• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I Love ZD

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
Zelda Dungeon-wow. It's almost been eight months since I've joined.

I can say it's been quite a journy. Originally I was here just because I had nothing better to do. I had some other larger forum experience, but I couldn't stand being in such a large crowd like one of those. I wanted a smaller forum. And "The Dark World" was there.

I didn't care so much about the content initially. Not until I started with AoL, lol. I did care about the community, the people. I quickly met up with Blackice and Twili123Prince, and others. I met Mercedes, who was an old time friend from another fansite, LoZ.com. It was refreshing.

Becoming an Arbiter, then a moderator, was quite possibly the highest honor I've received online in years. Mases picking me to do a job was one of the best things I've had happen on the internet. I eventually got put in charge of the MD, and I've been content ever since.

Sure, I've had plenty of hickups along the way. Little kicks back and forth with Josh and Kyby and even a few serious incidents with other users. Despite all of them, I've found this community always ready to progress, move forward, and look positively torwards the next great thing. I love it.

I love all you guys(yes, in some sick way, you too, Dabombster.)

So this is kind of a shout out, but also a more general question to you other users out there-what keeps you coming back to ZD? Why do you like it here so much to make it your home?

Aww. You mentioned me. I feel so honored.

Originally I came here every few months to post huge amounts when they piled up, and I stayed a couple extra days, and Mases or some random person made me arbiter. I liked ZD then, and after a good 3 month reign, I went to Staffer. Currently am that, and then became moderator some time ago. I guess I love the main site of ZD because all of my prettyful stuff is on there, and.....I'm still deciding if I like the forums or not.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I came here last month, and made friends with people very quickly, I love you all, *kisses*, I love the quiet, peaceful forums, and nobody argueing, my first friends here were Blackice_cc and bellum, who is young, like me.
I am glad you all accept us young members, despite our age, and love chatting with Smitie and Amelie in the shoutbox.

The podcasts are always funny, and everyone has a great time, I have only been in an after-party before though, I think.
I started with a few posts, and then worked my way up to 100, getting reputation.
And now I have many friends, and I'm aiming to be a Hylian Hero when I am here for longer.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Zeldadungeon has been my internet home for almost 3 years. I first was a hylian fan on the old forums, turned into a hylian hero and became an arbiter after 1.5 years (yes, i'm very patient). I suddenly turned orange in januari and I recently got a mod upgrade :P.

I like the fact that (almost) everyone here at ZD is accepted for who he/she is. I've been a member to another game forum and the main reason I left is because it was so unpersonal. You were just one of the 10.000 members who posted something.

I like chatting in the shoutbox with all members and just be my weird self. I have a lot of friends and I improve my english, so it's basicly a win-win situation :). And one of the other reasons I stay here is of course Ma...ehh nevermind :P.

Last edited:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Well, I've been to Zelda Dungeon for around 8 months, and I'm proud to say that I like this site. Its actually one of the only reasons that I go on the Internet now. I started by looking at the site and how it helped me out in OoT. After that, I decided to take a stroll through the forums. Now, I had never joined a forum before, so I had no idea what it was. So, I go in there, and the community was very nice. I decided to bring my trademark name (Petman1325) onto the site. I was instantly accepted into the community, and have since been a great part of the forum (Or at least in my opinion ;)) I am typically a quiet guy until you know me, but I was pretty much accepted here, although, it took a month for me to start using the ShoutBox. I managed to have a lot of friends on this site (Although, I can't remember who was my first. Thank you, video games!), then I was promoted to Hylian Hero status. A month later, I have all of the people who gave me my Arbiter status. The reason I love Zelda Dungeon is because of the kind community that can take almost anyone in (Except the spammers and flammers and the bots) and accept them. Heck, this is almost my second social area, the first being band!

Well, I've been here for the better part of about 4 months now. It's not very long compared to some of the other members, but I've enjoyed every moment of being a member of ZD. There are always excellent topics to comment on, and the people here always seem to be ready to welcome the new guys with arms wide open.

There's my piece. :D

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I've been here for like what? 7 months or so? Becoming a Hylian Hero was such a honor to me:)
At first, I didn't even think about getting that much involved with this(or anyother) community, but ended up liking the things around:)

My top friends are Smitie, OniLink89, Stella3000, El Bagu, Lenora and Alder dragon, just to mention a few...

I am pretty much aware that some members don't like me...

Even now, some members that have been banned several times *cough*bellum*cough* try to mini mod me... but, i like it here

Amelie

Air Dancer
Good topic! I love ZD because its my new home on the internet. I know nothing can replace my real home but now when I put my curser on my dock and click Safari... ZD is the first of my bookmarks I click! I just love the topics here and almost everyone is friendly (I cant think of anyone that isn't right now). Its a nice place to post and the people are fun to talk to. It has nice rules and we all love the same game even if are favorites and opinions are different. We respect each other like a true family would and that is what I love ^^

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The main reason I love this is probably the same reason as why I joined: The best site if you want to discuss Zelda this is (of what I´ve seen, hope I do not offend any fansite owner now!). This site cover all possible aspects of the Zelda franchise and that is wonderful!

What I also like is the people. Skull_Kid mentioned me and I will mention him, he is awesome. But not only Skull_Kid but also the rest of my friends here and a lot more people. I feel appreciated and even though we do not always share exactly the same values some people are still my friends. Very open minded and fantastic! There is probably more but these are the main things.

(Really hope I will be able to experience the next podcast, sorry I missed the others)

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Why do I love Zelda Dungeon? Well you see, it goes like this, I have a friend who said he'd pay me $20 for every month I could stay active at a forum. So I found this place and my wallet has never been fuller! *sniped*

Only joking. But has it really been 8 months already? 'Cause it sure doesn't feel like it. When I joined, I was accepted into the community very soon. I quickly made some great friends like Blackice_cc, Twili123prince, Stella3000, Skull Kid, Onilink89, Smitie, Y2K3, and many others. I'd name the rest, but the list would be far too long. :P After a few months, I bacame a Hylian Hero, and an Arbiter soon after that. It's really been an honor being able to work as a staff member here on the forum, and it's been great being a part of this community.

As to the question of why I love it here and why I keep coming back, it's definitely because of the awesome community, and the great disscussions we have here. It's become a second home.

Claire

The Geekette
I have been a member of Zelda Dungeon for 470 days.

While my activity has not remained constant, I have always hung around since the day I first joined. If I somehow managed to find myself away from Zelda Dungeon for an extended period of time, I'd always find my way back to Zelda Dungeon.

When I had joined Zelda Dungeon:
1. There wasn't an arcade.
2. MASnVIC reviews were still being done, not podcasts.
3. There were only about 100 registered members.

The members that were active when I first joined, but are no longer active, were Peregrine and RyanNope. Of the members that are still around, there are plenty. Mases, Caleb, Smitie, and linkman8 stick in my memory from being around when I first came about the forums. I especially remembered Smitie, since she kept the same avatar for so long, until rather recently. Despite members joining who are not particularly my cup of tea, there are plenty of great members who continue to keep Zelda Dungeon alive and well. Besides this, since becoming an arbiter I have to be loyal to Mases now. :P

I love Zelda Dungeon because of the close knit community, the high quality content of the website (I do love the artwork from the games and the great guides the staff produces), and the theme itself: The Legend of Zelda series.

Kybyrian

Hey would you look at that I've been here for over 1 year and a month. I don't know what compels me to come back during the time periods that I do actually come here and post and such, but I think it's mainly keeping up with Josh in posts anymore, though fat chance of that now.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I wish I knew how long I've been here... I'm thinking around 5-6 years. I don't remember much about ZD back then other than the GanonBot. That thing was amazing (yet annoying at the same time).
But I don't love you.

J/k :P

I keep coming back, mainly for the people. It's a fun place to talking about Zelda or anything else that suits my fancy. What else can I say? It's an amazing place. ^^

I've been here for about 4 months. I can't even believe that it has been that long!

I came here because I love forums but the ones I went to were out of hand or dead. I found a lot of friends here such as Blackice, Moosh_is_cool, HylianPrincess, Hylian Hobbit, Stella3000, Petman1325, Vergo, the Dragons, El Bagu, and Amelie. Trust me there are many more. I love how you can talk to people about yourself here and they will accept you and always comfort you in tough times. Thanks to all the mods and Hylian Heroes for keeping this place "clean" and for being great forums role models!

Also the ZD main site has always been there when I need help on the games. Thanks to all the Staffers and content writers!

Thanks for all the memories!

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
:D Thanks ML!

I have been at Zelda Dungeon for about... 3 months, and I have many friends here. In fact, I won't name them all here. But of course, it includes Master Link, and Moosh_is_Cool, and Ver-go, and Axle, and Stella, and *Goes on and on* Anyway, I really like ZD because everyone is very friendly, and they are always there to talk to you, and can usually always take a joke. I also like the forums because they are not to big, but are never dead, and someone is always active, they are just the right size.

I really like the main site because of all of it's amazing content, and how useful it's been to my brother and I. Also, I like how all of the walkthroughs and pages are colourful, have very good descriptions, cover all of the Heart Pieces and other things, and are often quite humorous. I really hope that this site continues on for a long time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom