• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Does Link Defeat Ganondorf when He Knows He'll Put Back the MS Anyway?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
First of all, the mere existence of Twilight Princess disproves that the Sacred Realm exists outside of the spacetime that Hyrule is in. Because if it did, then there'd be no Ganon in the child line, but there is. Ganondorf's raid on Hyrule Castle was a surprise attack, they didn't know his motives and they didn't know what was happening. He went right for his target. And obviously as a seemingly loyal servant of the King the guards would not have stopped him until after they saw what he tried to do.
In the OoT ending, Link is clearly meeting Zelda before his raid took place. And he'd warn them.

Even if Link does warn the king, they will not beleive him. He did not even beleive zelda. which means the only answer is that Ganon is no longer there this time around. Because he is in the sacred realm. I do not unerstand why there would be no Ganon in the Child because he is scealed. He can easily escape as he did in other games.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I believe Aouma (sp?) and Miyamoto said something in an interview about young Link having a little chat with Zelda after getting sent back. Plus, in Twilight Princess, a cutscene reveals that Ganondorf had tried to take over, was thwarted, and was sent to be executed at the Arbiter's Grounds by use of the Twilight Mirror to "banish him to the underworld" (the Sages of that time apparently did not know or did not care that the Mirror would send him to the Twilight Realm...) They also tried to kill him with a sword, but, he somehow got the ToP via a "divine prank" and survived it - so his spirit was sealed away in the Twilight Realm where he could feed off their sorrow, anger and hate until such time as he was strong enough to manipulate Zant.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Link probably would have brought proof with him that the King couldn't deny, like maybe the spiritual stones. But now we're dipping into theoryland.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Okay, I'll try to phrase it better: When Link is sealed in the Sacred Realm for seven years, his body grows, but his mind doesn't. So, when he wakes up, He has the body of an adult and the mind of a child. As soon as Sheik tells him that he can put back the Master Sword and become a child again, here is what he should have done: Put the Master Sword back, then wait seven years manually. Then, when he draws the Master Sword, He won't need to be sealed in the Sacred Realm because he is old enough to be the Hero of Time. That way, when he defeats Ganon, he won't need to be sent back in time and can keep living normally.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay, I'll try to phrase it better: When Link is sealed in the Sacred Realm for seven years, his body grows, but his mind doesn't. So, when he wakes up, He has the body of an adult and the mind of a child. As soon as Sheik tells him that he can put back the Master Sword and become a child again, here is what he should have done: Put the Master Sword back, then wait seven years manually. Then, when he draws the Master Sword, He won't need to be sealed in the Sacred Realm because he is old enough to be the Hero of Time. That way, when he defeats Ganon, he won't need to be sent back in time and can keep living normally.

I hate coming into a theory thread late like this because I want to say so much but I don't know if someone else said it.

Any way, the problem with this is Link has to survive for seven years in order to become that person. With all the evil that will come forth within that period of time, and no Master Sword or adult weapons. Link has to rely on his own childhood weapons to survive. And the chances of him dying by then are pretty high since 1. Ganondorf can beat him any time he wants if he begins to see Link as a threat 2. With the triforce of courage, Link isn't about to hide somewhere so he's probably gonna try to save every person who gets into trouble which will lead to trouble (if you believe kid Link doesn't have the triforce of courage, that doesn't mean he won't go on adventures) 3. Link's natural curiosity gets the better of him and 4. He's a warrior and pretty much anyone who can fight either died before Link got there or just as he got there, so Link would not be an exception.

For those who don't like to read long post, this next sentence sums up everything.
The point of the Sacred Realm is not only to keep Link there until he's old enough to wield the sword, but also to protect him from any danger along those seven years.

FlatxSharp

Music to last through the ages
Okay, now, I'm not good at theorizing and all that stuff. Really, I'm not. This is just a question that I saw would cause some issues with what has been said. This may be entirely irrelevant and if that's the case, please forgive me for my ignorace.

After all that happened, after Ganon was sealed and Link returned the MS, why did he leave Kokiri forest again? The reason why he left was because Ganon put a curse on the Great Deku Tree that only Link could destroy. If Ganon was sealed, the Deku Tree was never harmed in the first place, and therefore, had no reason to tell Link to leave the forest. Why would he leave? Everything was safe because Ganon was sealed, so he had no reason to go tell Zelda about it.

It clearly shows Link meeting with Zelda at the end of the game. If everything was all fine and dandy after Ganon was sealed, Link would have gotten to live his life in Kokiri forest with no interruption...until MM of course.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I hate coming into a theory thread late like this because I want to say so much but I don't know if someone else said it.

Any way, the problem with this is Link has to survive for seven years in order to become that person. With all the evil that will come forth within that period of time, and no Master Sword or adult weapons. Link has to rely on his own childhood weapons to survive. And the chances of him dying by then are pretty high since 1. Ganondorf can beat him any time he wants if he begins to see Link as a threat 2. With the triforce of courage, Link isn't about to hide somewhere so he's probably gonna try to save every person who gets into trouble which will lead to trouble (if you believe kid Link doesn't have the triforce of courage, that doesn't mean he won't go on adventures) 3. Link's natural curiosity gets the better of him and 4. He's a warrior and pretty much anyone who can fight either died before Link got there or just as he got there, so Link would not be an exception.

For those who don't like to read long post, this next sentence sums up everything.
The point of the Sacred Realm is not only to keep Link there until he's old enough to wield the sword, but also to protect him from any danger along those seven years.

(1.) In the past, Ganondorf doesn't have the ToP yet. When Link draws the MS, Ganondorf goes into the Sacred Realm and gets the ToP. Since Link hadn't drawn the MS in the past, Ganondorf doesn't have much power yet.
(2.) Same thing. Link only has the ToC in the future. When Ganondorf touched the Triforce, he only got Power. Wisdom went to Zelda, and Courage went to Link.
(3.) Of course he's curious the first time, but after he realizes he is an adult, don't you think he'd learn his lesson and not draw the MS again?
(4.) ...I didn't even understand what you said. Sorry.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
If Ganon was sealed, the Deku Tree was never harmed in the first place, and therefore, had no reason to tell Link to leave the forest. Why would he leave? Everything was safe because Ganon was sealed, so he had no reason to go tell Zelda about it.

My theory is that after laying the sword to rest, he went directly to the castle to see Zelda, since he was in the neighborhood anyway. Navi flies off after their goodbye in the Temple of Time, Link sneaks back into the castle courtyard and visits Zelda who then sends him on his way with the Ocarina and the Song of Time after he tells her about his plans to make the journey in the Lost Woods to try and reunite with Navi (cue MM's intro).

Also, being as Zelda was a sage, I'm sure she already knows about Ganondorf being sealed away due to the time/space theories & the sacred realm previously mentioned in this thread. My thought is that Link may have visited Zelda to be sure that everything was okay with Hyrule (which he was destined to save) and the sealing of Ganondorf went as planned and wasn't affected by the reverse time flow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom