• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I didn’t like Breath of the Wild.

I think the main game is pretty ok. The problem is the DLCs.
-The Chest items : To me, getting the full barbarian set was the most fun and time spending thing i did in botw.
I needed to go to each 3 labyrinths to get each 3 pieces.And here we are getting the Phantom set that can be obtained right after
beating the tutorial area.It has the same attack buffs.But no effort went in getting it(other than the money)

-The Master Cycle Zero : The Master Cycle Zero is a small flaw to my idea.It can be obtained by completing the champion's ballad which
does take effort considering that has some difficulties to even start it.

However,the master cycle zero completely throws the horse and stable system since the cycle and go almost anywhere.
I guess the horses have chance since the Ancient Horse armor does come with the DLC.

- The Fully Powered Master Sword : Same with the Cycle,The True Master Sword is overpowered.
It can kill most things in a few hits(compared to others) Even if it breaks,It recharges in 10 mins.
This over throws the other items,only using it during the 10 mins.

Last edited:

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
ZD Legend
I think the main game is pretty ok. The problem is the DLCs.
-The Chest items : To me, getting the full barbarian set was the most fun and time spending thing i did in botw.
I needed to go to each 3 labyrinths to get each 3 pieces.And here we are getting the Phantom set that can be obtained right after
beating the tutorial area.It has the same attack buffs.But no effort went in getting it(other than the money)

-The Master Cycle Zero : The Master Cycle Zero is a small flaw to my idea.It can be obtained by completing the champion's ballad which
does take effort considering that has some difficulties to even start it.

However,the master cycle zero completely throws the horse and stable system since the cycle and go almost anywhere.
I guess the horses have chance since the Ancient Horse armor does come with the DLC.

- The Fully Powered Master Sword : Same with the Cycle,The True Master Sword is overpowered.
It can kill most things in a few hits(compared to others) Even if it breaks,It recharges in 10 mins.
This over throws the other items,only using it during the 10 mins.
Once you’ve beaten the DLCs, you’ve probably already beaten the game. I think the rewards are supposed to be overpowered. As with Phantom Ganon, yes, that is an issue, but most people completed the game before the DLC; plus, anybody playing blind is very unlikely to find it.
Note that I don’t think the DLC is perfect either, I just think it’s flawed for different reasons.

Sadly, for three years I have been trying to make this Zelda game work, and it always just ends up frustrating me to the point of quitting, and this time I am done for good. The worse part is that there are very few places I can go to talk about this because the fanboys online will crucify me.
Gamefaqs being the worst of the few places I have visited.

I did not go into this game wanting to be disapointed, but here I am.

Anything I can say about what I don't like about the game has been said already by people that are prob much better at descibing their issues with the game better than I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom