• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Why Do You Love The Legend of Zelda So Much More Than Other Games?

Why is Zelda your choice?

I started the bond between myself and Majoras Mask when I was 1 but harldy remember. I had fond memories playing Wind Waker on my 4th birthday with a GameCube. I still play it today and hold back those tears of a great childhood. So why Zelda?

May the :triforce: be with you!

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I like LoZ about the same as I like the Mario series, which is saying a lot. Although I played OoT first, The Wind Waker is what got me into the series, and since then, I love every game.

I love it because it's such an orignal and epic game. Every game is the same, but very diffrent. I also started with Wind Waker and I thought it was the greatest game ever made, that was until Skyward Sword came out ;)

MW7

I love the spirit of adventure and being able to explore the worlds that are present in the games. I love the dungeons a ton and the puzzles within them as well. I love the problem solving aspect that common in dungeons and love when there are multiple solutions to problems.

My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess. The story line, the character personalities, and the nonstop action/adventure sequence had me hooked instantly. And showing Link shirtless during Sumo wrestling helped the cause too lol. :)

Since then I've beaten TP, OoT, SS, and MM.

GAMERG0D

The Gamer God
Now I love Zelda, but not more than Final Fantasy. Zelda is so addictive with its quests and all the lore.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
To be honest I don't really love LoZ so much more than other series anymore (besides OoT and MM), but back when I used to, it was because Zelda offered me something that other series didn't. Challenge in a different way. A main character who was integral to the plot but also an avatar for us to use. Sidequests of unparalleled awesomeness. Stellar soundtrack. Now, I've since found games that rival the Zelda series entirely [not counting my two favorites], so I don't have the same love for the Zelda series anymore. I've "woken up", if that makes sense.

With recent Zelda titles, it seems the Zelda series is trying to take steps towards being like other games, and that disappoints me ever so much. If Zelda wants to be like any other game, why should I herald it as the best series ever anymore? Do I HAVE to axe out the newer titles, because I really don't want to?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I can't really say that I love Zelda more than any other series. There's just SOO many that it's hard to choose one over the other. But Zelda is definitely in my top 5!

Spirit Tracks is what started it all when I was eleven! Maybe if I didn't have my cousin Louis I wouldn't be a gamer, but I probably at some point would try Skyward Sword! ( I mean in some 1- 5 years later somehow....) I love the Zelda series for the puzzles, combat, filling in it. If it was just about tons of options that didn't get you a ton to do in them, it would be a little like Skyrim.

Well, in general, I obsess over any Nintendo game I adore Fire Emblem, Pokemon and a few others, but Zelda... well, I liked it when I started (but never finished) Link's Awakening as a child, but when I beat Ocarina of Time for the first time, the story literally left me speechless. And it's that continued, high quality story in every Zelda game that keeps me coming back. :)

G

gydders

LoZ and AoL quickly became my favorite games back in the late 80's, and then ALttP, OoT and now SS, they just keep confirming to me that Zelda is my favorite series.
The world Nintendo created, the puzzles, the dungeons, the epic battles, the humor, the frequent references to previous games, the various art styles, the replay value most games have... all of this make it the best series ever.

O

OGCeegKTA

I may be a little late posting on this, but there's so many reasons I love the series. Despite it being a game, it shows real life conflicts in a fantasy world; overcoming some kind of evil & pursuing whatever it is your fighting for. A huge reason I loved Zelda games is that, as lame as it sounds, it helps me realize that no matter what I have to face w/, I can conquer it & move forward. The music is absolutely beautiful, & me being a HUGE fan of music, it just adds to why I love it so much. The characters are memorable & timeless.
I even plan on naming my daughter (if I have one & if I can get my childs mother to ok it) Zelda, b/c of how much I love the series. It started off w/ Ocarina of Tiem & since then, it just grew & kept growing, & I highly doubt my love for it will never stop.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I don't exactly like Zelda more than every other series, it's up in my top 3 favorite series that are in no particular order. But to be honest I've thought about this lately, and it's kind of a hard question really. The plot, the music, the characters, the adventure, the memories, I don't know what the key reason really is. Whatever it is though, there's no other series that gives me the same feeling as Zelda, and that's why I love it so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom