• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Doesn't Voldemort Have a Nose?! He's a Wizard

Retsdob

Retsdob
We all know that Voldemort is one of the most powerful wizards known, so why doesn't he just grow a nose? He can divide his soul, raise the dead, become disenbodied, apparate, but he can't grow a nose?

Because he's not a metamorphmagus (I think that's the term....been way too long since I read the books), and by splitting his soul so many times he destroyed his own humanity, thus his appearance. His appearance changed to reflect the inside.

That, and maybe he didn't want to smell the filthy Mudbloods underfoot?

Shadow Lord

Pinky Pie the Gypsy Bard!
I think when his spell didn't kill Harry his spell bounced off Harry and right towards Voldemorts nose thus, killing his nose

Jedizora

:right:
Part of the reason he had survived was his pet snake/severed piece of soul. Becausehis pet snake helped revive him, because they had used nagini's venom, combined with the fact that is the heir of slytherian, he took on a snake like appearance.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yes, I go with Jedizora on this one, I think it is because he can communicate with Snakes, went to Slytherin, etc. Haha, nice question, though. :P

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
That is exactly why he does not have a nose. He is a wizard. He was in Slytherin, talks to snakes, evil.....ring a bell? He does not need a nose. Also, in case you haven't noticed, he is not exactly fully human.

They did that to make him resemble a snake.

With him being the heir of slytherin. And so many other things that relates him with snakes.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Voldemort, Voldemort, Voldemort. I love that name.

Anyway, didn't Dumbledor at some point say it was because he used dark magic to warp his appearance? Doesn't he have a forked tongue too in the Goblet of Fire film?
And... I don't recall in the books too much discription on his appearance prior to the movies. It was quite vague. I think its the movies that sort of warped the character's looks to what he is now, and in later books, like the slit nose and such. I don't recall the books ever referring to him with snakelike features, only probably later in the books, after his movie appearances. I need to keep reading...

On a side note with him the movies, why does he go barefoot...? That I wonder...

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
If you've seen the Chamber of Secrets, then it says that Tom had a nose. But I think that when he split his soul into 8 pieces (including his own body) then I guess that's when he pretty much lost his appearance. I think that his nose was taken to make him look more evil instead of human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom