• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Does It Matter if a Game is Overrated?

As I observe many people's opinions I hear so many people complain or not like a game all because it's overrated. Why does a game being overrated have any significance? I just can't really understande why this matters in the least. So what's your thoughts? Do you think it matters if a game is overrated? Comment Away!

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I never really care about other fan's opinions on games unless I personally know them. I take reviews into consideration when buying games, but I like to judge them myself.

I never consider if a game is "overrated" or "underrated". Usually when buying a game, I look at some reviews and some videos and then I decide if I want it. Of course I also take the ESRB rating into account since I can't play anything rated M or above.

Garo

Boy Wonder
As I observe many people's opinions I hear so many people complain or not like a game all because it's overrated. Why does a game being overrated have any significance? I just can't really understande why this matters in the least. So what's your thoughts? Do you think it matters if a game is overrated? Comment Away!

I don't think I've ever seen somebody not like a game because it was overrated; people usually think games are overrated because they don't like them while everybody else seems to like them. Just seems like the causality here is confusing you.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Personally, whether agame is over or underrated shouldn't affect your own opinion, though, like Garo said, most people use the term to say how they think x game should be more/less popular.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I never really care about other fan's opinions on games unless I personally know them. I take reviews into consideration when buying games, but I like to judge them myself.

Amen to that ;)

I never care that much about what people say about a game. I love to decide for myself whether or not I like a game or if it is underrated or overrated. Most of the times people seem to judge after playing a game only once but change their minds later. It is good to know what you can expect but I really do like to check it out for myself first

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
It doesn't matter that a game's overrated. This is only an opinion. If you think the game is overrated then great, if not great.

If you expect it to be awesome and it ends up not being that great? Well I end up feeling let down and not enjoying it as much cause i expected it to blow my mind.

What i dont get even more is when people go out their way to hate a game :P

MW7

It just kind of annoys the people that don't enjoy the game as much as everyone else seems to love it. Hearing something over and over that you don't agree with can get bothersome. A game being overrated in someone's opinion shouldn't matter at all in developing their opinion of the game. Calling it overrated is the opinion itself so it doesn't really matter.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's easy: people like a specific game and want only that game to achieve the fame and the fortunes, but some other game overshadows it both in fan popularity and critic popularity, which destroys their dreams of having their favored game in the spotlight. Thus, the more liked game is overrated, and they desire to slap their opinion onto everyone for that very reasoning.

While I respect the opinions of others, I do not really care if a game is overrated; such a quality has very little to do with anything, especially when it comes to the Zelda series. Regardless of any bad reviews or opinions that I may come across on the internet or in any other medium, I am still going to play it anyway.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It matters because it's irritating to people that actually know games. It's like being lied to. Take Call of Duty for example, children and their cousins praise it for all the wrong reasons that the game itself doesn't back up. Enjoy the game, but don't lie to me about it. If that's annoying with just one person, imagine that in masses... Of course, it won't affect my personal opinion on a game itself, because I'm an individual and I have my own thoughts and beliefs and no one will ever influence me to think differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom