• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Why Do You Love The Legend of Zelda So Much More Than Other Games?

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Ocarina of Time was the first 3D game I had ever played, and every time I played it I just loved it. As an 8-year-old (or something like that), I found it quite challenging in comparison to other games I had played, but I also found that it was understandable for me, unlike the other games I really loved like Civ 3 or Caesar 3.

I would say that OoT was the game that really made me into a gamer, even though I had played different games before that, like Sonic or Mario games, but they were only 2D scrollers. Games that I had played before were only casual things that I would do when I was bored. But after discovering Zelda, games became more important to me than just a casual thing.

Then, once I discovered aLttP, and how awesomely fun it was, I really got stuck into the series. Before, I only knew of one Zelda game. But when I found out that there was a whole series, I fell in love with it.

So, yeah. I would say that Zelda made me into a gamer, opening me up to a world of tons of other amazing games, from Pokemon to CoD to RPGs. That's why I love it so much, I guess.

Deeds

no text
Well, I guess the largest factor is that they remind me of my childhood. It may be cliche, or not, but every single LoZ game holds a sentimental value to me. Even the newer ones, and that's why I love the series.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I love Zelda because of its in depth story, great music, and quirky characters. It's also challenging and makes you think, which is something I enjoy. I've been in love with LoZ ever since I was four, and replaying games like ALttP and OoT make me feel like I'm a kid again. It truly is an awesome franchise.

D

demonlord

I think it's because its the first game I ever played I was 3 or 4 and A Link To The Past was my first zelda game. it just came out at the time.
but other than it being a big part of my childhood its just fun and the story gets you hooked

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
As most people, for nostalgic reasons. I got my first video game console in 2004, the Gamecube. I was at my grandparent's house with my cousins for the holidays in 2003 and they got my cousin a Gamecube game (I believe it was Tak and The Power of Juju). I had no idea what the thing was and I thought it was really cool and since my birthday is in February I wanted one for my birthday. Anyways fast forward to my birthday, my grandparents got me my Gamecube and bought me some game I don't even remember but I wanted Mario Kart Double Dash (Since I had played it at my friends house at some point between December and February). I guess I was being kind of a dick back then but they agreed anyways. The next day my friend got my a present since he had found out I just got a Gamecube and I opened it to find the first Gamecube game I had ever owned: The Wind Waker. Now I absolutely love this game to death and have been playing it for the past 9 year religiously, I know how to beat the main story of this game like I know the back of my hand (Never actually 100% completed this game, waiting on the Video Walkthrough ZD....). But back in the day I got stuck many times, the 3 that stick out the most are when you get the shield and need to get back into the boat, I kept trying to jump back into the boat but it never worked and keep in mind that I never read the dialogue back in the day, but one day I just talked to everyone and mashed A and then I went to a cutscene on the boat (I now know that you need to talk to Tetra to get on the boat). Second, when you had to Sidle across the wall to get your sword back, I could never figure out how to get that light to go away (I now know where to go and what to do). Lastly I got stuck at the Triforce charts (like every other kid). My friend beat the game and gave me his safe file which was on the Second Quest, of course I beat that until the Triforce charts and for a long time just kept beating the game up to that point and them quitting. I remember one day my grandparents took me into EB Games and I got Ocarina of Time w/ Master Quest (I never played OoT prior, I just liked Zelda at that point) and behind a bunch of strategy guides for one game was a bent Wind Waker strategy guide which I also got. This guide never helped me because back in the day I only looked at the pictures and didn't read the words (what a shock). I actually beat Ocarina of Time AND The Minish Cap (2005) before I beat The Wind Waker. Now in 2006 I moved from NJ to CA and of course it was hard on me, but I actually decided to for once read the strategy guide and I actually beat the game and realized that the triforce hunt isn't that bad. A few months later Twilight Princess came out and then I just kept getting more Zelda as the years went on and now I have all the games except The Oracles (waiting for them on the e-Shop). I actually on recently (last time I played the game) found out that the letter for 201 rupees is the most helpful thing in the world, buy that and the Triforce hunt won't be nearly as annoying. Zelda has been a huge part of my life for so many years, me and my ex-best friend used to play Wind Waker for hours at a time just doing nothing or replaying the game, we even loved Zelda so much that out other friend's mom made us Link costumes which I still have to this day! I actually made a Wind Waker Walkthrough (which is now deleted) but put all the footage together and sped it up x20 and put it on my YouTube channel (Mrflamexd3) and it went from 10 hours to 30 minutes so as far as I know I can beat The Wind Waker with no clipping or hacking in 10 hours. I wasn't going to buy a Wii U until the new Zelda game came out and I usually don't go for remakes but The Wind Waker HD is a no refusal offer, that's a deal breaker for me. I may even 100% both versions once ZD Video Walkthrough comes out, and record both of those and speed them up x20 and put them on my YouTube channel. I mean who knows, my first game could have been Metroid Prime and a huge part of my life could have been completely different.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't identify with the questions, because as much as I love Zelda, I don't love it more than other games and gaming series that I love. As for why I love Zelda, it's because it's a great adventure, fun gameplay. I enjoy the story, the characters, the creatures, the world. It's magical :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I can't really explain what makes the Zelda series so much better than other games....

I guess Zelda games just have that magic, I fell in love with the series when I picked up a copy of Twilight Princess! Straight away I saw the opening cut-scene before the actual loading screen and I was like "wow" the game just go better and better from there on. I think it's hard to really put my finger on what makes the Zelda series special but if I had to decide I would probably say its the combination of great gameplay, magic story, an amazing soundtrack, the sense of adventure combined with the stand out charm of the series :)

Back in the day Zelda was my choice, but over 25years only 6 games have really appealed to me, granted they are some of the best games ive ever played in my life' but 6 out of 16 is terrible. I used to play Zelda for the lore and to see what happened but now thanks to the HH and more recent games the lore itself has become a bit of a joke and ive lost a lot of respect for it as a whole.

Though it must be doing something right since its been ten years since i last enjoyed a Zelda game and im still here.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
When I was five i got a nintendo 64, and my mom got me maybe two games for it. OoT: my friends and I loved it. We could play it for weeks without ever actually taking the time to beat it. I loved to explore, find secrets, riding my horse, and longshotting from roof to roof in Kakariko Village. It is simply the best game ever and I still live to play it almost fifteen years later. There is just no describing the awesomeness.

If I where to say...

Maybe it was the Girl, maybe it was the Adventure, maybe it was the tights. No, I'm pretty sure it was the adventure. Zelda games just give me that WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA! Factor that no game really can give, plus it's nintendo we are talking about, NO ONE can hold a candle to them in game design ANYWHERE, the only reason why nintendo is going stale, is because they are going safe with the retro-ism and such. But really, There is always something New to find in a Zelda game. (Aside for OOT, I found everything in that.) It never really shows all the cards on your first playthrough, and heck, you may have missed something will playing the other 300 times, (Like in Spirit Tracks, everyone is SO ANIMATED, I love it!) I guess everything about Zelda makes it the reason why I stay with it.

Well for me the feeling that hits me when i play Zelda is that feeling of a lost and found part of my soul. LoZ was a big part of my dad's childhood, so when i was 3, he bought Adventure of Link for me. Now, i was 3 years old, and it was a fairly tough game, so i never got past the first cave, but "the seed had been planted" so to speak. i got rid of it and never remembered it. until a few years ago when i got Phantom Hourglass. and that was when i realized it was the same series.

although i think a big part of the bond with the games is that so few of the people i know have actually played Zelda, it kinda feels like a secret exclusive club.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I like Zelda because not only was Ocarina my first Zelda game, but because of the story, characters, locations, and music. Even though most of the games are about stopping Ganondorf from killing the princess and taking over the world, if you look deeper you will find that there's so much more than that. And there's also so much talk about the canceled games, characters, the next installment, all the ""did you know this?". It keeps me interested in the franchise. Without Zelda, our lives would be boring, and you wouldn't be reading my post because Zelda Dungeon would not exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom