• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Does Link Live in Ordona?!

Epona

Ordon Village
That's an interesting point, I never noticed that it says "change to human form." I mean yes I know that it says that, but I never thought about it, why they didn't say "Hylian" instead.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it is important that no one in the game makes much of a difference at all. They only seemed concerned if someone is from Hyrule or the outer territories. I suppose constant contact with very non human species like the Gorons and Zora can cause that type of a mindset. That if two groups are only separated by the size of their ears, then they do not care about much else. They are clearly of a similar enough species to consider themselves the same. Especially when there are rock and fish people commonly seen in Castletown, somehow there is no need to think of round eared people as a different people.

I think it is important that no one in the game makes much of a difference at all. They only seemed concerned if someone is from Hyrule or the outer territories. I suppose constant contact with very non human species like the Gorons and Zora can cause that type of a mindset. That if two groups are only separated by the size of their ears, then they do not care about much else. They are clearly of a similar enough species to consider themselves the same. Especially when there are rock and fish people commonly seen in Castletown, somehow there is no need to think of round eared people as a different people.

So basically in Hyrule people are a lot more tolerant and accepting than in real life ;)

Djinn

and Tonic
So basically in Hyrule people are a lot more tolerant and accepting than in real life ;)

Well we only have other humans to judge and associate with. Regardless of all visible differences we are all still human and therefore the same species in every way. In a setting where there are truly different in every possible way people that are obviously a separate species from human then yes. Humans at that point would probably not notice or not care about the more subtle differences between each other as much. It is not like that human over there breathes water or is made out of rock, they are still human and not a Goron.

Well we only have other humans to judge and associate with. Regardless of all visible differences we are all still human and therefore the same species in every way. In a setting where there are truly different in every possible way people that are obviously a separate species from human then yes. Humans at that point would probably not notice or not care about the more subtle differences between each other as much. It is not like that human over there breathes water or is made out of rock, they are still human and not a Goron.

True but they seem to interact with other races fine for the most part. In both OoT and MC a Goron goes into Hyrule Market and no one seems to blink an eye about it. It's an alternate universe but in MM Clock Town Goro-Link comes in and he also doesn't raise an eyebrow anywhere.

S

s4ad0w

Thank you, it's always confused me why some people have to say "He's not Human, he's Hylian!" Um... that's the same as saying "He's not human, he's American," or "He's not human, he's British!" HE'S STILL HUMAN, he just comes from a different nation than other's in his hometown.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
You know, his house isn't really THAT far from the rest of the village. It just appears to be in a different section. It's one of those things I think should be taken that at gameplay value.

I choose to think that the villagers of Ordon are the descendants of Link and Malon from OoT.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I don't think Link is a hylian in this game. No evidence points to that in TP, even at the end credits you see link riding epona back to Ordon in the end which could mean he was going home. This is just what I think.

Pen

The game is on!
The Ordonians can't be the decedents of Link and Malon from OoT. Both of them were Hylians (pointed ears), all of the Ordonians (except for Link) has rounded ears, which marks an Ordonian. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom