• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Why Does Link Go to Terminia to Search for Navi?

Oracle of Time

Knows your future
I've been wondering for a while why Link went to Terminia to search for Navi, You would have thought that Navi went back to the Kokiri Forest. Did he accidentaly stumble into Terminia? Did the Great Deku Tree sprout tell Link, Navi went to Terminia? Was Link even looking for Navi? You tell me in the comments (if I don't get any good answers I'll take it up with Axle).

Last edited:

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Link almost certainly begins his search for Navi in the Lost Woods. Keep in mind that the Lost Woods has doorways to other parts of Hyrule and even different dimensions like the Sacred Realm. After Skull Kid attacks him and steals his Ocarina, a chase ensues. Then, Link falls into the hole. Presumably, this hole is kind of like the ones you can take to get to Goron City or Zora's Domain.

That's just my interpretation of the beginning of MM.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Link went to the Lost Woods to search for Navi but got lost while searching. The Lost Woods is a very easy place to get lost in with many tricks. Link ended up getting so lost that he ended up in Termina.

initialDable

going deku
I don't know why he went to the Lost Woods. At first I thought that Navi was shut in the Temple of Time where the Master Sword was after the Door of Time closed. Then I realized that she must have flown out the window.
Link happened to stubble across Termina while going after the Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Beeker

Wild Card
It is stated in MM's intro that Link went on a personal journey to find someone, and the general thought is that it was Navi who Link was searching for. He was looking for her in the Lost Woods, but that doesn't mean he went to Termina on purpose. Link finds Termina by accident because of Skull Kid's actions and his tricks(like stealing Link's horse and Ocarina).

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Yep, Link was in the lost woods with Epona to look for Navi and then the Skull Kid came and attacked him. The only thing I don't get about the beginning is HOW Link got Epona, because she'd be in Lon Lon Ranch, wouldn't she...? (Sorry for being off topic, but I kinda still am... kinda...)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Going back to MS's ? I've often wondered that myself and the conclusion I make is that Malon gave Epona to Link under what circumstances that's up for ?

A

Anti-Hero

Well, when Link is returned to the past he automatically ventures to the castle in order to tell Zelda about Ganondorf's plan. Navi was originally partnered with Link to help him rid the land of evil, and thus, she stays behind at the ToT while the door closes with her within the chamber. All the while, Link realized Navi had not followed him, and thus, Link traveled to the LW to find her on Epona which he assumingly received from Talon for waking him up on the way into the castle. At this point in time, Link was attacked by SK and fell down a hole, where he later awoke inside the land of Termina. However, 75% of that's theoretical.
So, basically MM is an Alice in Wonderland-inspired game, obviously.

M

MoonBomber

The only reason I'd go to Termina to search for Navi is to beat the poop out of her. o.o

Link did begin MM looking for Navi. Link doesn't intend on going to Termina though, it was the Skull Kid/Majora's Mask fault he ended up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom