• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why does Ganon just let Yuga merge with him in ALBW?

I've been replaying ALBW as part of my build up to BOTW2.. and this always struck me as odd.

Yuga summons Ganon, says to merge with him and Ganon just... lets it happen.

If anything, you'd think Ganon would've been like

"Who are YOU to command ME?!" and then swat Yuga aside.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Ganon is just an evil spirit. I guess that he wouldn't say no to someone invoking him to do evil stuff, even more so being that person of Gerudo lineage

Reactions: Dio

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Like a lot of people have said, I think Ganon wasn't in a very coherent mental state. I also don't think him and Yuga were exactly working together. Hilda says-

"I knew Yuga planned to slip into your world to abduct Zelda and the Sages. I...I couldn't stop him. Now he has used them to summon the Demon King and siphon his power. Yuga's appetite will soon consume our worlds. Hyrule and Lorule-the beast's for the taking."

The ways she phrases it, siphoning power, makes it seem like Ganon is more of an energy source than a partner. When Yuga-Ganon speaks also, it seems to be more Yuga talking with several references to beauty, and comparing Link to a worm as he did several times throughout the game. So he's using Ganon, and while Ganon may still have some hold it's not as though he's there in the room calling the shots.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganon is the embodiment of evil I am sure being summoned for nefarious purposes is right up his street. His mind is gone by this stage so merging with someone with an intact mind is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom