• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Do You Play Video Games?

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I've been thinking about writing an article for GenGAME titled "Why I Play Video Games". I'm curious as to why some other people play video games—specific reasons, or just because you find them fun?

I'd write out mine, but I'll save it for the article.

Video games are escapist entertainment for me. Pretending you're on an adventure in a far away land and forgetting your real life troubles for a few hours is invaluable to me. If the game can tell a meaningful story and impact me in a bigger way than just entertainment, then that's just a cherry on top! I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for, but that's why I play games at least.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
Video games are escapist entertainment for me. Pretending you're on an adventure in a far away land and forgetting your real life troubles for a few hours is invaluable to me. If the game can tell a meaningful story and impact me in a bigger way than just entertainment, then that's just a cherry on top! I'm not sure if that was the answer you were looking for, but that's why I play games at least.

That was actually closer to my opinion than I expected anyone to get.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Just because they're fun. And sometimes you learn good life lessons from them.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've played video-games all my life. Originally, it was just for fun, a nice way for me to spend time with my siblings. However, I find myself now engrossed in the world of video-games. Not only do I enjoy playing them, but analyzing them, comparing them, finding out what makes a video-game what it is. Its not just enough to just play a game, I must ask how well the game was done. How was the story good? How could it have been better? Did the gameplay suffer because of the story? Would a sequel be appropriate?

I play video-games because they're fun, yes, but also because they intrigue me like a painting intrigues an artist. There's a certain art to video-games, and I enjoy interpreting that art to its fullest extent.

rage-comics-imaginative-and-proud.png

'Nuff said.

Dan

I play video games for the fun, for the laughs, for the eye-candy, for the music, and most of all because I'm in love with them, and it gives me something to do. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could go on some long winded megerpost about the gratuities that video games pay to ME, and the ones I pay to them, but suffice to say: I play video games because they're fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fun.

It's a type of media that combines the best elements of books and movies. You get to see what's happening like a movie, but the amount of depth is akin to that of a book. The music, story, visuals, and gameplay all combine to create an unforgettable experience that allows you to escape the sometimes mundane real world.

Video games are so important to me that they're my main hobby and I plan to major in Video Game Design once I get to college.

octorok74

TETTAC
I mainly play on my 360. Earning achievables and helping people get them is why I play. Plus, I have a lot of friends who have helped me out online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom