not going to mention any names. I'm afraid I'll forget some people, and I don't want anyone to feel left out. I just want to thank Zelda Dungeon and its members for the past seven months. I know my activity has been somewhat lacking, but I hope things have cooled down here in a few weeks.

Stella3000

Starlight
Aw, this thread is so cute. ^^ Spread the love! lol.

Why do I love ZD? I came here for very different reasons than why I've stayed here.
It all comes down to the people here. You all are just so awesome. I've not always been treated in ways that were fun for me here, though. However, you guys have always treated me in ways that I feel (looking back) I needed to be treated. As if you all had my best interest in mind. I respect that a great deal, and I am grateful for it. ZD has helped me grow up some what; and that is mainly why I love ZD. :)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I have to say that this community is really friendly, which is something that caused me to sign up to post in the first place, and it's what continues to bring me back here as well. Having a community that doesn't flame each other all the time is a dying idea on the Internet. I'd say all the forums I (used to) visit on the net mainly consist of this pattern:

-Someone posts a legitimate discussion topic or question
-Response 1 makes fun of the new topic, and calls the person who posted it stupid
-Response 2 is in defense of the original poster, but reams out R1 in an undignified way
-Response 3 is the original poster adding his two swear-filled cents
-Response 4 is the moderator shutting down the thread and telling everyone that they hate their job as a mod.

This is tiresome to no end, and I see it all the time. I love ZD because I have yet to see this pattern emerge. Maybe there's the occasional problem, but I have yet to really see it. I've had great discussions here and have not felt wary about posting for fear of being flamed. That's something nice to look forward to when visiting the board instead of comign back to see if your thread's been shut down as a regular event.

At any rate, I'm probably rambling, but that's a big factor of why I love ZD. Also, it's great to see so many people here sharing their love for Zelda, especially since I don't know anyone in the 'real world' who really knows the games beyond a casual knowledge of their exsistence.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
There are many reasons why I like ZD.

1. I like ZD cause it's friendly. The people here are kind and gentle, though there may be some interesting bunches or some trolls, nevertheless, I feel at home here. People Like Axle, Dark Princess, Arkvoodle and Durion are nice. Meet them, They're a cool bunch of people to be with :).

2. I like the threads and posts here, they are carefully thought out. Though sometimes there can be errors, that does not matter. The threads here are unique in their own way and i can't put words into it.

3. I like that this Site has a Shoutbox, I like to post at threads but nothing beats when you chat with other people. It gives ZD a feeling of hospitality and home-ness.

4. I like Zelda. And This site fits the puzzle. enough said.

That's it.

octorok74

TETTAC
I originally went to ZD to look at the walkthroughs, but then I noticed the forums. I joined the forums, because I thought I could more information on the games then what the walkthroughs provided. I was right. Not only did I get more information, but I became friends with people from around the world. About a week after joining the forums, I recieved my first two friend requests. They were from Midna666 and Kitsu. Being new to the forums I immediately accepted their friend requests. Almost two weeks after I accepted Kitsu's friend request I saw him in the Shoutbox giving lectures on various subjects.

The following months, I received a few more requests, but I sent out more. Nearly everyone accepted my friend requests which surprised me, because I was still considering myself a young member. The more people that became my friends, the more comfortable I felt. I felt so comfortable that not only did I tell people my full name, but I also released my house address. Well, not my address, but I did feel comfortable enough to do it though. I considered everyone on the forums my family, in fact, I consider some of my friends on here to be closer to me then some of my actual family members. Everyone here is just so caring that it just becomes a second home.

I have had my faults on here, just like everyone else. I accidentily called someone stupid and I can frequently mistake members genders, so if this has happened to any of you and it was my fault, then I am deeply sorry. I have been a member of the forums for over a year and half I believe and I doubt I will ever forget the members on here. I can tell any member anything that bothers me and they will not only listen, but they won't judge me.

I can't regularly get on, but when I do I go right to the shoutbox. I almost always get on when ChargewithSword is in the SB, so I frequently discuss stuff with him. And then Kazumi will join in and a big discussion will get underway. Everyone on this site shows respect to every member. I just wish that some of the people from my school were members so that they can see how I really feel. Every post I make I add feeling into it, that way I know that what I say is what I truly mean to say.

Well, I am now going to attempt to conclude all my thoughts into one paragraph. So the reason I love ZD is because of the members. They don't care who you are, how you act, or what your backround is, because once you log on they see you as you want them to see you. I want to thank all of the members on ZD for always having my back and for being the kindest people I know. The members here are truly my closest friends which may be odd, but I don't care. Not only is this my longest post ever, but I cried through the whole thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom